ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329695
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Show me some scientific evidence for evolution.

I'm not arguing for evolution. you need to back up your argument instead of trying to push the burden of proof on me.

Honestly I think it takes more faith to believe that the universe just coincidentally happened than it takes to believe an intelligent designer crafted it.

You think incorrectly in this case.

Science requires no faith outside of supporting ideas and hypotheses - theories have evidence behind them, so believing them is a logic-based choice, not a faith-based one. The other theories of how the Universe began have scientific evidence behind them, whereas the platform for an intelligent designer is ENTIRELY faith-based.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Like I said, where did the matter come from? And when in known history has chemicals simply being together been able to make something as complex and advanced as life?

Amino acids, not directly life.

Also, sorry I responded to the same point twice. I'm still slightly drugged from getting braces earlier today >.<

Sorry, my mistake. So how did the inanimate matter get there?

This is a bit confusing, so bear with me. And I apologize in advance if I confuse you or anyone else D:

Because time and space are linked, and all space was compressed into a singularity, time was compressed into the singularity too. So, there was no time then. Therefore, origin and end wouldn't exist, so the object could've always been there. And then it reached critical mass and decompressed into our Universe.
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

the reason i dont believe in god is because froma historical point of view people invent gods and dietys when there is somthing they cannoy explain, this frightens people so they think of a way to explain it so the world around them is understandable and much less frightening
( think of it this way if you know that a giraffe is a herbivour you know it wont attack you for food and if you know a lion if what is killing livestock in the area then you can deal with it)
examples would be... i think it was the greeks that belived when a volcano erupted they had angered the gods and also believed a god ina charriot pulled the sun across the sky each day.
when the story of god creating the world in seven days was writen in the bible as a way to explain how the universe was formed

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The creation of matter is probably related to annihilation. In physics annihilation occurs when subatomic particles collide with it's respective antiparticles. The antiparticles are the positron, the antiproton and the antineutron. Antiparticles have exactly opposite additive quantum numbers from particles, so the sums of all quantum numbers of the original pair are zero. Scientists have proven that high-energy particle colliders produce annihilations where a wide variety of exotic heavy particles are created.

RJ2880
RJ2880
87 posts
Nomad

i agree with both but y do ppl evan want to bring it up. Just to prove ur right and their rong. its fine if u want to try to convert ppl. but dont just do it out of selfishness so u think ur right. i sometimes just pisses ppl off.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Show me some scientific evidence for evolution.

Well, for most people, we as humans are like paintings, where they are created by a painter, a designer. The only difference is that the painting has chemicals which can't replicate themselves. However, the human body does, AKA DNA. Even if God DID create DNA, he doesn't need to intervene every time an animal mates with another, the DNA does the job of creating the offspring on its own. So what's the question of the...er, night? How did DNA appear is the correct choice. How did living matter get created from non-living matter?

Here, Creationists need to drop the common argument that many seem to use all the time in order to bash the opposite side of the table with the statement which was based totally off ignorance of other Creationists, which was this:

All you monkey believers think that life popped out of nowhere and out of nothingness!

Of course, that's NOT the correct way in which we think. Life popping out of nowhere is no better than popping out of the hand of a deity. So what DO top Evolutionists believe? Why don't I take this step by step for you:

1. Best way to start is looking at ancient earth 4.7 billion years ago. Many different compounds were around back then, such as hydrogen cyanide and methane gas. DNA is made from only 4 different types of Nucleotides, so where did that come from? How in the world did they come to be in this universe?

Here's this: In 1964 a brilliant researcher called Wan Oro put methane and the cyanide to boil in a solution under the perfect conditions that were in ancient earth back then. Afterwards, the solution produced adenine, one of the four types of nucleotide bases. To make a full nucleotide, it needs to gain a sugar called Ribose and a group of phosphates. How in the world did the ribose and phosphate group get formed and get attached to that nucleotide?

2. From the nucleotide to the polynucleotide

Well, once the nucleotide was formed, they needed to form together in chains called polynucleotides. In the 1980s, researchers found that a clay, called "montmorillonite", a very abundant resource in ancient earth, was a perfect catalyst for this process of "chaining".

3. Now we are going to make RNA!

Some of these copies of the polynucleotides with ribose inside, or RNA (ribonucleic acid) are able to make copies of themselves...huh. Of course the copies aren't as perfect, but again, some copies are more adapted than the other copies to survive in the hot, dense planet earth used to be. So these molecules that did survive would replicate and pass on their traits, while those that aren't so great at surviving would just break apart into regular compounds of methane and cyanide.

4. Making protocells! WHOO!

As RNA replicated, they shared their surroundings with other chemicals around them. Some chemicals, called "lipids" like to clump together to form circular bodies called micelles. RNA molecules that attracted the micelles found themselves protected inside them. Because they were protected, they better survived than those that weren't. From there, they replicated successfully, but with the entire protocell with them. There, you have the first primitive cellular structure.

5. Then from the span of hundreds of millions of years later, RNA grew more complex from replicating and passing on better traits. The single strand formed to create a double-strand molecule, and the more successful DNA molecule evolved. One thing however: DNA needs proteins to replicate. Proteins are made from amino acids or the building blocks of life, so how/where in the world did the amino acids get into the picture?

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD

No...there was no need for God....

6. formation of amino acids

a number of experiments with the montmorillonite not only produced amino acids, but long chains of them that are called &quotolypeptides". It turns out that this long-difficult name clay stuff is a natural breeding ground for all these complex chemicals. So there you have it. RNA, DNA, what made it, and what made amino acids, non-living chemicals that in turn made living organisms and the process in which these chemicals came to be.

So as I build this up, I ask you this: if God did create life, when did he come in, using the same kinds of steps that I have provided for you? And if the chemical process needed to create life can happen on its own, why does he need to come in?

Before I end class tonight, I want you guys to look at some old arguments that end nowhere and show complete ignorance of people's views:

"It can't be done! simple chemicals can't form into complex chemicals without intervention!"

Are you sure? Just because a lot of people pass around this argument doesn't mean it's true. It's not true. Given time and left alone, smaller, simpler chemicals can and will polymerize into complex chemicals.

"2nd law of thermodynamics, genius. FAIL"

This sad argument? Simple chemicals polymerizing into complex chemicals conflicts with NO laws of thermodynamics. I suggest if you use this argument to freely read up on this law, because I believe you haven't and are just ignorantly repeating a myth that's already been shot down many times.

[learning time finally over]

Even though that all this can happen, there are still going to be Creationists that say "you still can't prove that this actually happened". We probably can't, but at least we don't need to use gods goddesses and realms of alternate dimensions to do so, because we already have a ton of evidence showing that it COULD'VE happened. And we don't need a book to show you.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

So the gist is, read my post above, and I just gave you proof that living things came from non-living things, and that they used evolution to get to where they are now.

KaiserKloud
KaiserKloud
5 posts
Nomad

I don't belive in god
because i think the christian god is a big lie made
for take power to vatican (sorry for english lol)
I believe i old gods because i think they are real and not
made for take power

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Freakenstein, well said, couldn't have put it better myself.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

1st, why can't atheists just keep to themselves?
2nd, I guess we'll find out when we die, so why waste time arguing about it now?

Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

1st, why can't atheists just keep to themselves?
2nd, I guess we'll find out when we die, so why waste time arguing about it now?

Fuck off. Seriously.
Stop coming to this forum if you're gonna complain about people debating.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

**** off if all your going to do is tell people to **** off in a forum about Religion

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

Oh your god, not another rambling loony...This thread is why I am a Pantheist, an Atheist, a Mormon, a Satanist, a scientologist, a hindu, and whatever religion the Greeks had. Actually, I change my mind, I'm every religion, so there is no way I am going to hell right?

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

I dunno
God loves everyone

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

**** off
Lol
You could just be Jewish, and not believe in hell.
Totally
Showing 376-390 of 881