ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1348018
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Now that we've adressed games, lets address the RRoD. The xbox elites NEVER fail, and the Pros only fail 1 in 30, as stated b4. The Arcade well, was the FAIL Xbox 360. Dont get it. just dont. you're just buying a red ring.

Yeah now that I think about it, my old Xbox failed(one ring and didn't know about towel trick at the time even then that stopped working for my friend), and so I bought an Elite(limited edition version of course) and have not had any of the issues I did with my old one and in fact it runs quietly, and it takes a lot more to overheat it, especially with my new intercooler for it.

I personally like my 360. That doesn't mean I will only stick with it. I have gamefly, so I can get basically any game I have the console for from there, and I do have plans to get a PS3 for some of the games for it like Kill Zone 2, Uncharted, and this new game coming out called Heavy Rain that looks really nice. Though still looking at the two consoles here is the deal.

The 360 is made as more of a game console and concentrates on those aspects in everything done on it. Like for instance it has multiplayer aspects to it that are set to help people communicate with each other more easily. Giving everyone mics and the Ethernet cords with the Xbox 360, and honestly in my opinion its worth it, since gold comes with other things like free community games like 1 v. 100(which I actually surprisingly find to be quite fun and its most likely just the beginning) With all of the amazing exclusives on the 360 like all of valves games, Halo, Mass Effect, and plenty of others and a new form of motion control that doesn't require a controller(which for me I don't mind getting off the couch to more realistically attack a guy with a sword. I mean that could allow for things that can't be done with a controller and may not really require you to stand up anyways) and of course there is the deal set up with Netflix(which I have) making it very easy you me to watch Netflix movies in high quality, and just select them on the 360(new feature just added within this last month) and then just watch them in high quality. On top of that the 360 tends to get a lot of games and add-ons first at times. There are some exceptions where its the opposite, but this just seems to be something I am noticing. The PS3 is making some improvements in some areas, like more exclusives, but not really enough for me to say its worth buying more then a 360. Its main advantage is that it doubles as a blu-ray player, but I don't have an HDTV yet so I couldn't care less about that right now, except that this blu-ray technology allows for the disks to hold more info. This is apparent since the 360 version of FF XIII(Final Fantasy 13) will most likely have 3 disks(as the developers estimate right now)

As for the Wii I played it once and it hurt my already messed up wrists. Thats why I don't really like the PS3 motion controller concept either. Its a motion controller which requires more wrist movement then anything and if you got carpal tunnel or something like that it could be an issue, and if you don't then it could give you it most likely over a long period of time. On top of that the Wii has the poorest graphics out of the 3 and too many game series that needed to die a long time ago, not enough games that I'm interested in, especially since most good games that are multi-console are not on the Wii, or are recreated a year later, with certain features changed, and lower graphics. The Wii might be good for some, but for me I will pass for now.

So overall I say they go in this order

1.Xbox 360: Many great exclusives, a great online multiplayer system that includes party systems, and friends lists, and many other great features for Gold Members, and soon will have Natal(under whatever name its given at the time).

2.PlayStation 3: Starting to get some more nice exclusives(though it just lost a few as well), blu-ray tech, online browser, and free online play.

3.Wii: Also has online browser like PS3, and has a lot more exercise, and family oriented games....thats about all thats good about it in my opinion, especially with no price drop in site, and the other two consoles only costing $300 each now.
Zaichik
Zaichik
65 posts
Nomad

From the 3 consoles mentioned I only owe a Wii (because it was the only thing I could afford back at the time), and the only reason I have it is because it does great at family parties (I'm the eldest child of the family, others being around 13-15 years, so go figure). For 'real' gaming I highly prefer my PC though. Only sometimes it's such a hassle...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

For 'real' gaming I highly prefer my PC though.

The one thing about the PC is that you have to spends 10x as much money on it if you want it to run the same games that are on the console properly, and so its not really worth it unless you have a lot of money, and don't care about carpal tunnel syndrome.

im on the internet with my wii right now!!

So? Is there anything significant about you being online that makes that console or any other console better by any chance?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

im on the internet with my wii right now!!

OMG, no way!

You do know that you can go on the internet on a PS3... with the web browser?
FieldCommander678
FieldCommander678
47 posts
Nomad

Get a PS3 much more worth it then buying a Wii,if you want to play games and use your physical strenght,go outside and do something,rather then just running around in your living room.A PS3 is also better then the Wii because it requires much less space since you don't have to be jumping,running,while you are playing the game,although I must admit that the PS3 takes quite a bit of space on your shelf,but it's advantage is that it has a better online community than the Wii...

FieldCommander678
FieldCommander678
47 posts
Nomad

I'm not really worried of it taking much space cuz I have plenty I was just adding that the console is kinda [b]"BIG" but I wouldn't even want to buy the slim PS3 because it looks uglier than the normal one which I find more "attractive"

BombDefuser
BombDefuser
6 posts
Nomad

dude Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are in the top 2 Wii is gone it has a un reconized game play to people and the most loved are playstation and xbox yeah the play station may have better graphics then the pro supports but when the xbox get the HDDD connector it's game over xbox has the better games better hard drive better graphics and it's cheaper so there you go Xbox Wins in my favor

BombDefuser
BombDefuser
6 posts
Nomad

and guess what playstation slims break i have one and it won't play movies anymore they are to much money put into them and they last about a year and a half Xbox rules cause you can get it fixed for barly anything at gamestop or any local gaming store

FieldCommander678
FieldCommander678
47 posts
Nomad

I seriously don't care about getting a Wii or an Xbox,only if it where for free and it was brand new lol.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

they last about a year and a half

... How would you know... they came out like 2 weeks ago? You must've just got a bad one. Send it back to Sony under warranty to get it fixed.

Xbox rules cause you can get it fixed for barly anything at gamestop or any local gaming store

That doesn't make sense... why is a console better because it is cheaper to get fixed... and I doubt it is cheaper to get fixed. And if it's a good console, there is only a tiny chance you should have to get it fixed... so this shouldn't matter.

play station may have better graphics then the pro supports but when the xbox get the HDDD connector it's game over

???

xbox has the better games

That's all based on opinion.

better hard drive

... The highest storage of hard drive on the 260 is 120GB. The PS3 has either 80 GB, 120GB, or 160 GB. Please research the proper facts before saying stuff like this.

slim PS3 because it looks uglier than the normal one which I find more "attractive"

Agreed.
quickshift
quickshift
349 posts
Nomad

I like both the 360 and PS3, But i don't care much for the Wii

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

360 has a fail rate of 1/5 people, the Wii controler is uncomfortable, which means in my opinion the PS3 is better.

WarBuddy
WarBuddy
79 posts
Nomad

I Think ps3 is the best, first the 360 was my favorite but mine was broken(i wouldn't read cd's anymore) so i sended it to microsoft but when i got it back it was even more screwed up

MCeloni
MCeloni
2 posts
Nomad

The wii is awesome. Free online play. For once you can move instead of siting on your couch for a few hours.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

The wii is awesome. Free online play. For once you can move instead of siting on your couch for a few hours.

Ugh, if you are suggesting that the Wii gets you fit or helps you lose eight then you fail. But yes the Wii gets you off the couch, but I prefer the traditional way of gaming.
Showing 91-105 of 5035