ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1472972
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 by a long shot wii u is almost the same as the wii and xbox 360 has all the best games other than game cube and nintendo

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

IDK why we're comparing a (second, third, and sixth, generation) system like WiiU with last generations systems. WiiU won this battle. Sure, the PS4 may beat WiiU, but we don't know yet, but PS4 is at least in the same generation. You're comparing apples to oranges.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

This thread was originally 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3. Obviously the Wii U can take on these last gen consoles. If we are going to be comparing with the Wii U, then X1 and PS4 should be on this thread.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

This thread was originally 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3. Obviously the Wii U can take on these last gen consoles. If we are going to be comparing with the Wii U, then X1 and PS4 should be on this thread
Excactly

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I still think the Ps3 is better than the Wii U anyway and that is the point

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

So , witch console won ?
And can I vote for PC , NDS or PS 1 ?

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I still think the Ps3 is better than the Wii U anyway and that is the point
PS3 beat Wii, yes, but not WiiU. They weren't even competing. WiiU's graphics and gameplay are much better than PS3's. But of course, your opinion is your opinion.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

WiiU's graphics and gameplay are much better than PS3's

Graphics are not better by much and Wii'U still has less games than PS3 so what do you mean by better gameplay?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Graphics are not better by much

Wii U has 4 times the RAM that the 360/PS3 can use at any given time, a better GPU with more shaders (than the Wii) and a good CPU that is super effiecient at lower speeds. The fact its able to run at 1080 p full HD at 60 fps is enough to say its more then enough for a gamer to be happy. If you haven't seen the WiiU's graphics in real life (not on a computer) then don't try to compare. It's a big difference. I own a PS3, so I know the difference.

Wii'U still has less games than PS3 so what do you mean by better gameplay?
PS3 has been around for 7 years, WiiU only for a few months. Of course it's going to have more games. But by gameplay, I don't only mean the games we play. I mean how smooth, comfortable, entertaining etc.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Wii U has 4 times the RAM that the 360/PS3 can use at any given time, a better GPU with more shaders (than the Wii) and a good CPU that is super effiecient at lower speeds. The fact its able to run at 1080 p full HD at 60 fps is enough to say its more then enough for a gamer to be happy.

Again it's not that high difference. It's not like PS3 against Wii kind of difference .

PS3 has been around for 7 years, WiiU only for a few months.

That was really important to point out.

ut by gameplay, I don't only mean the games we play. I mean how smooth, comfortable, entertaining etc.

But that's all subjective stuff you just written so you can't say that Wii U's gameplay is clearly superior.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Again it's not that high difference. It's not like PS3 against Wii kind of difference.
Well, the Wii did sell more than Xbox360 and PS3 combined, so... and the DS sold twice as many than each of them. The only console that sony is better than was the PS2 to the Gamecube.

That was really important to point out.
I'm just saying, It should have more games.

But that's all subjective stuff you just written so you can't say that Wii U's gameplay is clearly superior
True, and I hope you meant perspective, not subjective.

TrikReborn
TrikReborn
1 posts
Nomad

I have all the systems I just prefer PS3 because I have had it longer than any other system.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Well, the Wii did sell more than Xbox360 and PS3 combined, so... and the DS sold twice as many than each of them. The only console that sony is better than was the PS2 to the Gamecube.

Who cares about amount, so a few sorry souls got suckered into buying a Wii. I feel bad for them if they thought it was going to be great. And heres another thing IT WAS CHEAPER SO MORE PEOPLE BUYING DOESN"T MEAN THEY MADE MORE MONEY and even if they did, most people bought a wii only because it was cheapest.
The Wii's graphics aren't much better than the DS or the Gamecube. Their claim to fame was being able to use the WiiMote to mimic actions in the game. So of course you are going to think that the Wii U made a huge "leap" because going from crappy graphics to a little more decent graphics is a huge difference.

And the Wii U isn't very innovative, Wow a touchscreen never heard of that before (DS). I mean at least the first Wii brought something to the table that was original. That is the groundbreaker, the Wii was actually original the Wii U isn't their ""idea"" is basically Sony's because PS3 and using your Vita with the PS3 and the Ps4 is smart its awesome. The fact that all my saves carry over and I don't need any wires or anything is smart. It is like a controller that you can take anywhere and play all your games on it and when you get home BOOM you have your game on the big screen. It is truly a great idea. Better than being able to play your GBA on a Gamecube better than a DS or WIi and it is actually HD.
The future is here we have great products coming out. While the Wii decides to stay in the Past and stay with their OLD franchises that are Outdated. They still decide to use outdated technology. They are just making things cheap and worth less
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

No it didn't sell as much as both of them combined (check wikipedia) - the differnce isn't even that high considring the lower price.

True, and I hope you meant perspective, not subjective.

I guess so I'm not from US or UK however if you say it is true then you cannot say that Wii U's gameplay is clearly superior.

The Wii's graphics aren't much better than the DS or the Gamecube.

That's wrong DS is on N64 level and Wii' s graphics weren't THAT outdated.

Wii U isn't their ""idea"" is basically Sony's because PS3 and using your Vita with the PS3 and the Ps4 is smart its awesome

I think that Wii U came before that kind of conection was possible but it's still not such stunning feature to boost sales by much. Also it's sort of different with Vita - Ps conection because this set together is absurdly expensive (over thousand dollars in my country) and Vita isn't doing exactly well either.

While the Wii decides to stay in the Past and stay with their OLD franchises that are Outdated.

Their old and outdated franchises get pretty high scores and they're only reason why someone still buys their consoles so I wouldn't bring that one up.
Alexzonsun
Alexzonsun
2 posts
Nomad

I'm interested in it

Showing 4966-4980 of 5032