The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474739
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

well i say my favorite is the ps3 i have a turtle beach headset for it and it has blueray and it comes with a charger for the controller when it dies unlike the xbox and wii controllers that need batteries but the xbox is pretty fun it does have a bigger online even though ps3 is free (wiis to i think i never did online with it) but i do like the wii's games it has alot of fun multiplayer games that you can playw ith your friends/family so i go with 1.ps3 2.wii 3.xbox

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Most of my friends have the Xbox also. That doesn't mean I will copy them. I won't waste my money on that console. I rather just go over their house and play with them instead of buying my own. I'd rather have a PS3. Some of my friends have a PS3. So it's fun to play.

I really only bought my console because my friends play on it and I love halo. If they had PS3's, again ill say, I would buy It.

Think about what you with your money. Only $60 a year for the superior online gaming experience, AA batteries aren't that expensive because you wont burn through a whole pack in a day. My batterys last 3-4 weeks and a 32 pack supplies me for a long time.

PS3, while all flashy with newer sony hardware and blu-ray lacks in software and I feel you get more for your money with a Xbox.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

That's not true. I'm not a cheap person. I just don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on something that'll only last about 1 year and then having to buy batteries every other day and new things for the system to keep it working.

Wow my bad, accidentally put that in there, copy paste fail on me
W0rk
W0rk
12 posts
Nomad

Since I own almost all Sony Systems (No i'm not a Fanboy) I would go for the PS3 due to graphics and maybe the controller?
Although I gotta admit that the XBox may have better Exclusive games.
The Wii? Didn't really get to play it to give out an opinion.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

more for your money with a Xbox.

I can't agree with that since you have to put so much money into it so that it will last and work.
The only reason I see myself buying a new Xbox is only for the online gameplay.

you wont burn through a whole pack in a day.

Depends on how many are actually in the pack. I use to burn about 4 batteries a day or so. I wasn't the only one playing the system though. Most of my family members would play it.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

To playon live all you need is a console with controllerand mic in a package for $250. LIVE gold subscription for $60 and your good to go. Price isn't an issue both consoles are great and nobody needs to justify there purchace. my prefernce is xbox but if you like ps3 that is fine.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Price isn't an issue

For most people it is.
You need to be smart with your money and choose on the one that will benefit you the most and that includes a lot of features.

To playon live all you need is a console with controllerand mic in a package for $250. LIVE gold subscription for $60 and your good to go

With the PS3 I could've spent that extra $60 for a game or another controller.
I know Microsoft has best online gameplay. But seriously there's no point in just buying that. At least make it cheaper.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

But seriously there's no point in just buying that. At least make it cheaper.

Why is there a point in buying anything? $60 a year isn't bad at all. What you get is so great that is is totally worth it. If you have an Xbox 360 you would understand how vastly superior the online is.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If you have an Xbox 360 you would understand how vastly superior the online is.

I do have one.

Why is there a point in buying anything

There isn't really a point in buying anything except for clothing, water, food and basic life essentials.

Those objects are just there to amuse us(talking about the consoles). But at least spend the money on something better instead of just wasting it for some superb online gameplay.

I'm not saying it's bad to purchase it.
Just why? Microsoft should at least make it free. If you think about it if the online was free I bet they would sell way more consoles then they are now.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Those objects are just there to amuse us

Heee...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm216/antineji95/PervKitteh.jpg

Microsoft should at least make it free. If you think about it if the online was free I bet they would sell way more consoles then they are now.

Yeah but now that they made it better over the years it costs more to upkeep, which is understandable. If it was free, they would lose more even if they did sell more consoles. In sales Wii owns all.... by a lot. I think 60 million units sold? That is like 360+PS3, maybe more.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

In sales Wii owns all.... by a lot. I think 60 million units sold? That is like 360+PS3, maybe more.

i know why :P i love mine though in all the games that come from other consoles COD mostly (for me, black ops) a lot of things have been butchered from it (all that polish from the graphics, a few parts of the levels, ZOMBIE MAPS!)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Here are the sales for each of these consoles:
Sales
If you read then you'll know that the Wii dominates in sales. But if you look a little to the right DS has the most out of anything. But that's not mentioned in this topic so I'll refrain from talking about it.

would lose more even if they did sell more consoles.

I can't really understand that. If they did make the online free then everyone buying the arcade system and purchasing a memory card separate then they would make more money. Xbox $200. Online $60. If they did sell more then they wouldn't need to worry about anything. They would actually make more money.
wideloadbo10
wideloadbo10
146 posts
Nomad

Playstation sucks cuz this kid I know loves it and says there all great and rubs it in when really i hate him for that cuz playstation sucks xbox 360 rules and wii gets boring

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Playstation sucks cuz this kid I know loves it and says there all great and rubs it in when really i hate him for that cuz playstation sucks

So just because he rubs it in your face is a reason for why it's not a good console?

To me that makes no sense whatsoever. I mean you gotta at least list the features in it. Pros & cons of it.

The Wii is actually pretty fun. I like playing bowling, golfing, tennis, family games, just pretty much anything that I can play with others on it.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Its because the amount of money need to upkeep the system would be huge. The $60 yearly annual fee helps them pay for it and make it better. If they lost that steady stream of money to upkeep it and had to hope console sales would rise, that is too huge of a risk.

Say it were free, customer satisfaction would plummet because the quality of the service would severely drop, leading to less sales overall, because Microsoft's Xbox would have a way less meaningful name without its online.

Showing 2011-2025 of 5032