ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1004904
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

wait has he implememteed it into the game?

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

No but he's going to when his computer gets fixed.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

oh that's why he hasnt updated the game lately?

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Probably, if you read in page 4, his computer is broken. I'll have to ask him that sometime.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Well, I must say, that after like 3.5 weeks, Colony is just like many other RTS games, repetitive. Same build orders every time, same strategy every time (generally cold war, safe skies, and normal all heed the same strats). It's always the first to tech up and amass a huge army of sakatas, hovers, phantoms (and maybe a touch of gladiators) wins if they have good microing skills.

It's quite rediculous really, I've been going around playing as both people at once (two comps side by side), and generally, same stuff works every time. Just for kicks this is what I do:

Outpost (Capitalist):
Bank
Armory (money)
Generator
Upgrade to Solar
Outpost
Upgrade Barracks
Upgrade Arsenal (also use Arsenal to create manpower)
Sell bank and change Armory to manpower
Create another Armory (manpower)
Pump out the hovers when ready

Forge (Fascist):
Bank
Treasury
Armory (money)
Generator
Solar
Forge
Manufactory
Mechanics Terminal
Make sakatas/phantoms/gladiators
Adjust Armory to the resource neccesary

Basically, do that, along with good microing, and you rarely lose. Rushes are easily countered (Chronites>Marines/Romans, Marines>Scouts), and that's just a quick change in the build order (usually for the outpost player, as outpost has better early game rush counters).

giavanni6
giavanni6
234 posts
Peasant

hmm i had the fucking best burger EVER!!!! at "the ale house" its a reastueant [i spellz horrible]

go there

try it

love it

pay me 70$

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

@giavanni6
Don't post random stuff that we are not discussing (it will be considered as spam).
@Eddy01741
Well maybe you should try different builds, and have you tried communist yet? Seems like you don't have a build for it. It is true that there are repeated builds, but that is because they are logical and good or decent builds. The rest are usually far-fetched and just plain stupid. It just really depends on what you think is best.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

I have somehow managed to get a sakata MII to fire at the enemy base...
But I'm not posting how to recreate it because it could be exploitable, as sakatas could deal decent damage to the base, and could stay out of range of the base guns...and cost less than hovers.

I've also seen them fire and I believe 1-hit a roman, but I couldn't recreate it...

Is it normal for sakata MII to fire at the enemy base anyway?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Sakata MII should fire at base if you click charge, but I'm not sure if it still works. They also apparently own glads after central base is destroyed, and hover tanks shoot down phantoms (You gotta see that)

Eddy, fascist works much better for both outpost and forge for me.

necodeus
necodeus
24 posts
Peasant

Fascists are terrible for 1v1. I am not sure about 2v2 for forge, but fascists are also terrible 2v2 for ground.

The resource edge that capitalists have over fascists is insurmountable.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Fascists are amazing. The fact that they build buildings and units 35% faster is...crucial to times.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The fact that they build buildings and units 35% faster is...crucial to times.

Yeah, sometimes, but the faster build time can also run you out of resources very fast. But it has to be that way or everyone would be fascist.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, that's why you build 3 resource towers when your fascist.
I also find communist builds slower than capitalist...

necodeus
necodeus
24 posts
Peasant

I get t3 outpost as a capitalist before fascists.

Every. Time.

It's no joke; you can time it yourselves.

With three armories working full time you will have a significant hover tank edge against any fascist opponent.

Finally, 1v1, if I see an opponent's first treasury go up faster than mine, I know I'm in for an easy win. Fascists just can't match up against a good capitalist 1v1. And I have over 150 games vs. rank 5 opponents 1v1.

GG. That's all, folks.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I find capitalists only good for a dogfight, of course, you don't know what kind of government your opponent is using most of the time.

Showing 241-255 of 6563