ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3070681
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Spooning In Prison award

You sir are one sick individual...
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Hmm. Let's have a try..

Taste of gone freedom
Oh so sweet and appealing
But I can't leave now

Hope I got it right.. not sure yet what it exactly means, it's open to interpretation. But I think for a first one it's not bad

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

BREKING NEWS

Reporting live from the Haiku thread of Ag's community section; Fallen here with temporary judge, holder of power, supreme dictator of the right and true: Avorne!

-So, Mr. Avorne, how does it feel to be a judge? Do you feel up to the task for a second judging, or will you hand down your position for further participating?
Answers right after the break!

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Well Mr. Sky - I'd be happy to perform a second judging. It's my duty to do it after all - unless you feel that you'd like to do it. Either way, I'm happy.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

It's my duty to do it after all

Like jury duty??
Saving, I was thinking of TEH MIGHTY SPOON award. Or Spooning I Prison award (I love that spoon has dual meanings

Dual meanings? What do you mean-- OH!! Lawl. And either way will work, but your ideas is better, that's why your the judge
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I don't want to be
a voiceless statistic, no
or a prison b****

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Once in a while we each receive the calling to do something - Jury duty, saving a kitten or judging a Haiku contest - some people may shy away from that calling but not me - I am not 'some people' - I AM THE JUDGE!

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Freedom can be good
But not in the hands of a
Heartless kangaroo

Couldn't think of anything good, so here it is. I know I won't win, but I probably won't feel like writing anything later, so here it is.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Once in a while we each receive the calling to do something - Jury duty, saving a kitten or judging a Haiku contest - some people may shy away from that calling but not me - I am not 'some people' - I AM THE JUDGE

Wait you said or, so your just doing this so you don't have to do jury duty! Lawl. I like it, you ge to play God with other peoples lives Lawl.
Crouchbite
Crouchbite
219 posts
Nomad

Ode to Waffley Pies

Waffle waffle pie

Waffle waffle waffle pie

waffle waffle pie

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

1st, that is not a proper haiku. 2nd, there is a specific topic, please keep entries confined to the current topic.

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Technically it is a proper haiku. The first line is just his title, but yes, please keep the entries confined to the current topic.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Technically it is a proper haiku.

Umm. No, it isn't. Haikus are not rhymed. Ending each line with the same word is still a form of rhyme, therefore it is not a proper haiku.
alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Ohhhh... Didn't realize they couldn't rhyme. Sorry, my mistake.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

no worries man

Showing 1786-1800 of 5299