ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3068785
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

The theme is very implicitly used...in fact this is more symbolistic than it should be for a haiku now that Fallen thinks about it.
Basically, the sky represents life, goals or ideals.
The clouds could be seen or not as dreams, thus, too much dreaming makes us lose sight of what's important.
The dreams made pressure on the sky untill it fell.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Sorry, Fallen meant symbolic.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I see what your saying and the symbolism is great even though it doesn't really fit the concept of a haiku. Also I never would have understood it if you wouldn't have described it to me. Either way it's pretty good.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

FallenSky has drifted into symbolism and is sorry about that, for a haiku must be simple and express life in its purest essence.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Or not today...

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Or not today...

Correct. Tomorrow.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ah I saw you posted and I thought it was judged..sad, sad day.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Super suspense? HURRY JUDGE!!!!!! and I would like to judge the next one ;D

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Pressure is a beast,
A beast with various forms,
Abstract yet concrete.

I know it sucks, please don't hate me. I'm no poet. But since it's judging day I thought a good five-minute poem should be there.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Hopes he considers mine even though I didn't get it in on time. I was busy yesterday.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Thats kinda mean beastahayes. If a deadline is a deadline, then shouldn't judging be considered the same way? If the judging is continuously being pushed back, then the entry deadline should be too. And maybe they sumbmitted it for constructive criticism.

It is an okay haiku for a first go at it, But i would change the last line. Cause Pressure isn't excatly absract. that is just my opinion though.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Wow. What a hater. Get off my back beast. I just wanted to try out something new, you don't have to get all defensive about your deadlines and rules and such. It's a contest on a thread in the forums on a gaming website. Stop taking it so seriously. I think people are starting to lose focus on what ArmorGames originally was meant to be.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Hey both of you shh.

Possum it was to late to submit but I'm sure you can next time.

Beast be calm like he said it's just a gaming website and you don't need to moderate this thread.

Possum don't say hater, drops your IQ about 5 points :P

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

LOL sorry I know I'm ashamed for saying it. What I really meant was imbecilic brute.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Fair enough. Go reply to your other thread though, I'm getting bored without a debate and this is dangerously close to being spam.

Anyways is the judging going to happen today?

Showing 1261-1275 of 5299