ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3070858
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

ok, well with 4 days since the last post I'm pretty certain that it would be time to judge the entries. doesn't seem like anyone else has a haiku to contribute.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Wait wait wait!

The Sun dies everyday
We do nothing but look on
For now, it returns.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

The Sun dies everyday
For now, it returns.

First line is 6 syllables, not 5. Might want to reconfigure that line before judging.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I realize that but I set the deadline for Sunday and so Sunday it is. I don't want people to miss their chance.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

First line is 6 syllables, not 5. Might want to reconfigure that line before judging

its either 3-5-3 or 5-7-5, in this case the latter. that sentence doesnt make sense anyway?

if i could only dig up my poetry folder... i made a ton of these!
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I realize that but I set the deadline for Sunday and so Sunday it is. I don't want people to miss their chance.

Ah, I didn't know. Sorry. I had just seen that there were no replies in several days. Glad to know at least one of us knows what's going on :P

its either 3-5-3 or 5-7-5, in this case the latter. that sentence doesnt make sense anyway?

That's correct. And it has to be non rhyming as well. And what sentence doesn't make sense?
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

The sun dies again
For now, it returns.

fix'd

Usually I'm pretty good at catching those... All well. And it totally makes sense?
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Glad to know at least one of us knows what's going on :P

I wish I knew what was going on - I just read it a few pages back and apparently I wrote it so I guessed it was important. I just turn up and mumble a bit.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Creeping horizon,
Snuffs out gods' burning candle,
Waits to be re-lit.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Finally this threas has been brought back to the top, I can't wait to see who wins, ahhhhh the suspense is killing me, there are so many good ones, I could never be a judge.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

If I don't get any more Haiku's submitted by the end of Saturday then I'll close the contest early and judging will be Sunday.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Ahhh. Thanks your awesome!! I enjoy watching the judging, even though I know that I am not going to win, with all the fancy adjectives that the other people throw around. But hey maybe one day I will get it. I'm tired.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I just realised, the theme hasn't been changed hahaha...Guess I forgot about it when I handed down my judge duty ^^.

TuxedoPenguin
TuxedoPenguin
233 posts
Nomad

The guard leaves his post
No one to protect this land
Night comes out to play

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Make sure to judge from the very beginning of entries! That's a common mistake for some people :P

Showing 1741-1755 of 5299