ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3071254
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Oh know I feel stupid, my apoligies sir.

That's okay Savings, it's not your first time feeling that way ROFL XD
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

[quote] My crushed compass
The directions discarded
I pick a new north

That doesn't go with the theme really.[/quote]

It fits the theme, although only based on interpretation. However the first line is only 4 syllables, so it does not fit the format.
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

That's okay Savings, it's not your first time feeling that way ROFL XD

Oh you know?
So I guess you've seen the fail troll?
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

However the first line is only 4 syllables

So it does. I had "broken" in there before, then I changed it at the lsat minute and I guess I forgot to recount.

Bah.

And it sounds better with compass as the second (now third) word anyway, so this is a good oppurtunity for a rewrite:

The last compass crushed
The directions discarded
I name a new north
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

As admin. of this contest (hehe), who is the judge?

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Fallen is the new judge I know this because I brought him alcohol lawl.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Me and Fallen have devised a rota by which I judge one week and Fallen judges the next - It's Fallens turn to judge this week.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Me and Fallen have devised a rota by which I judge one week and Fallen judges the next - It's Fallens turn to judge this week.

Hurrah for the judges, for making an awesome agreement.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

My Haiku comes with a side of vodka. And icecream.

Sadly for you, I hate ice cream and had a pretty severe hangover from drinking 20 ounces of vodka in less than an hour when I was a teenager. Since then I haven't been able to even smell Vodka...As a true man, I guess I'd be able to take some but it'd disgust me...

Fallen is the new judge

Well, new's not really the term since I just took a little break for medical reasons; actually, I'm taking back what's actually mine, which of course is judge powers ^^!

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Use em don't abuse em
What medical addiction, I mean condition?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I had infection to both of my eyes (curse you contact lenses!) and couldn't watch LED's more than an hour or so per day...My ocular globes were so sore and soaked in blood I had trouble watching in front of me when walking in sunlight.
And yeah, I've been sober for the past three years. I take a cup or two from time to time ^^.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I had infection to both of my eyes (curse you contact lenses!) and couldn't watch LED's more than an hour or so per day...My ocular globes were so sore and soaked in blood I had trouble watching in front of me when walking in sunlight.
And yeah, I've been sober for the past three years. I take a cup or two from time to time ^^.

Oh wow I hope you feel a lot bettter. That sounds like something off of "Monsters Inside Me" lawl.
Sober from drugs or alcohol?
obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

All can be given
But nothing can be recieved
There is no freedom

This Is my first Haiku for this contest. It's a bit dark, but I hope you like it none-the-less.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Sober from drugs or alcohol?

Oh sorry, I forgot the english meaning of ''sober''. In french it essentially refers to alcohol only so..yes, alcohol; I never took drugs.
As mentionned, I do take a cup or two from time to time...Or a glass of scotch after work ^^.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Yeah well I'm American, and we don't learn much about other versions of English, like British or Australian, our schools suck. =(

Showing 1846-1860 of 5299