ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3072284
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
peeplot
peeplot
51 posts
Nomad

Great job. Everybody did fantastic. And congratulations.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

When is the judging?

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

They haven't judged yet the guy with the green armatar and mixed up words is just saying random crap. Either that or he is congratulating you before hand. When was the deadline? I would like to post a entry but I am not sure whether or not the deadline has passed.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

The deadline was Sunday.

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

Well that's alright, I guess I will just have to wait for next time. Where are the judges I see some great Haikus this time around.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Hey ya, I had some overtime to do this week so I could't judge...Well, I could've done it but you know, overtime in a restaurant is pretty much killing stuff.
Want me to judge today people? If so I'll try to do it this evening. It might be though with such a theme, I sure hope there are not too many entries ^^.

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

We would like you to judge today. But I could understand if you didn't. So do what you want. You work at a restaurant?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

We would like you to judge today. But I could understand if you didn't. So do what you want. You work at a restaurant?

Until I decide to work my ass at doing something out of my life, yes. I'd rather work in a library or a video game store but oh well; you tend to get more of what you need than what you want. So yes, I work as a cook for a Thaï restaurant.
I was going to do medicine but I don't think it'll make me happy so these days I'm pondering some other options. I just might revert to my old wish of going into linguistics...Or manga drawing, whatever, enough about myself, I'll start judging tonight; if I end up late tonight without having finished, it'll be up tomorrow morning. In any case, it won't be posted later than tomorrow so cheers to all!

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

Cheers.

I always see myself as a librarian. I see myself to serious to be a video game store employee. That's ironic considering where I am. A flash site. I guess what really is holding me back from a career in gaming is my lack of knowledge.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Okay people, here's the deal. I'm overwhelmed by work so I can either leave this judging to someone reliable like wolf or Av, or you can wait a little more, which I doubt is what you wish.
So if anyone wiching to judge want to take this round, let it be. If nobody's judged tonight, I'll get on it myself.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I'm snowed under by college commitments at the minute and so I too am unable to judge it

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

I would gladly judge. That is if the elders will allow me. But I will not be able to judge until 5 eastern standard time.

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

Uh. Would you allow me to judge or not. I have all the time needed to perform this task. But of course I will need the permission of the usual judges.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

As Mavericks BFFL I say we pick a celebrity judge.

Savingthedream14
Savingthedream14
170 posts
Nomad

A celebrity judge sounds better than the idea of me judging. i vote for the mysterious celebrity judge.

Showing 2101-2115 of 5299