The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3073245
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I'm back! Finally!
But...no one has judged when I was absent!?

Ah, the merit winner is Waluigi! Now let me tell you a little story.
You know how they say life is full of surprises, well I'd rather have had an unsurprising week...

On the very same day I was supposed to post judging, it got pretty cold outside so I kicked up the temperature; well my internet cable melted on the heating units of my apartment. The day after - day I had planned would be the perfect one to buy a new cable after work - I cut myself to the bone with a knife at work - I work in restaurant - and needed to go wait six hours at the hospital to get surgical suture for my index. When I finally got out of the hosptial, I found out I had lost my credit card - this was getting so pathetic it was actually funny - so I had to order a new one; got it this morning and I finally bought an internet cable.

Plus, I caught a cold...

I'm not trying to make excuses; I just think it is pretty funny, in an unfunny way of course. Hopefully, I'll never get to live weeks like this one again.

Other than that, and put aside the circumstances, I'm satisfied with the results of this experiment. Although it went awful with my trip-to-hell-week, the fact is that the collaboration put forth points we both hadn't considered in our own respective judging fashions so it's very interesting to proceed this way.

Since I've already made you wait a good while I'll post the next topic right now. The judging is nigh done but since I can't afford to make you wait any longer; I'll ask of you to make a demand on my profile for comments regarding your haikus. I'll hand them out individually this time. I came up with a new judging strategy; I'll log on each and judge each submission when it is posted, that way, I won't have tons of work to do at once. Hopefully, this'll eliminate lateness.

Also, I might add some extra content to next judgings , you're all excited now aren't you!

The next theme is: Santa Claus!!

You know I don't hand out themes like this frequently, so enjoy it for the time of Christmas! I'm sure we'll have fun with this one ^^.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

But Fallen, I thought you said the merit wi--*SHOT*

I'll hand them out individually this time. I came up with a new judging strategy; I'll log on each and judge each submission when it is posted, that way, I won't have tons of work to do at once. Hopefully, this'll eliminate lateness.

And you never did this before? But I did this long befo--*SHOT*

Okay okay! Enjoy the new theme, congratulations Waluigi, I voted for you
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

But Fallen, I thought you said the merit wi--*SHOT*

I thought you put forth great arguments, and in some way, it would have been unfair of me to listen only to my opinion. Besides, I was also thinking it was a nice one; that's the sole purpose of this twofolded judging right, to have winners that are not only based on the subjectivity of one individual.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Wahoo! My first merit! .

I'm satisfied with the results of this experiment. Although it went awful with my trip-to-hell-week

A trip to hell? Where on earth did you go?!

Also, I hope your o.k. after that incident you had. That must have been quite painful.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

That must have been quite painful.

The anesthesia was the actually the worst part, the rest was more or less bothering.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

so uhh... Should I bug a mod about the merit or wait until one notices?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

so uhh... Should I bug a mod about the merit or wait until one notices?

You should totally annoy the crap out of a mod unless he gives you your merit.
Of course remain polite while doing so. :33333

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

annoy the crap out of a mod

remain polite while doing so.

Hey, ExampleMod, I was wondering, since I won the Haiku Contest, GIVE ME MY MERIT NOW!!!

Sincerely, IcyIndia
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Jolly old St. Nick,
The one that breaks and enters,
To bring joy to all.

Might be my official entry, might just be for fun, would enjoy critique.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Here we go, another haiku

father of Christmas season
bringing gifts for all
the children are all gleeful.

hope ya'll like it.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

on top of my roof
the fat man has landed so
ho ho ho he goes.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Sweat trickling down
Insulin in his pocket
Wheezing on my roof

mmm...too unseasonable?

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Will he come tonight?
Or is this just a lie? No
Parent of mine cares.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I did a backward haiku, didn't I? I shall revise it.

giver of the gifts
making children very happy
father of Christmas

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

It seems that a bit more revising is in order, Waluigi, your second line is eight syllables.

Showing 2551-2565 of 5299