ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3069169
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I have lots of free time this summer

You're hired. You have my vote.

Thank you for doing something about this Gantic. When I complain about the judging, no one listens. Glad your layin down the law.
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Hi guys,

This is an important announcement regarding the future of this contest. After deliberation on the status of the Haiku Contest, we will no longer be giving any merits to the Haiku Contest for the foreseeable future. The judging has been lackluster or nonexistent. It fails to adequately highlight why the winner was chosen over all other entries. The judge has also consistently shown to be unable to handle the position in a professional manner. This is why we have decided to no longer honor any merits won in the Haiku Contest. We ask that you find a new judge that can behave in a professional and thorough manner. Simply, we ask for merit-quality judging for merit-quality winners. If the judge proves to be capable, we may consider restoring the prize.

I'm going to be... &quotrofessional" about this and not complain... But I must ask why? What have a done?
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Juxtaposition
Flames licking against calm waves
Two worlds together

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm going to be... &quotrofessional" about this and not complain... But I must ask why? What have a done?

You're inconsistant in regard to the field of profesionalism.

Otherwise, I'm up for jeol voting. It seems like an honest character/charactor/charactar/IReallyNeedMyAutoSpellCheckBack.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Otherwise, I'm up for jeol voting. It seems like an honest character/charactor/charactar/IReallyNeedMyAutoSpellCheckBack.

I seem to be inconsistant in regard to the field of posting before reading my submition.

It should be
Otherwise, I'm up for jeol judging. he seems like an honest character.
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Okay, so we have come to a conclusion!

Me and dudeguy45 will be switching on and off as judge. I know I know, "I'm unprofessional and stupid" -Gantic. But dudeguy will judge this round and I guess I will... learn? Yeah. So, my pledge is to definitely add why the winner won, and NO MORE PRANKS. Except if it's against Mav. That'd be fine.

So, my apologies to Gantic and mods, participants, and anyone else that I hurt. I will change! The haiku contest will continue!

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

So, my apologies to Gantic and mods, participants, and anyone else that I hurt. I will change! The haiku contest will continue

Trust me you didn't hurt anyone! i thought it was spoes to be for fun, yes i know about the merit. But i thought acmed was doing a great job. I hope the merit will continue, because it encourages more people to join in writing poetry. Which is what this is about.

Anyway XD here's my poem again if it was missed->

Reborn
Flame tempts, course with fire
bottle laughs, gurgling with glee
Morning, i'm reborn
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Mods shmods. This thread is a dual-monarchy, acmed and I ruling.

And acmed is judging this round.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Mods shmods. This thread is a dual-monarchy, acmed and I ruling.

Yes, and technically Gantic can't kick me out unless the participants say so...

So, uh, guys... Can I stay?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Yes, and technically Gantic can't kick me out unless the participants say so...

Actually he could just ban you. Just saying.

I am fine with you as long as you make the changes that Gantic wants you to make. Don't make the big guy angry.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I am fine with you as long as you make the changes that Gantic wants you to make. Don't make the big guy angry.

I agree as well just try not to get kicked off the throne then it would just be a plain monarchy.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

ennnnnn sure what the hell
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

A drowning phoenix
Caught in eternal rebirth
Born knowing its end

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Okay guys, must have poems in by midnight tonight. I'll get it done ASAP!

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

The hydrogen bonds
Breaking with the oxygen
Starts an inferno

Showing 4321-4335 of 5299