ForumsSupport ForumClean up the Art & Music

9 2879
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

One thing that realy bothers me is that hardly anybody posts their own art in the Art & Music section. They mainly post other people's pictures (which should belong in the tavern) or talk about music,anime, or instruments.

I beleive that the apropriate steps to change the section so people can express their art without it being bumped by misplaced topics should go as follows.

1. Make a more profession and elaborate sticky that is not temporary (they should be working on this right now).
2. Delete/Lock all the innapropriate topics for that section.
3. Have a list of people post about 5 new topics that all have to do with sharing music or pics. This would help people understand what kind of topics are wanted in the Art & Music section.

I am looking foreword to seeing some people's art but it is hard to tell a popular 6 page thread that it is in the wrong section while there are about 8 other threads just like it in the same section.

• 9 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I totally agree with you. Maybe a sticky on how to put YOUR OWN art or music on to the forum. Maybe other people know, but I don't.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

There is a sticky up right now that might help you out. If you would like to post a picture dierectly on the site yourself then send me a comment and I will see what I can do. I may see if I can write a good way to post picks up myself and see if I can get a sticky of it later tonight when I am on a better computer.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I agree 100%, half of the threads in the Art&Music are about bands and their songs or posting pictures of some show, that's NOT what that forum's about

it's really upsetting that if someone were to look for a place to put their artwork, and they go to that forum where it's supposed to go, only to find topics that don't match up with the description, so they leave believing that's not the right place, or there IS no place for it

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, i'll soon be on holidays so I hope I'll be able to take care of it. ^^
Or maybe another moderator is already dealing with the problem...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

No worries the problem has been fixed = D

All we need now is for people to upload some more artwork. Most of my scanned artwork has been deleted so I only have 3 things I could post untill I rescan everything. = /

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Yeah, I saw that dank has solved the prblem.
That's great.
But I don't think there are too many artists in the comunity, sadly...

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Everyones gamers :\\ We need to attract more developers and artists.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

True, but I know there must be some out there. And picture art is not the only 'art' out there.

I still say the name of that area needs to be changed, as to avoid people making threads like "ACDC or Metalica?!?!"

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

True, I do think a name change would help. But About 9 (if I counted correctly) threads were all locked on the first page. Along with them all being locked, I noticed a bunch of the threads were remade in the apropriate sections.

I think everyone is getting an idea of what to do = )

Showing 1-9 of 9