ForumsGamesDo we need a Colony 2?

616 182863
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just wondering what you think. Remember tell why if we need Colony 2 or not.

So,what do you think?

• 616 Replies
Johnny_5442
Johnny_5442
1 posts
Peasant

This is coming from 2014 yes we need a new colony

Supatrupa1314
Supatrupa1314
1 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it would really be good if we brought colony back to life.

kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

AB-SO-LUTE-LY

Spartacus0Germanicus
Spartacus0Germanicus
1 posts
Nomad

I think we do. The old colony kinda died, and i would love to see a new one with all the updates, units, fortifications, etc. that would bring.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Read this post if you want a brief theory as to why you haven't seen Colony 2 yet.

leotheman2
leotheman2
1 posts
Peasant

YESSSSSSSSSS. this is something that must be done.

darkflame26
darkflame26
1 posts
Farmer

yes i do think we need a second colony because it gives us chance to work at using better AI systems as well as dive into new unit possibilities.
me and my friend have been playing for a while and we just cant loose so it would be good to also have a way so you could control all 8 pads on a 1v1

RM12480
RM12480
7 posts
Nomad

Colony constantly updated > Colony 2

gunner313
gunner313
1 posts
Nomad

i think it would be good well if you could play with
other player's

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

I agree with RM. Constantly having new units, governments, buildings and whatever else would be better than having a completely new game for the creator to start ignoring.

DukeeCampsC
DukeeCampsC
1 posts
Nomad

Yes we do!We do need a new massively multiplayer game.It wont be boring as the updates do keep coming,
Colony 2-
Smoother Graphics
50 buildings or more in total
Fixed Multiplayer,
-Also the shouldn't be 1 camera position but OK if u want to build a 2D game.
If you ask me I'm up for colony 2.0 and we should start the work immediately

SumOfNothing
SumOfNothing
8 posts
Nomad

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y403/SumOfNothing/A25-Roman_zpsecdbad61.png

Colony was launched July 30, 2009, and we already had this forum posted regarding a sequel less than two months later. Krin did a fantastic job on this. It featured multi-player, which is something you don't really see on this site, and it placed 4 people in an epic battle that and was very enjoyable for a flash game, and I think that best the site has ever seen. Now, here we are, and it has been almost five years since the launch of ArmorGames most epic game. However, it unfortunately died out a couple years ago due to the glitches and exploiters of the games code who used it to cheat. It was fun while it lasted, but not nearly as many people play it as once was. Although a sequel has been pitched all over the site, it is unlikely by now that we will actually see one from due to how long it has been, although I may be wrong, and he is still active so he may still be working on it.
But, however, I do have some news for you. I am a 3D artist, and I have an interesting idea. My idea is to turn this 2D flash game into an epic 3D RTS with the same multi-player layout and all of the features. I plan on getting permission from Krin to work with programmers and create a Colony 2. ArmorGames wouldn't be able to handle a game of this magnitude, so it will have to be either a PC download or better yet have it's own little website to run it. But, once I get my team going and finish with what we are already doing, I plan on doing this. I already have some 3D models of the game sprites created, and I plan on making all of them.
If you have any questions, my email is JoeyEvans21@hotmail.com
Reply on here and let me know what you think

*I have linked an image an A-25 Roman model that I made, it's a little tricky to model off of such a tiny, low-quality image but it can be done. I based the Roman off of the schematic on the opening screen, although it's not finished yet. If you want to see others, you can email me.

xtremedude22
xtremedude22
1 posts
Nomad

We really need a colony 2. Colony has lost interest over the years. About two years ago, i played this game 24/7. Now, in 2014, there are like NO players in the lobby. Krin better make an update or a colony two if he wants to please armorgame.

blacknight2
blacknight2
1 posts
Peasant

love colony one but need number 2 ^-^ add nukes to kill units and turrets to have a fair fight when the enemy holds a line in front. the hold sucks also i still play number one

SumOfNothing
SumOfNothing
8 posts
Nomad

Also I do have a plan for changes to it. I want to keep the balance of the game as Krin intended it, but there are small interface and changes and some other cool things that would make it so much better. Just a couple examples of changes I would implement:
~3D (the most obvious one)
~1v1 being a game mode
~Having a more graphic based UI/menu system
~As above, you can click on a player and view ALL of their stats
~All existing bugs and glitches will hopefully be resolved
~Rank reset glitch notable will be fixed to stats will mean something
~Having multiple backgrounds that are different every game (maybe even a pre-game setting)
~Most units would stay the same except for some small changes (i.e. Mod. Sakatas would be able to attack air; maybe another air unit)
~Base upgrades, like being able to improve the turret for defense

Showing 586-600 of 616