ForumsThe TavernWhy Trolls are Trolls, a Study by Valkyrie

64 12820
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

"Why Trolls Are Trolls"
a study by valkyrie1119

I have done a simple study and analysis of the brain of a troll. I have discovered the source of their trollish behavior, and would like to share it with the rest of you.

Now, take a look at a picture of the average human brain.

Average Human Brain

http://universe-review.ca/I10-39-brain2.jpg

Now, take a look at the picture of the average troll brain.

Average Troll Brain
http://medirec.ncvc.go.jp/cgi-bin/get_file?FILE_NAME=S2004081257570001.jpg

As you can see, there has been severe damage along the outer areas of the brain. This damage has resulted in a psychosis I call "Trolishness," an over stimulation of the cerebral cortex causing the brain to be overwhelmed with messages from the nervous system. This psychosis has also been known to cause fugues of amnesia, where the troll forgets who he is and what he is doing, resulting in more aggressive trollish behavior. Considering the symptoms of trollishness are quite clearly expressed in their behavior, it seems they have no control over it.

With that, there are several procedures you can follow to make the troll a negligible variable:

Ignore the troll. This has been proven to be the best technique since the over stimulation and the psychosis require an unending diet of attention, and have grown to have it become a vital need in order to survive.

Report the troll without attracting its attention. A quiet conference with a moderator or a simply click of the flag button shall suffice.

Try to think like the troll. Because the Trolishness has complete dominance over the troll's behavior and though process, understand that the troll is in a difficult position in terms of mental status. Understanding the difficult mental process the troll is undergoing can result in both sympathy and empathy for the troll.

This concludes my study.

• 64 Replies
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Please comment. I intend to extend and update my study as soon as I can do more research and collect more data. I'm still trying to discover what causes the psychosis in terms of the necessary damage.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Ignore the troll
Report the troll without attracting its attention

Hooray for repeating things already said!

I suppose this could be helpful if you're new and all.
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

I suppose this could be helpful if you're new and all.

Yes. I intended to create an anti troll tip section and a scientific insight as to the behavior of trolls.
CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

This should be a stickie in the newcomers forum.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

scientific insight as to the behavior of trolls.

Trolls are trolls for the lulz. Is that one? xP
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Trolls are trolls for the lulz. Is that one? xP

Well I was just sort of trying to have fun with whatever reason trolls troll. Of course they troll for fun, but I thought it would be funny to make a satirical pseudo study explaining how trolls have damaged brains and a non existing psychosis.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Should've just posted in the stickied troll thread.

@iWazBord
Colony?

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

but I thought it would be funny to make a satirical pseudo study explaining how trolls have damaged brains and a non existing psychosis.

It was funny, especially with the brain. x]
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Should've just posted in the stickied troll thread.

Yeah but I wanted to make a separate thread, with good advice and a possible theory for their trollish behavior.
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

It was funny, especially with the brain. x]

Thank you. That was the intended affect.
Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Haha made me laugh xD

the real reason they troll: boredom and too much free time.

valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

the real reason they troll: boredom and too much free time.

That's the absolute truth, no theory can refute it.
compaq7550
compaq7550
164 posts
Nomad

I lol'ed after reading this. You're made of win val.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Another average interneter thinking he knows trolls.

Hint:

The trolls are smarter than you.
You don't know their methods.
You don't know their identities.
They are legion.
They are anonymous.

compaq7550
compaq7550
164 posts
Nomad

Trolls will never be understandable. They are complex beings spawned from differing forms of radiation known only to the septim dimension.

Showing 1-15 of 64