ForumsWEPRIs it Rap music or just Crap music?

10 4218
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

I like rap, i know ALLOT of it is trash and should of never been aired or even made. But the inspirational stuff is really awsome, like Tupac.

I just want to hear what you people have to say. this time i wont try to insult people and make them cry.

• 10 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

actuly i think i already made a post just about the same as this one.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

well sorry im not gona bother going through 200 topics.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

haha its not that far back i dont think, but i dont really care

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Personally, I find it hard to consider most rap even music. It is just some guy talking in rhythm, but it does not take any voice talent or instrumental talent whatsoever. I could be better than some of those rappers out there if someone gave me the lyrics to a rap song.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

That is true, they dont know how to play instruments, and neither do they make their own rhythms. I agree, but sometimes its pretty good weather or not they have. Whenever i listen to DMX: Lord Give Me A Sign, or Tupac: Changes i get inspired to do something good.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

I have never taken the time to listen to those songs, mainly because I usually have only heard some ignorant rap song by Eminem my cousin listens too, but I am sure some of the songs are alright.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Okay this is in the WRONG spot, and I'm sure this has been done before. This will get locked.

But I still want to have my say. I think rap has only a few things that they talk about. Drugs, alcohol, sex, and that kind of stuff. I am a full out rocker, and rock talks about a wide variety of things. On a music view, rap is just a repetitive drum line and the chorus is usually repeated a million times. Rock has solos, riffs, bridges, a variety of verses, etc.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I completely and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with XCoheedX

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Hm, yes. Continue this topic in the Music section... in fact I think there's already a thread there about rap as daswiftarrow pointed out. Thanks!

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Ok forget everything they play now, the drugs,money,women....All that forget it!

Rap was never about that, rap is "modern day poems"...well used to be. If you listen to the music by artis such as TUPAC...You will find out that he is telling a story about his life. I have his book on his life, and he did have a "hard" childhood. So everything he almost said was true.

He used to care and actully worried about his community, he was an insperation to all. But now and days the olny thing any one cares about is "look how fly I am and ritch, but your not, do some weed and you can be like me"

But TUPAC never wanted "the people" to do drugs or any of those things!

And X yeah now rap is just repeated lines, but it never used to be! If you all listen to some "good' rap and listen to the music you'll know rap is (was) never about this all sex,money,"bling" stuff.

It used to be a way for people to express themselves throgh music, but now it mostly is trash!

I mean soldga boy.....WTF

Showing 1-10 of 10