ForumsThe Tavern[nec] Why cant the earth end in 2013 not 2012

33 5922
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

But really who knows, the world ends when you die. This whole 2012 is just something Hollywood is trying to make money off of.

Well what do you think?

• 33 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

First we thought the world was going to end in 2000 with a computer vrise. Then we thought it was going to end on 6/6/06 cause the date was the same as the number of the beast. And now we think it's going to end 12/12/12 or December the 12th of 2012 thanks to the Mayan calender. I agree with the Mayans that something big will happen on that day but I doubt the world will truthfully end. I do belive how ever that the rapture is coming and it is close but I won't push it down anyone's throwts.

KeedzAI
KeedzAI
78 posts
Nomad

It'll end in 2012 because then I'd be done with somewhere between 1/3 to a 1/4 of my cenior year in high school. I don't wanna die after I graduate.

=P

Bux99
Bux99
301 posts
Nomad

Its a load of b****cks, the world will end when i take control of it. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!

-You will take control of it for me, I am your father, join me.

Dad, is that really you??
Forces we shall join, our time will soon come.
KeedzAI
KeedzAI
78 posts
Nomad

Oops! I almost forgot to say this. The Mayans were not the only people to predict the world to end in 2012 there were 4 other civilizations (or tribes) that also predicted that the world would end in 2012. The only thing was that the other 4 civilizations (or tribes) didn't have anything to really make their name known (for example the Mayans had that big calander thing with the I think it was 3 or 4 wheels in it and they were expert astronomers) while the other civilizations (or tribes) were just normal little communities.

I can prove the Mayan calander 2012 prediction false. That was the last thing that they wrote down as a prediction or what ever. Well maybe they all died the next day so they couldn't have made anymore predictions. Or they all just moved to a better location.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I can prove the Mayan calander 2012 prediction false.

Do it then. I would have thought you would have in your post there, but it doesn't seem like you actually proved anything.
orfict
orfict
124 posts
Nomad

I think the Mayans ended the calender either because they didnt feel like it or they died out. Think about it. You'd have to stop somewhere, and people die so y'know.

Diddy645
Diddy645
23 posts
Nomad

Didn't Isaac Newton predict that the world would end in 2060?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think the Mayans ended the calender either because they didnt feel like it or they died out.

Something about a planetary alignment? Don't see how that will end the earth. :P
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

There must be some reason for it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

They probably stopped at the planetary alignment for religious reasons. Mayans were, after all, religious people.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

Something about a planetary alignment? Don't see how that will end the earth. :P

go to the link posted on page one, it explains how the earth lines up exactly with the center of the milky way galaxy and that it could (hypothetically) cause the poles of the earth to change rapidly, causing earthquakes and volcanoes and tsunamis
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well then couldn't that just be solved by traveling to the middle of the continental US?

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

They probably stopped at the planetary alignment for religious reasons. Mayans were, after all, religious people.

Either that, or they were killed by the Europeans and everyone before they could finish it. Just a theory.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

That's also a very possible theory. People also think that the Mayans ended it because of some stupid aliens who hid crystal skulls all over the earth.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

If you are interested in this subject, a small part of The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown) brings up interesting points and a interesting theory about this subject.

Showing 16-30 of 33