ForumsWEPRy does god take things so early

30 7643
meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

well im very sad today my dog just died he was only 8 months old and i was thinking to myself y does he half to take animals or to me my family so early. Im more sad now than iv ever been so would someone pelase like to explain to me or help me understand or just say somthing nice. o and he got ran over if u must know i dident see it happen but my mom did.

• 30 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Wow, I feel sorry for you. God didn't let this happen. He has set up the world, and just let everything take it's place. This is just something that happens, and I would not blame God.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I don't mean to appear unsympathetic about the loss of your dog, but do not pull that foolishness that 'it was gods fault'. Everything on this earth will pass away at some point in time, whether you believe in a god or not.

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

i dont blame god i just want to know y he takes so early

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

i thought god chooses when things die and how long they live.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

He did not choose the happenings of our earth. He put it together, but he does not control any of us. People have free will, so God doesn't decide our actions. Some animals are just not smart. They do not have free will. They act on instinct, so he must of had a reason for crossing that street.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Coheed, I would remind you that humans are regularly killed crossing the street when they obviously shouldn't.

Theologically speaking, I thought that the more appropriate answer was that God's plan is working in everything- by definition it is perfect, only we don't understand it. This doesn't have to lead to resentment of God, so I don't see why you all have to "deny God's involvement"- this to me makes it look like you're defending God for the sake of preserving image. Unfortunately it also makes God look like a "whenever I feel like it" God, which seems a bit off to me.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Also, meeeeee, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I'll clarify: The way I understood it, God doesn't exactly control our lives, no. This is why people must assume they have free will. But God does have a plan; it is always perfect, it is always in action. One must strive to form a relationship with God so that they can appreciate and understand its workings better.

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

ty guys

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

it helps a lot and i just hope hes in a better place now.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well I'm not sure if there is a place for animals. When I get up to the Golden Gates with God, I will ask him. I wonder what response he will give?

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

ha yea.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

The Bible says that god works everything for good. Maybe He did this to teach you a lesson. We could never really know, though, because the Good Book also says thatwe could never know the will of God.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

MAybe this was done because the next dog you get (if you get another one) will be the BEST ever. You just never know God's mysterious ways.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Haha, yeah, I live by this one principle and I have always applied it to everything in my life. "Everything happens for a reason!" So, if your dog died then it must have happened for a reason. Don't worry I just know that something good is headed your way or it either died because you must have done something wrong, but I doubt that.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Maybe God encourages one to come to appreciate and accept certain realities of life.

Like Job!

Showing 1-15 of 30