138 32246
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Now that I-

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/modlocks/ttly-1.png

-have your attention, there are some things you need to know:

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

We also know how it is done. We also know how to fix it.

But in the meantime before it is fixed, please be aware that if any of your posts contain uncensored expletives in it, you are at risk of being banned because we consider that to be excessive swearing as stated in the rules of the site. And if it happens more than once, we might just get impatient enough to have you permanently banned.

So yeah, I thought it'd be fair if you guys were told, because it's happened more than once now.

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

Now, just one other matter: seeing tons of posts insulting people and swearing etc. by a single user is annoying. It annoys us too. But please don't assume we're letting anybody get away more than anybody else. If the rules have been broken we will deal with the user accordingly.

In some cases, the posts themselves may remain for some time as we keep them as evidence while we consult the administration to see if any further action is required. In these cases, as usual, the most useful course of action is NOT to complain that we aren't doing anything, but to report the offending post to us, so that we can compile them and present them as required.

That would be most helpful, thanks!

• 138 Replies
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Oh thanks i will probally flag all the swearers out ther e XDXDXDXD

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

He filtered himself. And dragging a quote from a rap out of context purely to make someone (mod or not) look bad is kind of bad style.

Context is important. If he had said that to someone it would be a teeny scandal, but... Less so as it is.
Kind of like how you don't get warned for writing r@pe in discussions (in the WEPR), but probably get banned if you threaten to r*pe someone.

More example of context blargh: I once had a big black c*ck. He was a lovely bird, quite tame and willing to ride around on my shoulder. Wonderful, if a bit violent, pet~
Normally I'd write rooster, but yeah. First line out of context looks awkward.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ceeeeeeen :<

(and I will delete that other post, because I know some noob will end up proving that they are a noob after seeing it)
I are not noob :<

Oh well. Now the context of why I posted the above is gone, but it still stands.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

> >
You could have taken it to the discussion. Or told me what you were doing - -

More example of context blargh: I once had a big black c*ck. He was a lovely bird, quite tame and willing to ride around on my shoulder. Wonderful, if a bit violent, pet~

Charles D'ckens, anyone?

*insert argumentation that was used in the discussion that is not located anywhere around here*
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

> >
You could have taken it to the discussion. Or told me what you were doing - -
I didn't realize you'd delete it and I didn't wanna butt into your discussion > >

Charles D'ckens, anyone?
Didn't that get fixed? Dunno, test: Dickens

Even better. Moby Di*k... Literary discussions, now with added asterisk~
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I didn't realize you'd delete it and I didn't wanna butt into your discussion > >

Uhuh.

Didn't that get fixed? Dunno, test: Dickens

Always nice.

Even better. Moby Di*k... Literary discussions, now with added asterisk~

If not to continue on nicknames: D'ck?
Or mixed breed dogs, which are know as b'stards. And the female dogs?
Something tells me that slang and swearwords has ruined a lot - -
Bundle of sticks! Condemn as harmful!
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

OK guys we get it. There's a lot words that sound bad but really aren't. Like the other word for cat. =P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Like the other word for cat.

Domesticated feline? Felis Catus? Furry ball of frenzy?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Domesticated feline? Felis Catus? Furry ball of frenzy?

I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. Or are you just too much of a _____ to say it. Insert in that blank what you will.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yes, Cen is quite the adorable donkey.

Me dink me daw a puddytat.

/derailing thread contribution

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yes... the venerable duo of Zophelia and Cenertes does it again.

Or mixed breed dogs, which are know as b'stards.

Mixed breeds of dogs are called mongrels and mutts. The word you used is to refer to any illegitimate birth.

And as another note: There has been so much deleted that without prior knowledge of what was deleted, this conversation appears to materialize out of nothing. :P
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

And as another note: There has been so much deleted that without prior knowledge of what was deleted, this conversation appears to materialize out of nothing. :P

Caution: Moderators behaving badly!

I once had a big black c*ck. He was a lovely bird, quite tame and willing to ride around on my shoulder. Wonderful, if a bit violent, pet~

Well, I thought the quote was from Poe, oh well.
DevDevil
DevDevil
3 posts
Nomad

some people are so annyoing with swearing

ColdSword
ColdSword
121 posts
Nomad

definetly lol nice conversation another word that sounds bad but isnt the other word for chicken c*ck

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Cunt. I said cuntry once (typo) and it was bleeped out and was like WTF lol

Showing 106-120 of 138