138 32247
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Now that I-

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/modlocks/ttly-1.png

-have your attention, there are some things you need to know:

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

We also know how it is done. We also know how to fix it.

But in the meantime before it is fixed, please be aware that if any of your posts contain uncensored expletives in it, you are at risk of being banned because we consider that to be excessive swearing as stated in the rules of the site. And if it happens more than once, we might just get impatient enough to have you permanently banned.

So yeah, I thought it'd be fair if you guys were told, because it's happened more than once now.

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

Now, just one other matter: seeing tons of posts insulting people and swearing etc. by a single user is annoying. It annoys us too. But please don't assume we're letting anybody get away more than anybody else. If the rules have been broken we will deal with the user accordingly.

In some cases, the posts themselves may remain for some time as we keep them as evidence while we consult the administration to see if any further action is required. In these cases, as usual, the most useful course of action is NOT to complain that we aren't doing anything, but to report the offending post to us, so that we can compile them and present them as required.

That would be most helpful, thanks!

• 138 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Can frickin' get me banned?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

This isn't a forum for 7-year-olds, so I don't think it can, unless there is a high amount of flaming involved when you use it. But that goes for just about any word.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The others I can figure out, but I did not know there was a "c word". What is it?
Rooster.

No, it's not really a swearword... It's like darn and friggin' (alternate spelling, yay).
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Didn't expect such a helpful outcome.

I assume overusing It (as in morethan me) will cause trouble.

Stormcutter
Stormcutter
267 posts
Nomad

so i can say frickin'. awesome.

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Rooster.

Nah, I don't think of cock as a swear word, any more than dick. I was referring to the word for vagina. I didn't even learn that word until I was in college.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

so i can say frickin'. awesome.

Frick yeah you can!

Nah, I don't think of **** as a swear word, any more than ****.

That's funny, in an ironic sort of way.
Stormcutter
Stormcutter
267 posts
Nomad

That's funny, in an ironic sort of way.

eh... how is that ironic?
Stormcutter
Stormcutter
267 posts
Nomad

there r alot of ppl who swear on ag so, im sorta used 2 it, i dont rly swear though. in real life maybe but not in ag

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

there r alot of ppl who swear on ag

not like theres a memo for that or anything.
TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

I'm guessing the censorship is applied when posting. It would be cool if it was applied when viewing, because then the actual text you typed would be preserved, and mods could have the power to see through the censors.

Soltis
Soltis
29 posts
Nomad

I make a point of not swearing anyway, but this is good to know about -- and watch for.

Also, funny post/presentation; I like your style.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I make a point of not swearing anyway, but this is good to know about -- and watch for

So yeah, if you see anyone getting past the censorship, go notify a mod about it

Also, funny post/presentation; I like your style.

Soltis, Strop; Strop, Soltis. He can be very smart about posting very humorously. He does this majority of the time, mostly in the AMW forum.
hiimawesome
hiimawesome
79 posts
Nomad

W*ll, *k, *f th*e*e *s n* s**h th*n* a* e*ces*ve c*ns*r*n*, so f***, hahaha.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

eh... how is that ironic?

He didn't consider it to be a bad word, but it turned out to be censored.

I'm guessing the censorship is applied when posting.

That's the only way it can be done, unless you have thousands of mods who constantly just sit there going through posts and censoring them when necessary. That would take a lot of effort from a lot of people, so I'm leaning far towards your theory.
Showing 76-90 of 138