ForumsForum GamesD&D *R.A. Salvatore Style*

382 80071
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Of course those of you who have read his marvelous books know that we are talking Forgotten Realms. The creator of Drizzt Do'Urden the Drow and Cadderly Bonaduce the Cleric who has sold over 10 million copies of his books. For those of you who are remembering all the time spend underground with Drizzt in the beginning this shall mostly take place above ground. I haven't played such a game for a long while but they are almost always enjoyable. Until you get a noob DM the likes of which orcs and trolls would feast on were he in the game. Obviously it cannot be as complex as the real game as I doubt we could find that kind of commitment on here.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Deity:
Level: 1
Physical Description:
Weapon: To be determined
Armor: To be determined
Gold: 0
Pet: None

And if you like do actual dice rolls for your:

Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

No cheating.

• 382 Replies
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

I stopped playing D&D a few years back...sixth grade, I think. But why not? I still have my dice.

Name: Daeroth Dragonlight
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Deity: Helm
Alignment: LG
Physical Description
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Color: Tan
Hair Color/Style: Dark Brown, very short.
Height: 6'3
Physique: Lean, but somewhat muscular.
Str: 18/87
Dex: 15
Con: 17
Int: 10(Awww...I'm dumb. xP)
Wis: 14
Cha: 17(the minimum required Charisma for a Paladin. Only thing I don't like about this class. *sigh*)

You should probably fill in the details though, so we don't have to reveal ourselves as total nerds(even if we are former total nerds, that is to say). And so that people who don't play D&D in rl can play.
I seem to recall I preferred Greyhawk and Gygax to Forgotten Realms and Salvatore, but we'll see. Infact...I don't think I am familiar with Forgotten Realms. So, forgive me if some of my things are from Greyhawk, cuz I'm more used to that.
Anyway, is this good?

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

I always imagined you older than that... Dang you are dumb, want to trade 5 gold for 10 silver? It's twice as many. As long as you know what you are doing it doesn't have to be Salvatoresk, that part is my job. This really makes me want to read the Cleric Quintet again. I actually visited it first before I ever knew of Drizzt. Good old Cadderly. Now we wait for more players to arrive. And yes, it is perfect. Once a nerd, always a nerd. *Strokes the State 2nd Place Physics medal from the WYSE competition and dons the State Scholars Bowl T-shirt* I want to see how many people out there actually know what they are doing when it comes to this...

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Once a nerd always a nerd. Yup. No matter how many basketball trophies you get, your spelling bee trophies always outnumber them. =(
I'm 15. So, 4 years ago.
No thanks. I know sp is worth a tenth as much as gp.
Yeah...I am dumb. Although hopefully player intelligence can compensate for character intelligence.
Sweetness. I'm more used to Greyhawk. I think, the only stuff I know about FR is from playing Baldur's Gate on the PS2. Haha.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Good you do know something about it! And you already know who the two characters I have mentioned are.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Actually, I have no idea who Cadderly Bonaduce is. But I know who Drizzt Do'Urden is. I unlocked him and played him on BGDA 2, along with his nemesis, Artemis Entreri.
Although, I don't really know of anyone else who plays D&D on this site.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Cadderly was in it as well. So says a page on the game.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Oh I just googled it and I know what confused you; Cadderly was in Shadows of Amn. I played Dark Alliance. So, he wasn't in the one I played.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Storm Dragon
Race: halfling
Class: Rouge
Deity: none
Alignment: Neutral good
Physical Description: Storm has short white hair and is kind of tall for a hobbit but still not tall enough to be mistaken for a child of anyother race(at least not with her living on her own or her looks). Storm's eyes are a redish brown and remind many of the eyes of a wolf.
Str:14
Dex:18
Con:14
Int:16
Wis:12
Cha:12

I have read about Cadderly and I have played every Forgotten Realms game that has been made sence Boulders Gate came out in the early 90's, but I haven't played the oragenal verson of D&D so if some of my stats are just please let me know.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Hey, can I change my deity from Helm to Tyr?
Also, Storm...*sigh*. Spelling, spelling, please. Please?

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Yes, you can update it when this gets underway. I would like at least 1 more character before we start. I am tempted to make one myself and have each player have a hand in the storyline. I wanted to do that in my Medieval RPG, but the boneheads were too lazy to actually post anything on my profile except for one. Why people would bother wasting my time saying they would play but not take the time to bother explaining why they would want to in a simple comment is beyond me.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

That sounds pretty good to me, I'll help with your storyline, but let's wait for a while.

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

I'll join. Just give me a while to think up a character.

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

Name: Blade
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Deity: Loki
Alignment: CE (not sure of correctness)
Physical Description
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color/Style: Black, Buzzed
Height: 5'11"
Physique: Lean
Str: 11
Dex: 17
Con: 16
Int: 16
Wis: 13
Cha: 14 (once again, not sure if i did the stats right)

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Blade, have you played Dungeons and Dragons before?

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

Man, this looks fun. But I never played D&D, so I don't get anything. D:

Showing 1-15 of 382