ForumsWEPRVegetariansm

9 4220
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I'm a vegetarian, and I was wonderng why people dislike vegetarians. I don't undestand this, so if you do dislike vegetarians could you tel me why?

• 9 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Meat is the backbone of muscle, so guys like their steak more.

Also, its to me a stupid concept. Look at Animal Slaughter [even though its far off thread].. Anyway, I just think the concept is stupid, not the people. Your denying yourself the right to eat what millions of people have done for years. Theres no point in being a veggetarian. Youre not saving animals, the meat you dont' eat goes to someone else. Thats why the world runs in a market. Meat is food, we need food. Like cars need gas. You wouldn't say to save the oil you wouldn't drive, because you know out there in the world its being bought because its essential. Theres no reason to do it but a moralic reason that has to reasoning behind it. Besides the fact that your one of the few that doesn't eat meat, something everyone else does. Not to say to be like everyone else, but to be naturally like someone else.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I'm vegetarian because of the way animals are treated (read Animal Slaughter). It's a way to protest bad treatment of animals. If animals were treated better, I wouldn't be a vegetarian. Also, you don't need to eat meat to be strong. Maybe this will explain some stuff to you about vegetarians. I'm not trying to convince you not to eat meat, I'm just hoping this will make you not dislike vegetarians.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Unfortunaltly protesting like this does nothing really. The majority of the people in America are not vegatatarian so the meat companys will keep sending out steaks and things. I will admit that conditions for animals are bad but protest in a different way because not eating meat is not very effective.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Although it would be nice if people would stop insulting people who are vegetarians.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Well I can personally say I don't insult vegatarians. I know about four vegatarians. I think its stupid you can eat whatever you want really.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Theres no point in being a veggetarian.

I'll chase you to all ends of the earth (or this forum, rather), until you realise that there's also no point in thinking that having a vegetarian diet is stupid not just for yourself, but everybody!

I mean seriously. All you're doing is being offensive to them.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh yeah, and this: Not to say to be like everyone else, but to be naturally like someone else.

Is still a fallacious normative appeal- it's simply known as a 'naturalistic' fallacy, and is covered by such things as arguments on why biological arguments are not useful.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Everybody is free, as the Human Rights declaration says. That involves freedom to choose your diet.
I'm not vegetarian, but I understand people's motives to be vegetarians, and even if I don't always agree with them, I do not judge them, as they're free to do what they want.

I think all of us should do the sme...

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I had to delete that photo, that is totally unacceptable to post in a community like this. Your point is well made, however, there is already a vegetarian debate on this first page. It's called Animal Slaughter, so you should like it

Showing 1-9 of 9