ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98479
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I always found a scythe an interesting weapon/tool.

Go angry peasant mobs!

Pavlan97
Pavlan97
2 posts
Nomad

Mine would be Greek fire (or any other flame medieval weapon like the chinese flamethrower ) this nicely burns them to death maybe more slow and painful than any other medieval weapons.

1,855 posts
Nomad

If you are far away, the catapult. but if you are right next to your enemy, I would say the mideval flail.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

My favorite is the Morning Star:
http://www.downloadmunkey.net/images5/shepa-02.jpg

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Flamethrowers served as seige engines sinse greek times.

Greek fire in big amounts

overphil
overphil
152 posts
Nomad

morning stars

look sweet

lethal

or the ancient laser, they got a bunch of mirrors and shined them at something so it was like a low powered heat laser

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

M32, i dont care if its not mideval, and how would u know its not mideval?? GRRRRRRR

UlricVonlic
UlricVonlic
1 posts
Nomad

Falchion is the best in my opinion. It was a sword from the middle east (I think). It had the speed of a rapier but the strength of heavier sword. A true hybrid sword!

Enquise
Enquise
19 posts
Nomad

my favorite would be a bowie knife, small(ish) and concealable. why charge someone with a sword or an ax when u can cut their heart out without them gettin to hit you

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

The katana is the best, it is said that the masters soul was embbed within his katana, therefor he could use it wisely and swiftly.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Snakebite, that's a flail (alternately, a holy water sprinkler) not a morning star.

Depends on the culture. That was one name for it, yes.
cambria
cambria
40 posts
Nomad

longbow it can be shot way faster than a crossbow sow i think longbows are the best

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Mine would have to be the medieval flail. Just because it is a large spikey ball that you swing around.

Austinn
Austinn
278 posts
Nomad

Longbow id love to be able to stand in a unit and nail a light armor unit :P.....ive been playing to much medival 2 total war...>_>

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I would say a spear. You can fight with it or throw it.

Also having like 1000 archers all shoot up and make an arrow storm would be tight.

Showing 61-75 of 353