ForumsPopular MediaMy Problems with Avatar (spoilers)

80 39087
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

In my opinion, James Camaron's movie Avatar was an extremely dissapointing movie. If you just wanted some really cool special effects, then that's fine. Visually, it was a somewhat decent movie. In every other aspect, it was excruitatingly painful to watch. I will now rate the different aspects of avatar and give my reasons for doing so.

Creativity: 1/10.
This movie was essentially Pocahontas 3: Now with more Blue! This plot has been done so many times before: Braveheart, The Last Samurai, the Lorax, etc. Its okay to reuse a plot as long as you add something to it. Cameron, however, decided to just use a straightforward "outsider saves the natives" plot without adding any twists.

Logic/plot holes/science: -100/10. This is the biggest section, so I will break it up:
1) Why can't people breathe on Pandora? There is obviously ample oxygen, as evidenced by the flamethrowers. The atmosphere can't be poisoned either. All the soldiers use those impractical full face gas masks with the seal around the chin. But many soldiers also appeared to have beards. How do you get a seal through a beard? Everyone who had a beard should have been poisoned.
2) One of the first lines of the movie was "You're not in Kansas anymore." It was said by the commander guy to the new recruits on pandora. First of all, how cliche. Secondly, this movie is supposed to be set 150 years in the future, by which time the Wizard of Oz will be 200 years old. Are you telling me people will still get this reference?
3) Technology. Or rather, lack thereof. Why, oh why, did the humans need to attack the huge tree with helicopters? Are we supposed to believe that we have intergalctic travel but not, I don't know, NUKES FROM SPACE?? Bam, one push of a button, no more native "threat". Additionally, why couldn't the humans just tunnel under the tree? We have that ability now, so did we forget or something? Speaking of technology, whats with the humans' computers? Why are they still using keyboards and video logs instead of direct mind-computer interaction? Afterall, they had the technology to be able to scan Sully's brain and digitially transfer it into the avatar (matrix anyone?). Additionally, the human's interaction with technology would make a nice contrast to the native's interaction with nature.
3. At the end of the movie, the Colonel puts his gas mask on while still in the robot suit. Logically, the actions needed to put on the gas mask would have caused the robot to hit itself in the face (the colonel was still wearing the controller hands).
4. At the end of the movie, how did the Na'vi win? Its not like the humans are just going to back down. They "won" a battle, not the war. Again: nukes from space. And, as Sully said, they couldn't possibly win a fight outside of that protected area. Which also raises the question, why did the humans attack when the na'vi were hidden? Obviously they could just wait until they starved and had to come out. Or just use NUKES FROM SPACE.
5. How did Sully even become lost in the first place? Why wouldn't they implant a homing beacon under his skin?
6) Pandora is a moon. This means it orbits a planet as that planet orbits a star. This would mean that sometimes Pandora is close to the star (when it is between the planet and the star) and sometimes it is far away (when the planet is between it and the star). The slight tilt of the earth is responsible for the extreme temperature difference between summer and winter, often over 100 degrees difference at the poles. Can you imagine the difference on temperature between a pandora winter and summer? It would probably be over a thousand degrees difference. How can life evolve in that extreme of condidtions? Especially such advanced life.
7) The whole toruk thing. It took sully all of two minutes to capture this flying dragon thing. Are you telling me that no one in their entire civilization could think to attack it from above?
I have more, but that's all of that for now.

Significance: 1/10
This was supposed to be some sort commentary on the war in iraq (references to "Shock and Awe" prove that this was cameron's intention). This is nothing like Iraq. First of all, the na'vi had no need for unobtainium because they were better than that. But the Iraqis want oil just as much as the Americans do. they are just as willing to destroy their landscapes for some black gold as we are. And as far as environmentalism goes... Do we really need another Lorax movie? And it isn't like the movie gives any useful advice. Plugging my hair into a tree isn't going to stop global warming or save the rainforests.

Visuals: 7/10
This was far and away the best part of the movie. Their were several moments when I was just amazed at all of the pretty colors. But sometimes the 3D kind of failed. Like when the camera would go soft focus on something in the foreground. This looks good in 2D, but it 3D it is just awkward.
Wow, this is a long post. And to think I'm still leaving a lot out...

• 80 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

i had one huge rant on how wrong that was but had a spontaneous internet failure.... ugh.

well anyway some points you have hold their own, but others are completely untrue. if you really want to get down to the basics, it is pretty much Pocahontas. but it is MUCH better than that. it isnt a 'ocahontas 3 : with more blue!' i thought it was fiction at its best.

as i am too lazy to type a rant, my basis for why your whole argument is wrong is that not all movies are realistic. even then, as it is set in the future, i am pretty sure they would have solutions to such problems as air and such. plus nuking anything wouldnt do any good. the Na'vi are living right on top of the biggest deposits of unobtanium, so nuking the entire moon would be useless. neither would detonating it in the air. their would be MASSIVE amounts of radiation laced into the ground, air, and anything even near the blast site.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

1) Why can't people breathe on Pandora? There is obviously ample oxygen, as evidenced by the flamethrowers.

yea but its a movie. Movies are NEVER scientifically correct.

Creativity: 1/10.

I have to agree on that one

At the end of the movie, the Colonel puts his gas mask on while still in the robot suit. Logically, the actions needed to put on the gas mask would have caused the robot to hit itself in the face (the colonel was still wearing the controller hands).

That made me lol.

4. At the end of the movie, how did the Na'vi win?

yup, na'vis would never win that easy. And nuke is out of the question because the humans want to us the planet, not destroy it.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

the humans want to us the planet,

well typo ftw! i mean "use" not "us"
Remembrance
Remembrance
4 posts
Nomad

Well I'm probably bringing up a dead topic here, but IDC its 4:09 am and I'm bored. I actually joined the website just to post on this. I was originally pissed off by Aknerd's stupidity in the first post, but later on you redeemed yourself a bit. I've got time so ima comment out every part of this topic.

Why can't people breathe on Pandora? There is obviously ample oxygen, as evidenced by the flamethrowers. The atmosphere can't be poisoned either. All the soldiers use those impractical full face gas masks with the seal around the chin. But many soldiers also appeared to have beards. How do you get a seal through a beard? Everyone who had a beard should have been poisoned.

Although a lot of people have tried to explain this. This is my opinion. They said there was oxygen, enough to run a flamethrower, although

Flamethrowers that use gas have oxygen in the tank so there might not be oxygen.

is also very true. But, like mars, which also has an atmosphere, and minuscule amounts of oxygen, there is simply not enough for the body to be able to process. Also, they address this, although I'm not sure whether purposefully or not, when Jake tries to strike a match after becoming lost, and it sparks but wont light very easily. This would also explain the masks, as they put it on it makes a suction noise, which could possibly seal it a little better, although if the atmosphere is just lacking, then a perfect seal wouldn't be necessary, just enough that all the air didn't escape.

Are we supposed to believe that we have intergalctic travel but not, I don't know, NUKES FROM SPACE??

Yes I realize this was before people explained unobtanium, but nuking something that conducts energy, and acts as a power source seems like a truly terrible idea. That would create an explosion that may actually rend the planet apart, while also creating radiation that would make it hard for humans to keep mining.

why couldn't the humans just tunnel under the tree? We have that ability now, so did we forget or something?

Well, as evidenced by the recent oil spill, we may have the technology, but we are definitely not great with it...lol. But you have to realize that they did not discuss the soil composition, it may be extremely thick. Also, we do have tunneling technology, which works fairly well most of the time with oil, because it has back pressure and takes less power to bring to the surface, but with a solid, and maybe an extremely hard solid, its not going to flow, making this a much slower process then their strip mining. Pressure or geothermal heat may also be a factor, with a mile high tree or whatever above it, theres probably a lot of pressure on the ground below it, the heat could be staggering just below the surface depending on how the infrastructure of the moon is designed.

Speaking of technology, whats with the humans' computers? Why are they still using keyboards and video logs instead of direct mind-computer interaction?

Mind computer interaction is highly uncontrollable now, you have to concentrate all your will just to get a mouse to twitch across the screen to an area around where you want it to go. The simpilest distraction, such as the commander asking about flight patterns would cause you to become distracted and possibly screw something up. Also, multitasking is almost impossible, it seems more feasible to keep it to a physical interaction.

How did Sully even become lost in the first place? Why wouldn't they implant a homing beacon under his skin?

They said their bone structure was naturally occurring carbon fiber, would be hard to implant, and pointless if they approached the tree that disrupts all communications.

Pandora is a moon. This means it orbits a planet as that planet orbits a star. This would mean that sometimes Pandora is close to the star (when it is between the planet and the star) and sometimes it is far away (when the planet is between it and the star). The slight tilt of the earth is responsible for the extreme temperature difference between summer and winter, often over 100 degrees difference at the poles. Can you imagine the difference on temperature between a pandora winter and summer? It would probably be over a thousand degrees difference. How can life evolve in that extreme of condidtions? Especially such advanced life.

Well few things about this, I'm a huge space enthusiast, and advocate for future space travel, and I have to say theres a lot of problems with what you just said, not they you would have any reason to know this. Our moon only changes about 300 degrees Celsius from night to day, and thats with no atmosphere. If Pandora does orbit the planet, which it doesn't have to, i'll explain in a second, then as it orbits, that would be about the significance of night to day if it doesn't rotate, or rotates slowly, and if it does rotate then it would be the equivalence of seasons depending on the rotation, and speed of orbiting. But I'm more ready to believe that Pandora doesn't actually orbit the planet at all. As evidenced by the scene where Jake makes a fire, Pandora is a fair distance from the plant, and the amount of gravity from the planet may be enough to hold it in position without actually causing it to orbit. (Gravity is a weird thing, and is not completely understood by physicists, they know its there, but there not entirely sure why.) Also, lack of gravity also explains many things on Pandora, such as plant height, siz of the animals, and the floating mountains (which I will get to).

The whole toruk thing. It took sully all of two minutes to capture this flying dragon thing. Are you telling me that no one in their entire civilization could think to attack it from above?
I have more, but that's all of that for now.

You saved yourself on this one.

Alt, good point about the turok thing. I would also add (arguing against myself now but whatever) that the na'vi didn't really need to tame turok. Their own min-dragon things worked perfectly well for hunting, and toruk might not have been nimble enough to be effective. Afterall, Sully was able to escape from Toruk by flying into the forest. Toruk is only advantageous during war, which the na'vi didn't seem to have too much of.

On the other hand, it is ridiculous that human charisma would have such a profound effect on an aliens. But in Cameron's world it does, so I can't really argue about it.

It's not that his charisma has all that much affect, its more his lack of I think. Their interested in him because he makes it evident that he isn't the best or the brightest, but hes ready to learn, he doesn't think he knows better then them about everything.

But sometimes the 3D kind of failed. Like when the camera would go soft focus on something in the foreground. This looks good in 2D, but it 3D it is just awkward.

Not sure about that, I saw it in Imax, but in my opinion 3D always looks off.

The foating mountain thing is obviously impossible, but it looks cool and creates a sense of danger that makes the movie more enjoyable.

I actually thought a long time about this. I may have come to a reasonable conclusion. If these mountains hold large amounts of unobtainium, and then something such as a meteor strikes Pandora, transferring the energy into the ground it crashed into, it could cause the unobtanium to store vast amounts of energy that could either create a magnetic field repelling against the natural field of Pandora (if it has one, this is all guesswork so I'm doing the best I can) causing tit to levitate to a certain height depending on the amount of energy stored. Or, the energy could disrupt the atmosphere in a way that causes it to reduce the gravity around it. I'm more of a fan of the first option.

you could have detonated the nuke in the atmosphere, killing the natives with radiation poisoning.

as well as all of your miners

And, no, they were not in an area that blocked communication when sully became lost. He had a walkie talkie in his backpack (which he dropped).

Well he did jump into a waterfall, which transported him closer to the tree, while also possible short-circuiting most things electronic.

At the end of the movie, the Colonel puts his gas mask on while still in the robot suit. Logically, the actions needed to put on the gas mask would have caused the robot to hit itself in the face (the colonel was still wearing the controller hands).

Theres a button the deactivates the suit into a standard position, watch it closely you can clearly see him press it before and after to re-engage.

One of the first lines of the movie was "You're not in Kansas anymore." It was said by the commander guy to the new recruits on pandora. First of all, how cliche. Secondly, this movie is supposed to be set 150 years in the future, by which time the Wizard of Oz will be 200 years old. Are you telling me people will still get this reference?

it will go down in history and most likely be studied as one of the earliest black and white-to color movies released. Also, everyones shows things to their kids, I mean you know what Dantes Inferno/Divine comedy, Beowulf, and similar books are right?

@Aknerd: Harhar, you wasted your money!! Go watch National geographic.
Yes, I am high on this movie, and am probably going to waste my money to watch it a second time, thus not getting anything to eat, but that is just how stupid I am.

Lol, I saw it twice two, liked 2d enough to go see it in Imax.

At the end of the movie, how did the Na'vi win? Its not like the humans are just going to back down. They "won" a battle, not the war. Again: nukes from space. And, as Sully said, they couldn't possibly win a fight outside of that protected area. Which also raises the question, why did the humans attack when the na'vi were hidden? Obviously they could just wait until they starved and had to come out. Or just use NUKES FROM SPACE.

This is called a cliffhanger ending and it opens up the way for this thing called a sequel. Cameron himself said Avatar would be at least a trilogy.

True dat.

And it isn't like the movie gives any useful advice. Plugging my hair into a tree isn't going to stop global warming or save the rainforests.

Seriously, this isn't an effing documentary.

Nor would I have gone to seen it if it was.

And to your 'NUKE' plan...I just want to point out that these weren't the actual marines, they are mercenaries.

Actually they were marines, they just became like mercenaries on Pandora, because there taking orders for the government, but working for the corporation.

It was really fun, especially the fact that I learned that many other people disliked avatar for similar reasons. In fact, no one I know in real life enjoyed this movie. After a while, however, we had to get back conservatism and stuff. Therefore, I posted a similar topic on here in hopes that I could continue the conversation.

Well those people don't sound like any fun at all...not Judging, just saying...lol

7) It has to choose you. Seems you're paying attention to the very minor details that don't really matter and missing the important ones.

Neytiri: "Now you must choose your Ikran. For this, you must feel inside. If he also chooses you, move quick like I showed you. You will have one chance Jake."

Jake: "How will I know if he chooses me?"

Neytiri: "He will try to kill you."

Jake: "Outstanding."

Remember Toruk attacking Jake while he and Neytiri were flying on the Ikran? Toruk chose him.

Damn, you went all out with the quotes there...lol

haha, never really noticed the gas mask flaw in robot suit and the explosions on a poisonous planet.

that explosion rant part reminded me of star wars's explosions in space. :P

Actually, explosions in space, as well as noise can be possible through the release of the oxygen/gases inside the ship.

This only makes sense if there was also (originally) a significant quantity of Unobtanium on Earth. Otherwise, how did they get to Pandora in the first place?

Slow travel using more conventional means. Most likely they sent out a satellite that recognized the planet as possibly habitable, probed it and found there to be life. left on a science mission using slow means of travel taking possibly 50-100 years, not a big deal in chryostasis. (<--- Idk how to spell it...lol) Then once there, they discovered unobtanium, and its weird energy storing, conducting capabilities, and realised they could use it as a power source, sending it back to earth, and allowing more people to come to pandora in about 6 years, possibly cutting off 95% of the original mission.

Avatar... cats meet the Blue Man Group.

What I don't get is that bullet-proof glass doesn't stop arrows and bullets. That fight sence bugged me.

Lol, and it did stop bullets/arrows until they added the extra speed of flying or falling down toward the window.

Why did the humans need unobtainium in the first place? By your logic, the only reason the humans bothered mining unobtainium and building spaceships that ran on it was so that they could (hopefully) find more unobtainium before their own supplies ran out. I realize they were traveling from a dying world without any plant life, but its not like they were colonizing or bringing back plants from pandora.

I believe that they went there to colonize, and bring back plants from Pandora before the corporation moved in when they discovered unobtanium. Which would explain why the science sector, and the business sector are so at odds with each other.

Additionally, if unobtainium wasessential to human survival, then wouldn't they be justified in their assault of Pandora? In this case, the na'vi would actually be denying the humans something they desperatly needed. Its not like they were using unobtainium or had any plans to.

Exactly, but Jake kind of screwed up with that one video when he was frustrated saying that they would never move before actually telling them what he was there for. Also the colonel was so ready for war that he would say and do just about anything to initiate it.

I haven't seen it yet. But I really don't think I want too.

Rent it or something, its definitely worth seeing.

Maybe they used another energy source that was weaker or something.
Use you're imagination and stop adressing issues that are easily right there in front of you.

Exactly

Not mentioning the Lord of the Rings plot, there completely uncomparable.

[/quote]Unobtanium isn't a complex backstory to explain. It would have taken 5 mins to do. They should have done it, end of.

The movie was long enough as is, and tossing in a part about unobtanium may have just not fit into to the plot very well, it would be hard to initialize, I guess a flashback or something. Originally there was a part about earth being a dying world, but it just made it entirely to long, they filmed it so I'm still hoping for an extended edition.

[quote]Personally, I think the story's just a rehashing of a thousand other movies, but with smurfs. And the whole "unobtainium" thing is retarded.

Your retarded...

When the human leader took an arrow, his blood was red. Blood becomes red when oxygenated, otherwise its blue. Since the blood was red, it either was already carrying oxygen away from the heart or is oxygenated by the air. Though poisoned air would have worked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Bloods not blue...lol...it looks blue through the skin as it causes a weird translucent effect. But I can see you realized your mistake, so I wont make fun of you anymore...lol

Just because veins are blue (green in my case) doesn't mean that the blood is the same color...

Arteries are what usually travels along the surface of the skin and appear blue, but whatever.

i had one huge rant on how wrong that was but had a spontaneous internet failure.... ugh.

Yeah hoping I don't lose this now I'd be pissed, been writing for bout 2 hours.

Well hope I cleared some things up. I tried at least, and I hope someone actually still views this page cause I put a lot of work into that...lol

This was my first post, so I hope I did the quotations right.
Remembrance
Remembrance
4 posts
Nomad

Wow, that is a hell of a long post, looks like I did everything right up until the end, I must have added an extra quote thing in there, night surprised with as many pieces as I quoted.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Dude are you serious?

1) You must be born on the planet to breath within that planets atmosphere this well known within modern day science.

2) People remember motzart and betoven dont they? also its (history) and people enjoy reading about it.

3) This is a private mining company not a government so they cannot afford to bring a massive army, and also it takes 2 years to get there so imagen the costs. plus they wernt expecting to fight on such a large scale.

4) once again its a mining company and it takes 2 years to get there.

5) & 6) its a movie get over it.

7) Only the chosen one could capture it and no one had completed the profecy.

i would like to see you make a movie.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

You all seem to miss one point.
Looks like the life on Pandora is based on hexapod form; all the lesser lifeforms have 6 limbs, which makes sense, in a jungle planet.
How comes then, the sentient lifeform only has 4 limbs? Itis clearly not a specie of that planet, because it would have evoluted from a 4 limbs ancestor. And since they are far less effective survivors against the hexapods they wouldn't have evoluted. The na'vi should have 6 limbs.

Remembrance
Remembrance
4 posts
Nomad

Dude are you serious?

1) You must be born on the planet to breath within that planets atmosphere this well known within modern day science.

2) People remember motzart and betoven dont they? also its (history) and people enjoy reading about it.

3) This is a private mining company not a government so they cannot afford to bring a massive army, and also it takes 2 years to get there so imagen the costs. plus they wernt expecting to fight on such a large scale.

4) once again its a mining company and it takes 2 years to get there.

5) & 6) its a movie get over it.

7) Only the chosen one could capture it and no one had completed the profecy.

i would like to see you make a movie.

I don't know who your talking to...lol. But it's funny that me responding 15 days after the last post got two more comments in less then 12 hours.
Noremak0
Noremak0
67 posts
Nomad

Avatar is pathetic. Honestly, it looks cool, explosions and all, but James Cameron blatantly saying "I am an eco-terrorist" and the fact that it's a tree-hugger movie just kills the whole thing. By the way, pollution is not a problem. And plants make up only a small portion of our oxygen.

Go green? Nah, I say nuke the forest!

Remembrance
Remembrance
4 posts
Nomad

Avatar is pathetic. Honestly, it looks cool, explosions and all, but James Cameron blatantly saying "I am an eco-terrorist" and the fact that it's a tree-hugger movie just kills the whole thing. By the way, pollution is not a problem. And plants make up only a small portion of our oxygen.

Go green? Nah, I say nuke the forest!

Well your just loads of fun aren't you.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

By the way, pollution is not a problem. And plants make up only a small portion of our oxygen.

LOL?
Pollution is not a problem?
Here's some types of pollution for you:

Air pollution: Air pollution is responsible for major health effects. Every year, the health of countless people is ruined or endangered by air pollution.

Many different chemicals in the air affect the human body in negative ways. Just how sick people will get depends on what chemicals they are exposed to, in what concentrations, and for how long.

Studies have estimated that the number of people killed annually in the US alone could be over 50,000.

Older people are highly vulnerable to diseases induced by air pollution. Those with heart or lung disorders are under additional risk. Children and infants are also at serious risk.

Because people are exposed to so many potentially dangerous pollutants, it is often hard to know exactly which pollutants are responsible for causing sickness. Also, because a mixture of different pollutants can intensify sickness, it is often difficult to isolate those pollutants that are at fault.

Many diseases could be caused by air pollution without their becoming apparent for a long time. Diseases such as bronchitis, lung cancer, and heart disease may all eventually appear in people exposed to air pollution.

Air pollutants such as ozone, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxide also have harmful effects on natural ecosystems. They can kill plants and trees by destroying their leaves, and can kill animals, especially fish in highly polluted rivers.

Water pollution: The effects of water pollution are varied and depend on what chemicals are dumped and in what locations.

Boston Harbor is a strong example of how badly pollution can damage bodies of water. The water is filled with toxic waste and sewage, and routinely receives more waste when rainfall pushes it into the harbor.

Many bodies of water near urban areas are highly polluted. This is the result of both garbage dumped by individuals and dangerous chemicals legally or illegally dumped by industries.

The main problem caused by water pollution is that it kills life that inhabits water-based ecosystems. Dead fish, birds, dolphins, and many other animals often wind up on beaches, killed by pollutants in their habitat.

Pollution disrupts the natural food chain as well. Pollutants such as lead and cadmium are eaten by tiny animals. Later, these animals are consumed by fish and shellfish, and the food chain continues to be disrupted at all higher levels.

Eventually, humans are affected by this process as well. People can get diseases such as hepatitis by eating seafood that has been poisoned.

Ecosystems can be severely changed or destroyed by water pollution. Many areas are now being affected by careless human pollution, and this pollution is coming back to hurt humans.

Contaminated land and pollution of groundwater: Contaminated or polluted soil directly affects human health through direct contact with soil or via inhalation of soil contaminants which have vaporized; potentially greater threats are posed by the infiltration of soil contamination into groundwater aquifers used for human consumption, sometimes in areas apparently far removed from any apparent source of above ground contamination.

Health consequences from exposure to soil contamination vary greatly depending on pollutant type, pathway of attack and vulnerability of the exposed population. Chronic exposure to chromium, lead and other metals, petroleum, solvents, and many pesticide and herbicide formulations can be carcinogenic, can cause congenital disorders, or can cause other chronic health conditions. Industrial or man-made concentrations of naturally-occurring substances, such as nitrate and ammonia associated with livestock manure from agricultural operations, have also been identified as health hazards in soil and groundwater.

Chronic exposure to benzene at sufficient concentrations is known to be associated with higher incidence of leukemia. Mercury and cyclodienes are known to induce higher incidences of kidney damage, some irreversible. PCBs and cyclodienes are linked to liver toxicity. Organophosphates and carbamates can induce a chain of responses leading to neuromuscular blockage. Many chlorinated solvents induce liver changes, kidney changes and depression of the central nervous system. There is an entire spectrum of further health effects such as headache, nausea, fatigue, eye irritation and skin rash for the above cited and other chemicals. At sufficient dosages a large number of soil contaminants can cause death by exposure via direct contact, inhalation or ingestion of contaminants in groundwater contaminated through soil.

And there are a few more types of pollution too, info taken from various sites.
Wiki and some library quest one xD

But as you can see, those aren't even close to ALL the effects pollution has.
Some I've taken just human effects others environmental effects.
Go read up on it before you talk sh*t
CrimsonRose
CrimsonRose
75 posts
Nomad

I personally enjoyed Avatar.

I thought that the graphics were really good, and that was pretty much the entire movie's enjoyment.
The plot wasn't that great, though.
I did think it was interesting how their minds were moved into another body.
Isn't that why it's called Avatar? Online, your avatar is like your other self in a separate world. Interesting title.

Djkgb
Djkgb
677 posts
Peasant

Everyone has a opinion. I loved the movie, not so much titanic though.

TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

Good/Bad?

I am not sure. It is very good, although...

Pros:

Groundbeaking Graphics
A lot of Action
A just good Fantasy movie

Cons:

This is not science fiction
This is fantasy
Many logical flaws, one-sided.

Pretty Much:

Orginality:

5/10

Graphics:

7/10

Plot:

5/10

It is very average.

Lizzy123
Lizzy123
113 posts
Nomad

I didn't like the story either, but it did have great special effects.

Showing 61-75 of 80