ForumsThe Tavern[old] How do you make your money?

52 9826
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

If you have a job say where you work, what you do at work, and how much do you make. If you do something like cut the lawn in front of your house for $10 a week thats ok to. So how do you make your money?

• 52 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

The government also pays me to not farm alfalfa. Its really hard though. Every morning I have to wake up at the crack of noon and make sure no alfalfa grows. It helps that I live in the middle of a city, but every now and then my neighbor tries to grow something. I have to poison her garden just in case she tries to grow alfalfa and the government thinks I did it. Its better to be safe.

I just got a job in microbiology a few minutes ago, as well as a masters degree. Maybe I could kill all of the alfalfa in the state with some bacteriums. For a modest fee, of course.

I make 50k a year.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I just got a job in microbiology a few minutes ago, as well as a masters degree. Maybe I could kill all of the alfalfa in the state with some bacteriums. For a modest fee, of course.

Well, that's very thoughtful of you, Orion! But I think that if the governemnt found out that you were the one not growing alfalfa, I would get in trouble. I'm the one who's supposed to not grow alfalfa. Hmmm... maybe if you carried around a potted alfalfa plant...
This will take some planning.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm... maybe if you carried around a potted alfalfa plant...

Is it worth losing your job?
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

No, I'll steal an alfalfa farm, and say I grow it, but give you the bacterium.

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

I got a job at a company, which pays me a sum of money for my services. While working, I am engaged in activities, and while not working, I am still engaged in activities...

For cereal, though, I make $23 an hour (just got a promotion last week) working as a Java/C/C++/C# Programs Manager.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Is it worth losing your job?

No no, orion would carry the plant. That way, when the government agents ask him if he isn't growing alfalfa, he could just point to the plant.
No, I'll steal an alfalfa farm, and say I grow it, but give you the bacterium.

Steal a farm? That's more ridiculous than a rhinoceros. It would hardly fit into a getaway car. And anyway, I don't think that poisoning my entire state would be such a good idea. If you did that, wouldn't everyone in my state be able to get government money for not growing alfalfa? And I don't have the time right now to deal with competition. My friend, Joe, gets paid by the government to not grow corn, and he got the swine flu last week (he also gets paid to not raise pigs). So now I have to cover for him and not grow corn or raise pigs while not growing alfalfa. Do you have any idea how hard it is to not do three things at once? I'm only one person; I can only not do so much.
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

I'm only one person; I can only not do so much.

And yet somehow you still seem to find the time to purchase four cent plumb tomatoes for five cents in order to make a three and a half cent profit. You never cease to amaze (and confuse) me.
dimismx
dimismx
169 posts
Nomad

I used to work at IKEA but i stopped cause i had to finish my military service.Now,i'm in university and i can't work cause i have to study..

joao99
joao99
350 posts
Shepherd

OMG sorry for that useless reply...I made a mistake.

How do you make your money?

I print my money in the basement lol...just kidding I'm a student so I dont really earn/make money...I only get it from my parents.
pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I don't get paid at all. I earn money during Christmas and birthdays.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

And yet somehow you still seem to find the time to purchase four cent plumb tomatoes for five cents in order to make a three and a half cent profit.

Well, I was trained by the great Milo Minderbinder, the Mayor of Palermo and Caliph of Baghdad.
That being said, would you like to purchase some egyptian cotton?
DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

That being said, would you like to purchase some egyptian cotton?

No, not particularly. Also, I'm not so sure that chocolate you gave us last night is agreeing with me. What exactly did you put in it?
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I don't have a real job, but I mostly do yard work for my neighbors.

134 posts
Nomad

Im a minor so i really dont care!!!! Yay

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Well, If you count doing good in school and getting cash from my parents for getting high grades, then i guess that's how i earn my money... But no, I don't really have a job... Plus no lawns really need any trimming in the Philippines.

Showing 16-30 of 52