ForumsGamesZombie Survival

19 5367
Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

Hey guys! I am currently looking for nice ideas for a new game. I really like zombie games and top-view shooters. I know its not original, but I will probably make a zombie survival shooter. My main idea would be continuous time.

- You where fleeing your city (full of zombies) and your helicopter crashed in a deserted area. Your only shelter is an old shack, and you have to survive for as long as possible.

- In the day, you have to walk around and explore. You have to find pieces of metal, tools, food, etc. In the night, you come home, build some upgrades for you base and try to go to sleep. When the night falls, all the zombies attack your base and you can't really control anything. The key of the game is to upgrade your base enough to survive the next night.

- As the game progresses, the ressources near your base are more rare, so you have to venture further in the wild and you will meet more zombies. You can't really fight many zombies without your base, so you have to find or build better weapons to explore more.

The goal of the game is to stay alive the longest possible.

• 19 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Sounds nice Louissi! Maybe if you would introduce a vehicle found at a considerable distance from the shack (you have to do something to deserve it...) to move from the shack to the next place, say an abandoned gas station?

And maybe introduce some fellow survivors who will accompagny you on your quests, but... you WILL have to look out for them or they will be killed! (adding an extra difficulty to the game)

How about these ideas? Let me know what you think! =D

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Hi Louissi! i'm a big fan so i'll give you some idea's for your game!!

How about a sort of RPG character attirbute point system to level up and stuff! Oh, and whatever you do, don't make the zombies green. That is Old Skool and plain thesedays.

you have to walk around and explore

How about a sprint system? but it uses energy, and energy has to recharge or something??

find or build better weapons

Yay! Building weapons!! This is gonna be fun.

As the game progresses, the ressources near your base are more rare, so you have to venture further in the wild and you will meet more zombies.

And maybe the zombies get faster/ stronger? Or perhaps even boss zombies!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

How about a sort of RPG character attirbute point system to level up and stuff! Oh, and whatever you do, don't make the zombies green. That is Old Skool and plain thesedays.

I agree, green is a colour used for zombies in the 70's movies and we all know flesh turn grey (decay) and blue (blood underneath) so those are the preferred colours to mix on a zombie body! =)

And maybe the zombies get faster/ stronger? Or perhaps even boss zombies!

Like the one in the latest 'Land Of The Dead' by George Romero? That would be nice!
Zombies evolve just like humans and therefor a 'leader zombie' would be a real option!
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Zombies blood is blue? i thought it was ' darker red then usaul ' blood.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

you can make a story mode, where you can finish the game. and then there should also be a survival mode, where you should survive as long as posible.

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

I guess a story mode could be great, with day-by-day events. But its more complicated to code a story mode. Ill see what I can do.

I won't make the zombies green for sure, except if I make the graphics a little retro.

Addind survivors could be nice, but again, it gets way more complicated with survivors.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

But its more complicated to code a story mode

I know what you mean, i'm trying to mode a game using ActionScript 2.0 and i can imagine that it would be extremely hard!
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

some achivements could be fun to have.

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

Yeah, if I make that game ill sure include achievements and stats.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Looks very promissing so far! But will you make the game? :/

Last post reveals you're still wondering wether you should do it or not...

001kevin
001kevin
10 posts
Nomad

nice i hope u make the game

Austinn
Austinn
278 posts
Nomad

if its possible ONLINE PLAY PLOX

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I think you should do it I love zombie games, and so do other people.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Maybe make it a bit diffrent story. Like you are the only zombie and you are hunted. Then you go to helikopter and flee from the city, and then your helikopter crash and then you need to survive as long as posible. This way it will be more original.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

That would suck. Zombies can't drive helicopters... THEY HAVE NO BRAIN!!! well they do but they don't use it cause it's infected with a virus blah blah blah i'm sure you already know what a zombie is.

Showing 1-15 of 19