ForumsWEPRAbout the olympics in Vancouver

101 16504
heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

wgat do u think will happen in Canada. which countries or persons will win . talk about it here cuz i wanna know every ones opinion

BTW GO SWEDEN/NORWAY

• 101 Replies
heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

yea i think google did that to honor him . yea i am fast cuz i like this topic , there is so much to talk about

i fell asleep before the cermony cux there is like 9 or 8 hours in time different from canada to sweden xD i heard it was rlly long

heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

who lit the fire !! was it a celebrety or someone else XD

heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

am i the only one interested in the olympics .... the topic is barely moving forward

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

am i the only one interested in the olympics

Yes, but there are also multiple topics about the olympics, and most people are talking about the dead luge guy in a different topic.

I personally don't care for the winter olympics. I stated on the second page (?) why.
heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

yea the guy in the luge was sad ... but why dont look on the bright side(if there is one) and look forward to the hockey and all that stuff !

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

We should all change our flags to Georgia in honor of him

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

I already did change my flag.

cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

china is definitly going to win some medals! For sure

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Yeah. There was a lot of countries that hadn't won any medals ever, and a lot that had only one athlete!

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Does this remind anyone of the deaths at the German Olympics???

The terrorist attack of '72? A guy accidentally crashing into a pole is a lot different than an entire team being taken hostage and killed.
CB4
CB4
86 posts
Nomad

Canada is actually looking to do pretty well, SI predicts we'll come second over all

heggemo
heggemo
108 posts
Nomad

haha yea u are right green :P x'D

i hope some random team can take a win this year .. i think it looks so actually cuz there is very diffrent countries in the olympics right now

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Italy just won a bronze medal in Nordic combined.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Being Australian, I'm holding out for another Bradbury rofl.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Steven Bradbury is a god. He won the 1,000 m Gold Medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics after all of his opponents were involved in a last corner pile-up.
In an interview after the race he said:
I was the oldest bloke in the field and I knew that, skating four races back to back, I wasn't going to have any petrol left in the tank. So there was no point in getting there and mixing it up because I was going to be in last place anyway. So (I figured) I might as well stay out of the way and be in last place and hope that some people get tangled up.

The 2002 speed Skating finals.

Showing 31-45 of 101