ForumsWEPRFavorite Bible quotes.

24 7553
turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Everyone. Have a really good Bible quote? Never got in the right situation to use it? Haha. No religious debates. Thanks.

"Oh Lord, you are the lamp for my feet and the light for my path, O' Lord"

• 24 Replies
Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

At any rate my favorite bible quote would be: Proverbs 26 "Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool."

austinc
austinc
86 posts
Nomad

Got who? Well I have never actually finished the whole bible, but I wish to soon. I have stopped or been stopped so many times.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Awesome. I like the ones about work. The ones where its like "work hard if ur gonna work at all or wateger" i dont no how they frazzed but i like those.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

I have never really started reading it. I really want to. Incase a friend needs help or I need inspiration to finish something.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Psalm 74:22-23
"Rise up, O God, and defend your cause;
remember how fools mock you all day long.
Do not ignore the clamor of your adversaries,
the uproar of your enemies, which rises continually."
Actually, Psalm 74 in general... but the end of it's the best part.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Deuteronomy 13(6-10) on dealing with non-believers:

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
"Thine hand shall be first upon him."
If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou shalt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death." If Bible-believers followed this one, they would have to kill many of their own family and friends.
How should nonbelievers be treated?
What the Bible says about non-Christians, stoning, and religious tolerance

When to Stone Your Whole Family
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Answer not a fool according to his folly,
lest you be like him yourself.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Proverbs 26:4-5

I prefer this for on its own it stands complete. Many of the Psalms are taken as incitement to the kinds of self-righteousness displayed by the Pharisees.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

the new testament doesn't have verses like the old testament does it??

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

An eye for an eye.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult (Proverbs 12:16).

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Those who are without sin, may cast the first stone ( i forget where it is from, but it is when jesus writes in the sand)

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

"An eye for an eye makes us all blind."

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Turkish, is that actually a Bible quote? I thought that was something Ghandi said.

SoldierOfDeath
SoldierOfDeath
35 posts
Nomad

Alma 40:12
And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of ahappiness, which is called bparadise, a state of rest, a state of cpeace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.

Alma 40:13 & 14
13 And then shall it come to pass, that the aspirits of the wicked, yea, who are evilâ"for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the bdevil did enter into them, and take possession of their houseâ"and these shall be cast out into outer cdarkness; there shall be dweeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
14 Now this is the state of the asouls of the bwicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, cfearful looking for the fiery dindignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this estate, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Does this really belong here I think it should be moved to the tavern.

Showing 1-15 of 24