ForumsThe TavernRelationship help-PLEASE HELP ME!!

56 8877
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

This might sound stupid, but the situation is that I fell in love with a girl that is a year older than me, and is one of my best friends. I just need some help on how I should approach her, or if I should at all. I am going to a party with her tomorrow, and hang out with her and go places a lot. She might want to just be friends, and she is a realy good friend, so I don't want to ruin that. We like a lot of the same things, and, again, we hang out a lot. Sometimes she seams like one of the guys, she plays tackle football, likes to fight, and is fun to be around. We have been friends for about 8 months, and I found my love for her gradualy, so it can't be lust. I need any advice anyone can give me so please help! If you have questions, just ask, and please, no spam!

• 56 Replies
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

She dosent appear interested in anyone, and we are in high scool.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Well, you've got to get the balls to tell her. It's always better to be honest about how you feel. You only live once.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

If you only live once and ruin a great friendship, than whats the point? I have seen her in a relationship, and I couldn't bear to hurt her, and I think she only likes me as a friend. You see I have never been on a date before(LOLOLOL) because of my controling parents. This will be the frist time they will have let me.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

lol, yeah. If she likes hanging out with you as much as you say she does, that wouldn't be surprising at all.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

...kids actually go on dates these days? Wow. I never have.

Dates put a lot of pressure to act..I dunno. Good? If you already have known her for a while, there is no need to try and get to know her, which really is the whole point of a date. Go to the motion pictures or something. Hang out at a local spot. Something along those lines.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Well, don't get on your knees and proclaim your undying love for her. Just tell her you think you might like her. Take it slowly. If she says she doesn't feel the same way, just shrug it off and continue were you left off. If she's as cool as you say she is, she wouldn't just stop being your friend.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

In my opinion, a date is a attempt to get to know them on a deeper level- not sexualy, but emotionaly and mentaly.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I'll tell you this, girls always know when boys like them. You might think she doesn't, but I bet she does. I wouldn't talk to her about it just yet. I suggest that at the party try to create a nice moment that might allow you to get a little comfy with her. Start out slow, try grabbing her hand and see how she responds to that. If she is skiddish about it, then back off. If she enjoys it you might could steal a kiss. Just go from there.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

like, totally dude. u gotta choose where you wanna go with this chick man. u wanna be her friend? or u wanna date her? (PS: dates usually wind up with sum1 gettin dumped, an then u wont rly be friends after) its like sayin, wud ya want to win a million bucks a week for yer lifetime, or like a trillion, all in one, but know it wd be gone in a year or so. just check yer horoscope if yer unsure man

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Devoidless wrote:

...kids actually go on dates these days? Wow. I never have.

Dude. That pretty much told me which age group you're in. Hint: when it comes to gaming forum demographics, it's the group with a pretty friggen big range!

Asherlee: if my hunches are right, seduction is not the way to go where Itachi comes from :P The hand-holding, however, is a nice idea.

Itachi: I have this to say to you- be a man, and be honest with yourself. If you can do this, then you can be honest with her, for better or for worse. That is living.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

My way that always works -

BE POLITE!!!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

*cue a hundred-thousand shoujo with female characters that say "Oh I wish he could be a little more assertive!"*

lol

But yeah, it can't hurt to be polite. Polite, as opposed to timid.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

I'll tell you this, girls always know when boys like them.

If that were true, no guy would ever be put into the 'friend zone'.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I am a timid(see: shy) person, and am not going to throw myself on her and"steal a kiss". I like her, and I am not going to start groping her. I perfer the polite method, so far, but keep ideas coming, because I have been polite the whole time.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Take it slow, try holding her hand like Asherlee said, but don't go for a kiss quite yet. Maybe see if she wants to dance, if it's that kind of party. It also couldn't hurt to ask her out to dinner.

Showing 1-15 of 56