ForumsThe Tavern[necro] What language would you like to learn?

196 29398
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Yes, I know...Langeage is spelled wrong. But yeah pretty self explanatory, just post a langeage that you'd like to learn.

As for me, I'd like to learn German.

• 196 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would like to learn to speak Chinese

Mandarin or Cantonese? I'd recommend Mandarin, because it's the most commonly spoken language in the world, and most Chinese restaurant owners speak it, so it's usually the one you want to know when you order Chinese food.

But, there is no such language as "Chinese".

I think Italian would be fun to speak. It has such a great rhythm to it, and since I already know some Spanish, I'm sure I could learn Italian pretty quickly...
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

English! The one i learn now!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd probably want to talk Japanese or Spanish, they're both pretty commonly spoken. I'd like to know Korean as well though, but it's not available where I am anyways.

Aether
Aether
101 posts
Shepherd

japanese, and i'm succeding, yay!

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I'd recommend Mandarin, because it's the most commonly spoken language in the world, and most Chinese restaurant owners speak it, so it's usually the one you want to know when you order Chinese food.

Seeing as a fifth of the world lives in China, that's not surprising.

I want to learn German and Russian, then Mandarin and Spanish, in that order. Hopefully I can. Seeing as by learning those four languages, and can at least understand pretty much half the planet, and would make me be more than capable of completely confusing anyone, I would like to learn them.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I would like to learn Portuguese, I find it very interesting and useful.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Well, with just English(not only the language of the international airways, but spoken in many if not most countries), Mandarin(most spoken) , and Spanish(second most), you could go pretty much anywhere.

Russian might help with the Middle East, as many of those countries were part of the USSR, or had some kind of arms deal with Russia, but I would be careful speaking it there, as there is quite a bit of animosity toward them.

I agree that Portuguese is interesting, because I have a Brazilian exchange student in two of my classes, and he talks in Portuguese to impress some of the girls who are caught up on him.

It's a really nice sounding language.

Evilginger
Evilginger
159 posts
Nomad

Theres this awesome language in Africa where a tribe talks in click sound.I know its not a language but I want to learn it anyway!!!

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

I think it's called Bantu. I remember when there was a Google Translate option for it.

Right click, low tongue click, left low cheek click...

XSilentPhantomX
XSilentPhantomX
715 posts
Nomad

I'd like to learn Spanish, kinda epic innit?

Evilginger
Evilginger
159 posts
Nomad

I think it's called Bantu. I remember when there was a Google Translate option for it.

Right click, low tongue click, left low cheek click...

Cool I'll search it,thanks.

I'd like to learn Spanish, kinda epic innit?

Ohh no...
zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

really i think just knowing the one that you grow up with is hard enough lol no but i know allot of little things in other languages and i would really love to know more french and or dutch

brooma
brooma
42 posts
Nomad

im learning japanese because im going there soon =)

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

I wanna learn Japanese. I need to if im gonna be a famous manga/anime artist.

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

I would like to learn ActionScript 3.0. One of the hardest languages ever. For me. Lol

Showing 31-45 of 196