ForumsThe Tavern[necro] What language would you like to learn?

196 29409
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Yes, I know...Langeage is spelled wrong. But yeah pretty self explanatory, just post a langeage that you'd like to learn.

As for me, I'd like to learn German.

• 196 Replies
Azevse
Azevse
26 posts
Shepherd

Iam from croatia, that is so hard language...
Ive would like to learn Italian or Spain!!
I know that that languages are not so easy but it seems to me that they are fun!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Ive would like to learn Italian or Spain!!
I know that that languages are not so easy but it seems to me that they are fun!!

Actually, if you can learn English, Spanish is not difficult at all to learn. Unlike English, Spanish follows simple guidelines. I've never tried to learn Italian, but it's related to Spanish, so once you learn one, it shouldn't be too difficult to learn the other.
Armoedzaaier
Armoedzaaier
8 posts
Nomad

Spanish, because a lot of people speak it, so I guess it could be really helpful to learn Spanish
Also, Swedish, it's kinda like Dutch (my native language) so it shouldn't be too hard to learn (that is, if I'd have some time to learn it - i.e. if I wouldn't 'waste' all that time playing on ArmorGames )
I'd also like to learn something like Arabic or Russian, because they've got other alphabets (they aren't Germanic languages) and also because it'd be cool to be able to speak with all the foreigners where I live

Armoedzaaier
Armoedzaaier
8 posts
Nomad

I wonder, are kids in America obligated to learn other languages?

Because here in Belgium, we have to learn French (it's Belgium's second laguage; I started learning it when I was 9 years old).
We also learn English. And during a year or two, I got some lessons on German, but that language is just 'scheisse' and waaaay too difficult (although it resembles Dutch a lot - but that's not an easy language either )

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

I would personally like to learn Dutch and Croatian or maybe the two.

I wonder, are kids in America obligated to learn other languages?

I think American children have to learn at least some Spanish as part of their curriculum but I am not sure.

(although it resembles Dutch a lot

Well, as far as I am concerned Dutch is very similar to Old English (which existed in around 800AD) which would make sense because Old English was also extremely influenced by German languages so if Dutch has not evolved from that stage both languages are very similar to German. However, Old English is obsolete and very few people can speak the language.
Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

I would like to learn Japanese. I love anime, Japanese traditions and culture. I would like to live in Japan.
Hawaiian is very cool, too. it is very interesting and a few of people can speak in Hawaiian.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

spanish primarily because it is the second most common language in the United States

1,855 posts
Nomad

I think American children have to learn at least some Spanish as part of their curriculum but I am not sure.

Yeah, you have to learn some spanish in high school i think
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I'd like to learn French. It's sounds awesome. Bonjour

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Yeah, you have to learn some spanish in high school i think

Sorry for double post but in my area you're required to learn a 2nd language in high school. Any language as long it's not English, unless you aren't fluent in it.
1,855 posts
Nomad

i would love to learn german because i am german, i have heard it before and it is very beautiful, but many people think it is evil because of hitler and nazis, but i would like to prove them wrong

People who say that german is wrong just becayse of hitler and the nazis is just prejudice.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

People who say that german is wrong just becayse of hitler and the nazis is just prejudice.

there have been evil americans but people still speak english. so yeah your exactly right. just prejudice
shrimpster
shrimpster
4 posts
Nomad

I'd like to learn German,French and italian

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I would like to learn Spanish, French,and Italian.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

Hmm I would like to learn french. I'm in french class.

Showing 106-120 of 196