ForumsArt, Music, and WritingDraw that Pokemon! Theme: Snorlax (Page 84-5)

870 437113
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

HI HELLO HOW ARE YOU HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN THATS GOOD I HOPE THE REST OF YOUR DAY IS GOOD ETC ETC ETC

Welcome to the new Draw that Pokemon!

The old thread was getting quite long, and burdened by Estel decided to make it MS Paint only. We eventually made it all art programs, however it then made the title verrrryyy lonnngggg.

So, this is the brand new fresh clean wiped clear thread, with some ubertastic new rules (basically same as last time)!

Rules:

The pictures must be somehow related to the theme, which is a Pokemon, and must conist mainly of that one. Other pokemon can be included, however it will be the theme pokemon that will be judged.

The pictures must be appropriate, so no Pokefurryness or I herd yu liek mudkipz graphic references.

The prize at the end of each round will be to pick the theme of the next round. There will be no merit prize unless otherwise stated.

Any art program may be used.

Lineart is accepted, as long as it is clearly different to the original drawing. It may be helpful to link to the reference image. However, on this note, entries that are more original and different to the common poses may be likely to do better at judging. BE ORIGINAL!

Please do not copy the drawings of anyone else, as this is plaugerism and is ILLEGAL! If you do so you will be immediately disqualified and futher action may be taken by the Mods. However, if you believe that a picture is copied, please do not make a fuss of it in the thread - instead post a comment on either my profile, Cenere's or Zophia's (as they are the two moderators who frequent this contest most).

Please do not bug the judge about when the judging will be, as this is extremely annoying - and it will turn up eventually, but you must remember that judges do have lives...

If the winner of the previous contest does not post a new theme within FOUR days, then a new one will be chosen by the judge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Already Used Pokemon:

This is a list of all the pokemon which have been used in this contest before.

Mudkip (old old thread)
Pikachu
Psyduck
Poliwags
Gengar
Lugia
Turtwig
Meow
Electrode
Gloom
Oddish
Caterpie
Mareep
Charmeleon
Muk
Shelgon
Growthie
Marill
Furret
Quilava
Horsea
Swellow
Larvitar
Spheal
Teddiursa
Probopass
Sudowoodo
Moltres
Dratini
Squirtle Crossed with Charmander (Sideround)
Hithmonchan
Wynaut
Sandshrew
Ponyta

Old Thread

~~~~~~~~

Well, this first round of this new contest was chosen by the final winner of the last contest, Hectichermit.

So...

Theme: Mr. Mime
Deadline for Entries: Monday 3rd April

Happy Pokemoning!

(Oh and Estel, I stuck by this - AFTER YOU DITCHED IT. I was going to post the first one, but you got to it first...so nerrr)

• 870 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

It's pretty cool. Perspective is a little shaky, but particularly the eye and bubbles look good.

Seriously, while there are horrible pokemons out there, I think we have a good share of nice looking and fun to use new pokemons.
Cen thinks Sandile is one of these. Opinions differ.

Personally picking at your list, I can add in that I think Mienshao and Eelektross have rather ugly designs. The rest are either all right or cool to me, but those two are just ew.

Some of my own faves:
Dwebble
Tirtouga
Deerling
Joltik
Larvesta

... and all of their evolutions.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Yeah I wanted to add in joltik but couldn't remember the name. Also, isn't Lillypup just toooooooo cute :333333!!!!!!!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Cen's review service, since Cen does not have time nor motivation to further discuss the 5th generation, because Cen can't quite agree with Fallensky's tastes.

So.
It is a little sad you rushed the tail, and the shape in general. It makes it look a little wonky for those who take a good look at, and subtracts from the grace Milotics generally are known for. Especially the tail joint/where the fan meets the tail looks almost broken, or somewhat painful, and the fan in itself a bit broken up too.
The overall shape and pose looks good, and is perfect for this type of creature, as they have a natural flow. Diverting slightly from the base model on the head could only have strengthened this, but due to the shape and form of the pose, the base headform does not subtract from the drawing.
The eye looks spot on, perhaps a bit grumpy, but with the flow and energy already in the image, it looks quite fitting. The tail pattern looks quite well done as well, which is something to day, since it is pretty annoying to get to look good.
Shading and colouration looks quite fine, the shiny - texture you managed to put into it, even on the relatively short time you used, gives it a notch up, and the bubbled connect with the rest of both the creature, environment and, as mentioned, the shading.
All in all a good piece of work, though further refinement would improve it.

@Kacboy:
It looks like it is biting it's lower lip to suppress a giggled. Quite charming, though I have seen you do better both on lineart and colouring.

@Parrot:
That is not slight creepy at all. A bit of refinement on the black (the fill tool did not do such a good job), and perhaps a remake on the claws on the right side.
Possibly, if you were interested, a bit of shadow, but it is not really that necessary.

/and away

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Thanks Cenere, and let's never discuss 5th gen pokemons together again. I'm fairly pleased with your review considering the little time I had to do it, and I think all the points you put forth are keenly explained. Thanks for the trouble. I would have liked to take some more time to make a background and put in a lot more shading, but since the theme was over, I kind of got lazy.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is all fine, I guess....
Anyway, considering crap happening all around me, and now with this new "SUPAR IDEA LOLOLOL!" of the staff...
Yeah, my motivation for drawing kinda died before I could go do anything about the ideas I had.
So, monochrome Sandiles say ... whatever those say.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/sandiles.jpg

Yeah...

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

I have a rough sketch atm...I'm planning on scanning it in and attempting at a colored version, if all goes well it should be an amazing drawing...haha but I suck with shading with colors, so I'll try my best!
And cen, i love your sandile...but i'm curious is the one asleep with one eye open? or is it supposed to be like chillaxing but it's missing a pupil?

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

lol. Cen, yeah my submission was rather lazy wasn't it... I need to pick up my game if I actually want to win this contest again and compete with yours.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

@Cen

Looks way better when drawn by you. While the design by Ken sugimori looks awfully stupid, yours, on the contrary, makes him look particularly clever.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And cen, i love your sandile...but i'm curious is the one asleep with one eye open? or is it supposed to be like chillaxing but it's missing a pupil?

One eye is closed, the other is half closed. I know it is kinda hard to see, apparently I have a really light screen.
But chillaxing Sandile is chillaxing.

I need to pick up my game if I actually want to win this contest again and compete with yours.

I would be happy if I caused you to do your best, really.

Looks way better when drawn by you. While the design by Ken sugimori looks awfully stupid, yours, on the contrary, makes him look particularly clever.

I'm a fullblood pokenerd, I can pretty much imagine how they live, how they would be more realistic and in sync with the world and so on. Fairly fun to think about
I think it is the blank stare and the smile that makes 'im look a bit retarded...
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

I'm just too lazy to do a background. His feet are kind of meh.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee453/shewhomustnotbenamed3/sandile.png

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee453/shewhomustnotbenamed3/sandile.png

Woo, it looks like it is floaaating!

Great entry Cen!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

Woo, it looks like it is floaaating!

That was totally intentional... Well, I'm too lazy to change it now.
greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/14/85/24/17/wutang10.jpg

+(insert amount) for anyone who gets the reference.

ElfGift
ElfGift
7 posts
Shepherd

I love pokemon. I realy do. but I don't sckech. or color. or use Paint on the computer. what I do is use actual paint (I perfer acrilics, but water color is O.K. I suck at oil) on paper. I also am partial to oil pasteles. I did this great paintong of pekachu and Ninetails (sepretly) and I din't know how to scan them onto the computer, so they will never see the light of cyber-space

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

so my tablet and MyPaint are having a bit of a fight atm...they don't seem to want to work together...i have a sketched version...but, sigh i guess i'll just make that one look good and scan it

Showing 811-825 of 870