ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest

420 85343
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Spring is finally here! And with the change of the seasons, so arrives the Spring Armatar Contest!

You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of the Spring. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here. You can also check out a few select returning Spring armatars from 2009 in the 5AP section.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing great armatars =)

• 420 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The first one's awesome!

It's definitely be my armatar if it makes it; not so sure about the second one though. I need to get one in over the weekend..

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Ya.... the first one might make it but I have my doubts about the second. Did you use photoshop for the 1st one? CS3? CS4? Lens flare is always a pain in my version... but I'm probably doin' it wrong.

I used Gimp 2.2, that is if you were talking to me, otherwise Idk what he used.
The first one's awesome!

It's definitely be my armatar if it makes it; not so sure about the second one though. I need to get one in over the weekend..

Thank you samy, I will too, that is if it makes it.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Or do you choose all of them?

Not all of them are chosen (you can see more info. about it on the first page of this thread).

And in other news... the first ones are going up now. Yay!
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Wait, wasn't kingryan's bee in there last year or was that another season? I miss it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, wasn't kingryan's bee in there last year or was that another season? I miss it.

He requested that it not be featured this year.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

And in other news... the first ones are going up now. Yay!

Resisting urge to try an armatar and break the oath of keeping the one used forever... mmmph!!
Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

Yay! I love my new armatar! XD

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

Wait why is it in the 1AP section? Are these not good enough for 5APs? ;D

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

1ap is for new entries. 5ap is for returning artwork.

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

OH haha kk thanks

webkinzlover7654
webkinzlover7654
2,790 posts
Nomad

Yay! I love my new armatar! XD

Me too! This is my 8th armatar iv'e made, but my 1st to make it, so I'm VERY happy!!
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Aww... Tear of Spring didn't enter the set.
I won't participate in this... dung anymore.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Finally! Wooooooooooo! WAIT! Mine didn't get in... Noooooooooooooo!

Maybe later cause last summer mine got accepted after the newer ones.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

what will the new set be.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Aww... Tear of Spring didn't enter the set

That's okay, evil flower didn't make it either.

;(
Showing 136-150 of 420