ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest

420 85210
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Spring is finally here! And with the change of the seasons, so arrives the Spring Armatar Contest!

You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of the Spring. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here. You can also check out a few select returning Spring armatars from 2009 in the 5AP section.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing great armatars =)

• 420 Replies
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

I Do, your sunrise should get to the 1 AP set! Good luck!

Who likes my Tear of Spring?

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Jdoggparty, that looks really awesome! And sorry about that Wyuen, I thought it was some dude hurling xD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

This is a bad sign, guys. The 1 AP section is still blank, which means we've all been...rejected!!

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Maybe I'll make it! *Acts heroic*

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

neah just wait for Carlie to post more info....I'm sure she is probably busy, maybe she is waiting for more entries so she can fill that empty space :P ...Yells at a out to the empty AG Building! Got any idea whats going on? Wait isn't it Easter weekend why am I here

webkinzlover7654
webkinzlover7654
2,790 posts
Nomad

That's because it was made in paint. Of course it'll look bad.
Mine was in paint! P. 5

Who likes my sunrise?

I DO!!
Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

This is a bad sign, guys. The 1 AP section is still blank, which means we've all been...rejected!!

What do you mean? HOLY NUTCRACKER'S!!! We've been REJECTED? All of us? Darn it, i never knew i drew so bad, She doesn't really know the spring itself.

Here's an image of how i feel
http://www.maugermodern.com/uploads/Sadness-Ink.jpg
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

You ripped your face off?! Yowzers. Looks painful.

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

Ah, Luke Chueh? He's a great artist

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

From what I remember, Carlie posts to update us every once in a while.

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Darn it Ernie, Bad boy! Don't lie.

Cassidy
Cassidy
3 posts
Nomad

I really like this armatar! Who made it? I know it's from last year, but does anyone know?

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

Yours? I Think it was a girl, but don't remember the username.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

This is my Spring Armatar that I made in GIMP. It is currently in 100 x 100 resolution - if you need a higher or lower resolution just tell me and I'll scale it. If you have any suggestions to make the picture look better (I understand it needs quite a bit of improving!) please don't hesitate to ask! :>

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad179/Kervonix/SpringArmatarFirst.png

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

I don't know if you like this one better, tell me if the water is to dark:

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad179/Kervonix/SpringArmatarII.png

Showing 91-105 of 420