The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106599
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

as to your plan, Lathus, I would have to say you are completely ignoring the presence of other human beings. You think nobody would spot you strealing their rations? or in time of crisis they would leave the guard shack vacant? Or that the spot you are planning to occupy wouldn't already be taken up????

Well, the way the Germans do it is pretty stupid. They normally have the shacks empty. They have some pretty tinted glass, so they just put dummies in them. As for the space, there are far more housing arrangements than people here. I wouldn't have a problem finding an empty one. The stealing rations thing, where they would keep us is directly across from the mess hall. That's where any rations would be kept. It has no locks and there is a large array of objects to hide behind. the lights would be off to avoid drawing attention (there are several windows) so getting food's not a problem, either.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

As for the space, there are far more housing arrangements than people here. I wouldn't have a problem finding an empty one

In event of a zombie apocalypse, the base would more than likely be full with refugees, internationals (as yourself), and military personnel alike. I am quite sure they would be full.
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Everyone,
Im seeing some remarkable plans taking shape. You are all thinking like survivors, and with that sort of thinking, defending against walkers will be your eventual priority.

just a few notes:

@Lathus:
What youve proposed will be fine, I'm certain, but only for a small while. There will undoubtedly be many people who thought of the same idea. The more people in an area that are not neccessarily organized could spell grave danger for your survival in the long term. Stay there for a few days. Beg borrow or barter for supplies. Keep an eye out for people showing signs of infection or bandaged areas...make your time there as quick and efficient as possible, then hit the road

@Player:
There is a very simple solution for your problem. Water collection does work, but it is a very slow process. Most survival experts warn that if you do NOT find a moving water source, you will die waiting for water to collect via collection stands.

Your best bet may be to backtrack to a pharmacy as you are able and pick up some iodine. It comes in liquid or tablet form and one small tablet can make stream water 90% drinkable. You may still get ill, but a mild case of diahrea is a better burden than choking to death on your own swollen tongue as your cracked lips bleed through your teeth. Just a happy thought

Everyone, keep up the good work! I'll be posting a short story very soon. In the meantime, keep surviving and don't get bitten!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Your best bet may be to backtrack to a pharmacy as you are able and pick up some iodine. It comes in liquid or tablet form and one small tablet can make stream water 90% drinkable. You may still get ill, but a mild case of diahrea is a better burden than choking to death on your own swollen tongue as your cracked lips bleed through your teeth. Just a happy thought

*Faicpalm*

I totally forgot about iodine.
collecting water with the water bottles from the river if I ever ran out

using the iodine I took from the local pharmacy to "cleanse" it.
And yes I know how to cook fish.
Now if I'm really desperate I'll go back to the house, that is if it's still intact.

There we go?
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

materials at my home:
-7 full water bottles(capacity varies)
-2 empty water bottles(capacity varies)
-hardly used sleeping bag
-2 1/2 grocery bags of non-perishable goods
-about 20 new fishing hooks
-bbq lighter
-2 3/4 match boxes
-3/4 full gas container
-thick winter coat
-motercycle helmet
-shin pads
--------------------------------------------------------------------
weapons:
-2 chinese cleavers
-a crossbow(3 bolts)
-hatchet
transportation:
-my dads motercycle
team:
-none
by now, i would have probably reached edmonton's suburbs. i would search all grocery stores and any where that has food(non-perishable of course) i would also loot a camping store in search of weapons, tents, etc. i would probably avoid the main commercial areas, but i can fend for myself in a pinch. i would also search any gas stations for fuel for my bike as well as food.

heading on to fort mcmurry(not sure of spelling) i would again search gas stations and stores along the way. when i reach my destination, i would find a sturdy building(concrete is best) and barracade myself in(furniture, planks, locks, etc). i would also go to a river near the town and set up some hanging containers to collect water. meanwhile, i would be searching pharmacies for idonine to clean the water. i would also probably try my best at fishing. i would tie sone fishing line to a sturdy stick, jam the stick into the ground, then throw the line and hook into the water(yes ive done it without bait). once the line is in the water, i would leave it until tommorrow and get some rest in my barracaded house.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry I have been gone for a bit, and haven't psoted anything.

I will post a scenario soon enough. I don't have one good enough for you guys to gain entry into the club with. So once I get on, I will psot it.

Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

In event of a zombie apocalypse, the base would more than likely be full with refugees, internationals (as yourself), and military personnel alike. I am quite sure they would be full.

Actually, the best thing on my base is that its the smallest one, and any vips or refugees would go to the much larger air force base down the road. there is a mall, many many houses, and enough lights to attract zombies from Russia. I'm thinking that my best bet is my own base. the only problem is: its the only hospital. all of the retards bringing in bitten people would cause a disaster. thats why i would leave the hospital as a first priority.
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Excellent point, Lathus.

One thing that cannot be stressed enough:
If your'e looking for a place to go, do NOT go to any
-hospitals
-police stations
-fire stations
-churches

These are places that MANY scared people may most certainly bring infected, either themselves, or loved ones. Your chances of survival are very slim at those places.

But Strongbow, you say, what about medicine, or weapons? Excellent points, I reply.

Keep a few things in mind:

1. The panic itself may last up to 3-4 days depending on how bad the infestation spreads in your city. In that time, there will be either marshal law, complete anarchy, or both.
There will be a lot of death and plenty of chances to get yourself killed.

2. People will swarm to grocery stores, pharmacys and the places mentioned above for supplies and/or safety. Brave these places if you will, but I myself would avoid them, at least initially.

3. Large concentrations of people usually mean large concentrations of reanimated people, especially if there was a standoff. There will most certainly be not only the undead, but also the living who may be hell-bent on defending those places, at least initially.

Your best bet is to either board up and use the rations you have until the worst dies down, or gather up and get moving. There will probably be more than enough weapons to be found as you begin pillaging abandoned houses as well as food, at least initially.

Stay calm and THINK. Studies indicate that 70% of the people around you WON'T.

*everyones setups are doing well. I see survivors in quite a few of you.
Now, do you have friends who you can find, or will you be going solo? Advantages, disadvantages...I'd love to hear them.

Oh, and by the by, I'm nearly done with my short. Bieng christmas, I've been very busy at work, but I promise I'll have something soon. Until then, do be careful...survive.

Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

Now, do you have friends who you can find, or will you be going solo? Advantages, disadvantages...I'd love to hear them.

My brother is 2 years older than me. He lives with me. He wrestles and does cross-country. He might be an advantage. He's strong-willed, though. He could be a disadvantage. That's also another mouth to feed. On top of that, if I go with my plan, the chances of being seen are doubled.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

My brother is 2 years older than me. He lives with me. He wrestles and does cross-country. He might be an advantage. He's strong-willed, though. He could be a disadvantage. That's also another mouth to feed. On top of that, if I go with my plan, the chances of being seen are doubled.

this is the one thing I have always hated about your pla, the fact that you relly so heavily on people.

your running toward a millitary base for christ sake, if your going there, what if your infected? from a distance the millitary can't tell, don't you tihnk there is a very high possibility the millitary will shoot to kill with no questions asked?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Way I look at it, unless your bringing Bear Grylls or Les Stroud of some othe wilderness survival expert, people are an absolute no. Its more people to feed, more to worry/stress about, more to command, and generally: MORE PEOPLE TO SCREW SOMETHING UP.

The only major advantage is that its more people to search for supplies, which is only really useful in the endgame. If something like this were to happen, I would fully expect to die. Period. Because Zombies are generally irrational beings, and behave as such. My only remarkable trait is my brain, so If I cant outhink the Zed, I'm ...

---

The Military Base is a bad, bad, very bad idea. Like Skater said, they will probally shoot you. Its all to easy for a case of mistaken Identaty. Throw in the fact that they and you are probaly panicking, its night, and your making a boatload of noise, it doesn't stack up too well in your favor.

Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

your running toward a millitary base for christ sake, if your going there, what if your infected? from a distance the millitary can't tell, don't you tihnk there is a very high possibility the millitary will shoot to kill with no questions asked?

I'm not running toward one, I'm riding a bus into one.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I'm not running toward one, I'm riding a bus into one.

Gah, it wasn't literall.......

So your going to go to a bus station where other people are going to go to try and get to this base.....I can't beleive I'm savying this, but go watch the begining of I am legend where everyone is trying to get Evaced. It's madness. They are checking people for bites, and infected people are showing up. Thats what it would be like, and what if they didn't have space for you after taking women and children?

My point is, I don't agree with going somewhere were the death potential is high. There is much better places you can go. Lighting signal fires so the millitary can find you later? THAt is not a bad idea if you really want to go to people who are likely going to kill you.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I think it's time I join this. I'm still a bit confused on joining, but I think I got it.

Materials at home:
*Binoculars
*Watch
*Fishing pole and full tacklebox
*3 bananas
*50 carrots
*5 apples
*ReZigs
*30 sets of clothes
*Light jacket
*Winter coat
*Small pack
Weapons
*Shotgun
*Hand Bibi gun
*Rifle Bibi gun
*Aluminum Bat
Transportation
*Mountain Bike
*Van
*Truck

I can't drive so I don't think cars should count. Unless I can add family brothers...

PLAN:
First, I would ride my bike as far as way as possible, taking all the supplies in my pack. While on the bike trail, I would look for any other people who know about this crisis. An alliance would be offered, and together we would find an elevated building. Then we would barricade all the entrances, and get to the top floor. I would ensure multiple exits, at least four, in fear of the worst. Then we would camp out, and wait. If for some reason we could not hold off the zeds, we would take one of the escape exits they couldn't reach, like a ladder, or free jump. Then we would ride far away in search of other survivors.

This club is win.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

have you ever read the Zombie Survival Guide??

Showing 376-390 of 518