The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Survival Club (READ OP)

518 106600
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Welcome, Veterans and newcomers! This is the reconstruction of The Zombie Survival Club.

First off, I'll introduce you to some of our staff.
-SkaterKidWhoPwns- This is the guy who is my 2nd in command. If you cannot get to me, go to him and he'll answer questions/comments/concerns.
...We have no other staff? Well then.

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT IT'S LIKELY YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN.
1. Do not ask "Can I join?" or any other variation of that comment. (instructions on how to join will come soon)
2. Do not make a "Scenario" (will be explained later) unless you are a member.
3. Don't be stupid, use logic and think as if you were in the actual situation. OF course it's unlikely that it will happen, but we ask that all visitors and members be serious and literate.
4. Do not question mod or my/skater's authority (unless a mod directly opposes it)
5. No overly smart-*ss comments against other members, visitors, or your superiors.
6. Do not make a Virus until you are a member. The sheet for making a virus will be given to you upon asking me or skater.
7. DO NOT. ABSOLUTELY NOT, ASK "CAN I JOIN?". I cannot stress this enough.

Now that all the rules are over with, I'll go over some Jargons (slang terms relating to "work&quot that we use here.

Scenario - This is a term we use for a situation that is meant to test the user (as well as give you something to do). These are non-linear, and are generally Hypotheticals. Any MEMBER can make a scenario. Scenarios are generally matched with a previous story/situation and they give the supplies you have on hand. As well as the supplies near you. There's also generally a map that goes with it.

Virus, Parasite, Infection - These are the general types of a zombie virus. If there is not a previous virus that is mentioned before a virus or a plan, it is automatically changed to the current dominant virus (Goliath). Goliath will be explained later in the OP.

Zed - Is the common nickname for Zombie. I.E. "Yo dude I just shot up some Zeds!" Or: "Gah! That d**n ZED bit me!"

Well that's it for the terminology! Here's the dominant virus. It's gone through plenty of tweaking, and I think it's pretty much the most realistic virus in the club (aside from hungers). If no other virus is specified before a Scenario or a plan, this is the virus to be used.
Name - Goliath Syndrome
Type - Parasite
Speed - Leisurely walking speed (2-4 MPH)
Sounds - A mild groan, much like a man/woman in pain. No screaming comes from the virus.
Infection - Infection comes from the cells. If so much as a skin cell gets into you, you'll be quickly infected (aprox. 10-160 minutes, depending on strength and immune system of the user). It contracts a lot like AIDS, but it can be ANY cell, be it secretion or meat.
Hunting - It hunts by smell and hearing. It can't see that well, but strong light in the dark will attract it. Best time to attack one is in the daytime. They can't see in detail but they can see blurry instances of light, I.E., a fire or a flashlight.
Other - Cannot swim. Cannot fly, cannot run, cannot climb.
Believability Factor - Goliath was made in a lab (Codename: Anthemia, which is a prototype of the virus. Can also be used for begginers). It hyper-evolved and infected a rat. THe rat got out and began to infect humans (as well as certain birds, causing the infection to be worldwide). What the parasite does is: It enters the body as an infected cell. From there, it infects all the other cells, coating them in a secretion that fends off any form of decomposer (In short, it makes the immune system of the host really powerful). Then, it randomly selects a cell in the body (it is generally a cell in the torso). It grows to about the size of a human heart. IT then crawls it's way into the brain. IT preforms a lobotomy and hooks into the brain, feeding it with a steady flow of required nutrients and oxygen. It shuts down all other systems besides the lungs and flushes out the blood in the body (the parasite provides the necessities for living brain), and spreads long, muscular tentacles across the zombie's body, becoming a puppeteer. The parasite feeds by slowly eating the host. IT'll take a couple of decades in order for the parasite to starve/suffocate.
Best ways to kill it - A shot to the head, killing either the parasite or the brain. A punctured lung will also kill it, but it'd take a couple of minutes for it to actually die.

How to become a member
First off, you need to make a plan. You have everything you would at home. IT would happen the moment you are typing up the answer. So if it happens at night, then it happened at night, happened at day, it happened at day. For the sake of not-cheating, we'll use AG time.
Then, you have to answer a Scenario. The Scenarios come every couple of pages.
Wait for Both the Plan and the Scenario to be graded. Each member has their own form of grading. Once it's been passed around me and Skater will figure out whether or not to let you in.
If you are not initially let in, do not be disheartened! You have unlimited tries to enter, and all members (should) give you tips to get a better plan.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the hell am I doing this?
Reasons vary. Some people in the club do think the Zompocolypse would actually happen, and some people (like myself) do it for fun and practice for writing. Others do it because they just like killing and surviving zombies, while keeping it pretty realistic.

Can I make a Virus?
Sure, if you give me a comment on my page I'll be happy to give you the layout for the virus.

Can I Join?
Scroll up and read the OP. Do it.

Can I make a Scenario?
If you are a member, sure. Just make sure it's somewhat realistic. There are no real parameters for it, it just has to be a situation. Try and make it hard, too.

I think that's pretty much it! There are a couple of tiddly bits for you guys, though:
Titles/Ranks - A title or a "rank" will be given to you if you do something outstandingly awesome, stupid, weird, or just plain out there while still keeping it realistic. For a list of the ranks/titles, visit my page.
Members - A list of the members can be found on either my, or skater's page.
Discussion - Discussions will be held every now and again, as a stand-in for a Scenario. There will be a topic in BOLD (BOLD, MEMBERS) to let you know what the Discussion is about.
and that is pretty much it.
Now then, have fun everyone!

• 518 Replies
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

that isn't the problem. sifters are meant to filter large clumps of debri, i.e flour, not the smaller pollen, mold spores, dust, etc. that would be mixing with the runoff as it sticks to your roof. collecting pure rainwater without the other stuff that would accumulate on the roof is the way to go.

ok then... i will probably set up some large containers on the roof away from gutter runoff(after they have been thoroughly washed). ill probably have to set up more containers to get the same amount of water though...
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

And no one has graded my plan? It's right up there.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

some questions: @leet

how populated is the area you live in?
which window in what room will you be leaving open?
will this window be facing towards the front or back of house?(or side)

Then I would and go to the nearest supermarket on my bike with my backpack raiding almost every water bottle and canned good so that the backpack was about to pop.

taking everything that could fit in my backpack (everything in my materials plus the crowbar)

so how are you goi9ng to fit all those materials into your already-bulging backpack???
s then I used the axe as a knife turning some of the wood into rectangular prisms and stacking them up against each other to make a wall on all sides of the tent and left an opening to go in and out.

This will be incredibly exhausting work, and seeing as you lack a way to sharpen your axe ( or haven't stated one at least), it would become incredibly inefficient after maybe the first 30 or so prisms, the # depending on how big you plan on cutting these prisms.
also, will you somehow bind these together (i.e wood glue or tar), or will you leave it free-standing??? if ti was free-standing, a good push would be disastrous for whoever wa sinside, literally crushing the occupants to death.

and i assume you will be cutting trees..... how dense is this stand of trees you speak of? If it is too dense, it can become extremely hazardous when the branches of a falling tree catch on another tree, creatig a omnipresent threat to that area, as it could give way at any moment.
And yeh know any good woodcutting techniques???

Once I was satisfied with my work I was wiped out and took a nap. When I woke up it had been almost an hour and I was starving

you would be utterly exhausted. I would assume your watch has an alarm, but even then the fatigue of the hard work might make you sleep through it....

Then I waited for whatever was to come.

your supplies won't last you forever, how will you support yourself?? state how.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

how populated is the area you live in?

Around 400 people right now.
which window in what room will you be leaving open?

In the "office" room which is on the first floor containing a lot of book shelves.
will this window be facing towards the front or back of house?(or side)

Side.
so how are you goi9ng to fit all those materials into your already-bulging backpack???

I think you might have misunderstood me. I brought my backpack empty to the supermarket and then dumped everything out on the floor of my house. Then left with some of the supplies in my backpack.
This will be incredibly exhausting work, and seeing as you lack a way to sharpen your axe ( or haven't stated one at least), it would become incredibly inefficient after maybe the first 30 or so prisms, the # depending on how big you plan on cutting these prisms.
also, will you somehow bind these together (i.e wood glue or tar), or will you leave it free-standing??? if ti was free-standing, a good push would be disastrous for whoever wa sinside, literally crushing the occupants to death.

Okay, maybe I fantasized at this part. So just scratch this part out leaving me totally unprotected except for the tent.
how dense is this stand of trees you speak of?

The trees are about 7 - 15 ft away from each other.
you would be utterly exhausted. I would assume your watch has an alarm, but even then the fatigue of the hard work might make you sleep through it....

Covered since I'm not doing the work leaving me unprotected which means I'm alert at all times.
your supplies won't last you forever, how will you support yourself?? state how.

Gathering nearby berries which are not poisonous since the government took all of the poisonous berries away since it was harming wildlife and collecting water from the (freshwater) river that I mentioned with the empty water bottles that I had drank out of.

Or I could just redo my whole plan if you would like.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Leet, sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I partied all weekend and was in no shape to be on a computer.

Anyways, the main problem I had with your plan, was that it seemed to be more of a story. We don't want "I eat trail mix, and walk out side" We want "I would do......then do......after I was satisfied I Would do......"

See what I mean? Me and strongbow like to write short stories when making scenario answers. Plans should not be a story.

Noob, you a member? If not I'll poke thoad to add you.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Anyways, the main problem I had with your plan, was that it seemed to be more of a story. We don't want "I eat trail mix, and walk out side" We want "I would do......then do......after I was satisfied I Would do......"

See what I mean? Me and strongbow like to write short stories when making scenario answers. Plans should not be a story.

Eh, well I tried to write it like that as best as I could but I guess my writing instincts took over. Should I redo my plan then?
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Loool, people still post here? I'll rip some plans to shreds in the near future.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Loool, people still post here? I'll rip some plans to shreds in the near future.

I look forward to it.

By the way, why did everyone stop using antiwhale?

Eh, well I tried to write it like that as best as I could but I guess my writing instincts took over. Should I redo my plan then?

revise a bit, and just think about wha tyour tryign to say, without giving details of your self doing it.

What we don't want "I wipe my hand on my pants getting the dirt off from the hole I just dug. There now are 6 worms intend to eat."

We want "I would then dig a hole to find some worms to eat."

Of course, you owuld never say that, but its an example.
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

By the way, why did everyone stop using antiwhale?

I don't even know. I still visit every day, to see if anyone's posted. That is a formal invitation for anyone to come and chill there with me, where I'm an admin. You don't even know how much cooler that makes a site (hint hint mods).
Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

I am pretty sure that this topic will have it's very own shiny padlock soon. you can't do things on clubs... lol

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, well, just becasue the "I love weiner club" got taken down for having no point, this one does. Including improving critical thinking, writting skills, and some other things.

Regardless, PI, you wanna find your old plan, or just make a new one for something fun to do

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I would barricade all the entrances to my house, with furniture, heavy objects, and wooden planks leaving one window open on the side of the house for going in and out when needed. Then, going to the nearest supermarket on my bike with my backpack raiding every ration putting them in my backpack. I go home making sure everything was safe. Once I finished then I would leave the house (coming back to it as a back-up base) taking everything that could fit in my backpack (everything in my materials plus the crowbar) and with the axe in my hand rode off on my bike for a long trip to the forest with a river running through it to make shelter.

When I finished making my shelter with the bed sheet hanging from two trees that made a tent I started looking for some wood that I would light up to keep myself warm. I would then gather berries from the bushes and grabbing fish with my bare hands for food and collecting water with the water bottles from the river if I ever ran out. And yes I know how to cook fish.
Now if I'm really desperate I'll go back to the house, that is if it's still intact.

Revised plan, not that I think that it's any better. It's a bit long.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

...collecting water with the water bottles from the river if I ever ran out.

Not smart dude. River water contains all sorts of bacteria and undesireables that can really screw up your day. Plus, do you know how much feces might have washed in there from rain runoff?????
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

My current Materials:
Car Battery [4], 2 extra+2 from cars
Doubled Garbage Bag full of canned/nonperishable goods
1 gas container [empty]
3 water bottles full of gas
Sharpened Lawnmower blade with rubber/foam grip (glued on duller end)
2 hatchets
! small Luggage bag Clothing/toiletries
small tarp [2], fair condition
Flashlight
Digital Watch [solar-charged battery]
3 1-gallon jugs water
2 1-gallon jugs diesel fuel
6 16-oz water bottles
2 plaatic bags vending machine food
2 bags chips
-----------
Current Vehicle:
2006 ATV [with metal racks on front+back]
---------
Current Companions: German Shepherd

Hehe, my dog liked riding on the ATV.....
By now i would have drinken 2 gallons of water and used up another quarter tank.... well heading for Wisconsin, i would completely avoid any stritly-residential areas, as i have no effective way of defending myself from more than a few zombies. If i see any gas stations that haven't been completely ransacked yet, i stake out the place for 5 minutes or so before gong in to check for anything leftover, priority being in vitamin-rich foods, fiberous foods, dry goods, and anything protein ( like beef jerky, that being tiop of the list). probably finding a bag of chips or 2, and maybe another water bottle, I would then look for a rope or cable to tie to my 1-gallon jug, which there should be at least one laying around. as normal Gas would probably be well looted dry by now, but i'll check the normal gas anyway, tying the cable through the handle and slowly dropping it down the hole, the part of the top cut off to allow gas/liquid to go in. I'll asume its dry, and go to diesel, which shouldn't be dry as most cars don't run on diesel. filling up the 2 jugs full of diesel, I now have the ability to drive a large truck/semi once my normal gas runs out.

continuing to head north for Wisconsin, again i would avoid residential areas. Once I reach there, i would go directly into the mosytly-undisturbed forest there and look for any lumber camps or better yet a Cabin/home. From the lumber camp, i would quickly go in and steal a hatchet or some form of woodcutting tool, preferrably manual. I'll add 2. If i can't find a cabin or some form of residence, I will find a secluded clearing and park my ATV there, subtracting another 1/4 container gas. Using some twigs, sticks, stones, and my tarp (one of them), I would form a crude tent, feed myself and my dog, then take a long sleep.

Waking up in the morning, I ould make sure nothing got stolen or taken by wildlife. Then I would begin gathering plenty of small branches, stones and sticks to make a small O-shaped barrier around my tent, leaving a small opening for me to get through. Finding a medium-length, straight stick eventually, i would use one of the hatchets to cut one end to a sharp point, then test it for throwing, if it works well enough, i use it. If not, scrap it+repeat till i find a good one.

As it is nearing winter, clearly a crude tent won't suffice. I would leave the tent as-is, paking up everything else, and raid any small towns i find for blankets, winter clothing, etc. . One thing i am 100% certain every looter wouldn't grab would be insulation from the housing roofs/walls. I would grab as much as i safely can and ferry them back andf forth from the town to my camp until i have enough. I would then stack them into a makeshift cabin, big enough for my dog, some of my supplies, and my ATV to fit in, then i would cover the top with a tarp and place medium-sized rocks on top of this to secure the tarp a well as make it somewhat more air-tight...

more in awhile.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Not smart dude. River water contains all sorts of bacteria and undesireables that can really screw up your day. Plus, do you know how much feces might have washed in there from rain runoff?????

You're right. So then I would just... gah you got me there. Add a funnel (maybe 2) to my list of materials and I'll put the funnel in the water bottles and collect rain water, and it rains every week which can be a bad and good thing.
Showing 361-375 of 518