ForumsThe TavernOld Armor Games

76 38237
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Remember how did armor games looked at start, this is picture of armor games few years ago ^^

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/16/0,1425,sz=1&i=167636,00.jpg

• 76 Replies
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

There was no community, no fourms, no profiles, nothing. In fact, A.G was so small, that I found it only by an Ad. What A.G was was the first half was a pictureof the top played games and on the bottom was an organized list of all the other games they had. There was A LOT of games. And what sucked even more is that all of the games that weren't by A.G (Except for a few) Were deleated. And there were a lot of good games that got delated

How do you know that, you must be here for a long time
trevboy98
trevboy98
60 posts
Nomad

ha ha wow the times have changed!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

How do you know that, you must be here for a long time

Quite a number of us (not including me) knew about the original AG site. Anyone playing flash games 2007 and before that may know.

I wish I could of been a part of it. It looks warm and inviting yet old.

Lol, there was actually nothing you could be a part of as there was no community. I did find mention to Armor Studios which was affiliated to AG and had a community, but I have no idea what it really was.

It had much less pull to communicate.

Yes, there was nowhere like a message board to gather and communicate on the site itself.
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

at least there where chat, offline/online mark and edit button (not that far in past, that came after community)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Uh, the old AG didn't even had a community. We're talking about AG 1.0 not AG 2.0 two years ago.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Wow it looks really old .... I like the medieval theme it suits AG .

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

AG 1.0 did have a community of sorts. It was around even before my time, I think that Dank and Tuna were a part of it...but it died due to lack of members...

I remember AG 1.0...the long scrolling page filled with heaps of games...

Did you knwo that the reason they changed from Games of Gondor to ArmorGames was because Tolkein threatened to sue?

I have been awaiting AG 3.0 for some time now...at least since the start of this year / end of last year...BRING ON BETA!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

AG 1.0 did have a community of sorts. It was around even before my time, I think that Dank and Tuna were a part of it...but it died due to lack of members...

Where? I want to know.

Did you knwo that the reason they changed from Games of Gondor to ArmorGames was because Tolkein threatened to sue?

Which Tolkein? And I knew that but most of the newer members don't.

BRING ON BETA!

YEAH! I'll be seeing you there.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I've found something of note. The old AG did have a community, at some point at least. Probably not a single on of us normally here on the forums remembers though, which has proved hard for me when finding information.

Oh, and this is dank's old account for one of those old, now dead boards.

Evilginger
Evilginger
159 posts
Nomad

The old community was rubbish.Like Konegrates and newgrounds.No one went on them.

kirby1243
kirby1243
141 posts
Nomad

One of the first games that i played on the old A.G was "Love Hina Dating Sim." :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

You can't just dismiss Kong and NG's community as rubbish, even though they aren't orderly as ours.

Osmar38
Osmar38
180 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, i remember that AG exactly, and also there was a warrior at the bottom of the screen

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Locking this as a necro.

This thread is over four years old. Please don't post to really old threads.

Showing 61-74 of 76