ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Chat?

18 4328
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Why is it that the average Armor Games user is fixated on the forum and the discussions that go on there, yet does not frequent (or even visit at all) the chat room? We're extraordinary lucky to have a high quality chatroom in place, but on an average day there doesn't seem to be any intelligent conversation going on there. Does anyone else agree that the chat should be pushed more?

• 18 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

It does not help that the rooms are based on the rank of the member.

Also, there are not even that many people that really do spend any decent amount of time in the forums. Combine those two things together, and you get a spattering of a few people across a large scale.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well, I just see the chat room for just some silly and not really serious talking because you're not getting points for it and it's not really a place to hold debates and intellectual conversations. To me it's just for some fun and not serious chats.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I honestly do not see why you would care to get points at all. I would love to have serious chats in that room. I like to have conversations for the sake of knowlage and not for the sake of points.

Back to the point... I realy do not see why the chat is seperated by rank. I hope that this is changed in the future

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Well yeah, it's obviously not going to be a place to discuss politics and whatnot, but in a way it could form into a sort of mini-community. Yes, the fact that your rank has a effect on which chatroom you're able to frequent is annoying, but it's nothing Dan can't fix.

Through a few SYS OPs in there and add merits, and you've got a recipe for success.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I also hope so! I'm the only prince, so i just talk to myself. I am so lonely.....I am so lonely.....

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I do not see why we can't have intelligent conversations on the chat. Maybe some people do not care if they get points or not for having an intelligent conversation.

I would like to see different rooms, each with its own topic to chat about. Or maybe allow the players to make their own rooms. Though I do beleive that most of this would be hard/impossible to do because the chatroom was brought to armorgames through some other site or program.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

[quote=NoNameC68]I would like to see different rooms, each with its own topic to chat about.[/quote]

What type of separations would you want? Wouldn't that have a similar effect on the size of the chat as the rank separation?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

No, because you would be able to choose which one you wanted to enter. With ranks, you can't evin choose who you talk to. Though I doubt we will be able to get different rooms anyways though.

I just hate when people act like you deserve points for having intelligent conversations.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I'm not saying that people should go in there for the single purpose of AP. What I AM saying is that those who take it upon themselves to keep the chat room alive should be rewarded.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I understand you and share your feeling, but the forums are made for these kind of discussions.
We established the chatroom so that users can talk to each other about anything they like (as long as it fits in the rules of course) without spamming user boards.

Too many users have achieved a high position in ranking simply because thay caht a lot with other users. we believe this is not right and that users shoudn't get points for messages like "Hi, How are you doing?", ect.
That's the main reason of the existence of thesse chatrooms.

But I agree they're not as good as they could be. I hope Dan will solve this soon.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

@ XCoheedX

I wouldnt say that the higher ranked forums are more mature...
At least it's not the case in the lords'room

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Nick was explaining how people will stay in the forums to debate thigns and have intelligent conversations because they will get points, and that everyone who wants to goof off will go to the chat rooms.

I do not see a reason in the world why we could not have a chat room set up for intelligent conversation. I am all for being rewarded but people are wanting points for every good deed or smart comment they make. Can't we have smart conversations or good deeds that are done for the purpose of being a good person or smart and not to gain points?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well, the higher ranked forums are a bit more mature. I'm sure most of the annoyance is on the serfs and squires. I think diffeent rooms should be made in the lower levels because there are alot more of them.
I don't think any rewards should be given in the chatroom. This gives mods alot more work to do, and the chat is just for small talk, or just talking.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, I have just been frustrated about people saying "well we would be smart and helpful but we want points for doing so."

It is realy eating at me. = /

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I actually only found the armor chat room yesterday. But when I went on there was only one person. Do you get points for chatting? If not then that might be why more people spend time in the community.

Showing 1-15 of 18