ForumsGame WalkthroughsHow to beat Pandemic 2 infect even madagascar

41 70065
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

choose parasite. sell all symptom you need to have no visibility. just wait and the number of infected will grow. buy all drug resistance. You must still have zero visibility at this point. Starting region doesnt matter but Japan sure wins for me(you get airborne and heat free.)after resitances buy transmission. then buy syptoms that will get you to infect people with the lowest visibility possible. Just wait and madagascar will be infected too. As soon as madagascar is infected(you should have tons of evo points now) buy symptoms that will infect and kill people. Your visibility should have had a huge jump and the world is making a cure. but due to your virus' lethality all hospitals will be closed before the cure is made. buy resistances if you have points. all will die

• 41 Replies
HellioZ
HellioZ
96 posts
Nomad

yea all resistances, maybe im not lucky ?

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

No I said transsmission. although you need resistances too

HellioZ
HellioZ
96 posts
Nomad

ow i have all except waterborne

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Well okay, You might just be unlucky. You might get it next time

juanjosec5
juanjosec5
1 posts
Nomad

OMFG i got madagascar as the first and new zealand closed out everything... -.-

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

I wish there was some way to tell exactly how much of each of the 3 stats (visibility, lethality, infectivity) any particular symptom will add, before spending points to buy it. Some of them tell in their mouseover descriptions but only with vague terms (e.g. "this makes the disease very contagions but it's also noticeable because people can hear coughing&quot.

Is there any way someone can post a chart for the symptoms, using numbers? A solid way I can compare how visible one is compared to another, or weigh the visibility vs infectivity of a single symptom, to decide if it's worth spending points on at any point.
Like, say the bar for each stat goes from 0 to 100 (0 being no effect on visibility/etc, 5 being a 5% increase in lethality/etc, 100 being the bar filled up completely)

It could be a simple list that looks like this:
Sores: +7 lethality, + 3 infectivity, + 5 visibility
Sneezing: + 1 lethality, +15 infectivity, + 15 visibility
Pulmonary Edema: +15 lethality, +0 infectivity, + 6 visibility

(I've just made up these numbers, but if I had a list like this with real info, then I could say "oh, sneezing makes the disease VERY visible, I don't want that yet" or "every place is infected so i just want to boost lethality, so pulmonary edema is a good choice&quot.

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

Oh btw I just tried a new game using the strategy in the original post. I started out in Indonesia (realistic mode), and the disease didn't spread ANYWHERE until just over 50 days, and then it spread so rapidly that by day 60 there were only 5 or 6 regions not yet infected. There were then so many reactions (governments handing out masks, closing schools, etc) that places started closing ports. Madagascar kept its ports open longer than other places, but still closed before getting infected.

I think that probably the only way to have a better than 0.01% chance of winning, is by starting in Madagascar. It's the #1 most significant factor in the game... and to be honest that seems rather unbalanced. Starting-zone is a random factor that you don't get any choice in, yet you can pretty much tell whether or not you can win a game as soon as it starts, just by what zone you're in.

Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

Unbelievable :P
I have started in Madagascar xD
I have diffrent tactic, but I would try this, next time, because it seems legit

Thowra
Thowra
31 posts
Nomad

Gettting madagascar seems to be pure luck...I have gotten that country numerous times only to have 'easy' countries like USA thwart me.

ziwhtam1
ziwhtam1
1 posts
Shepherd

wow it does work

EricLi7
EricLi7
4 posts
Shepherd

why is it that if I infect madagascar then argentina gets left out?

Showing 31-41 of 41