ForumsGame WalkthroughsCastaway tips & tricks

164 161604
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Post any Castatway tips and tricks here. For example, one area I've been having a lot of trouble with is finding the sand generator. Either I've found it and it refuses to work, or I haven't found it yet. Does anyone know where the sand generator is and where to stand to get it to work?

• 164 Replies
cactorsrose
cactorsrose
134 posts
Nomad

im on the beach but i cant find back to the village. HELP!

verbatim
verbatim
2 posts
Nomad

I dont know

thank you for hints and tips

Nicegamer
Nicegamer
75 posts
Nomad

I am in swamps. I realized that it was difficult to keep a pet in grasslands because it got hurt quite often and moreover two antidotes had to be used instead of one. So, I choose a sand beetle as pet and allowed it to be killed. Now, I can go wherever I want to. I helped the most in forest. It saved me a lot of antidotes and I could sell the berries and fruits for a fortune.

Chowda
Chowda
3 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know where the path to the 3rd area in the Jungle is? I can't seem to find it, is it in the trees?

This is 2nd area in the Jungle, with only Venom Snakes and there are 2 land pieces joined by a path/bridge with forest on the east.

gemmaster
gemmaster
3 posts
Templar

So far, since i started playing, i've simply accepted all missions as i went, just so that by the end of the generator missions i would usually have completed 2-3 of these. I've also found that having one pet very high leveled and a few more at the ready is a good idea as when the high leveled one dies, or you go into a dangerous area, you just swap out. The frost scorpions are your best friends once you can get one as a pet. As for just training, i always just stuck around to beetles, that way you can take a pause in between to heal up, plus you can leave your pet behind or do anything to practice.

When i just started off, i just kept killing blue beetles (sand i believe they are) until i had plenty of shells, berries, gold and such so as to be able to pay for supplies.

If you insist on buying food, the most conservative kind is the leaves (15g each). Healing 20 health each, you only need to spend 45g to heal the same amount as one small potion. This way, even though it takes extra time to use it, it is still more than worth it.

~~GemMaster~~

iFyre
iFyre
48 posts
Nomad

i think Castaway isnt worth playing long when i finished it i felt so stupid because i finished a game that does not even give a proper ending all it says is "thank you for saving our village" =.=

DreigradCelsius
DreigradCelsius
1 posts
Nomad

I like it.
Haven't finished it yet; maybe the ending will ruin it for me, too.
Also, exploiting the fire-elemental bug took the fun out ouf it a bit.
Their FLAME spell deals negative damage, so you can collect indefinite amounts of xp while actually gaining hp. (Beware: Doesn't work on pets afaik).
Still I had some hours of fun playing it.

Temeraire345
Temeraire345
38 posts
Nomad

I must say that after reading what people put on here about the ending not being very good, i've ended up not playing.
Not sure whether the amount of time needed input wise is going to feel worthwhile at the end.

nickxlovesxyou
nickxlovesxyou
41 posts
Nomad

The ending may not be extremely great but at least it i a fun RPG.
all i can say is always try to stay a few levels ahead of what seems necessary and save often

Temeraire345
Temeraire345
38 posts
Nomad

I think it has the potentail to be a great rpg. However, it has some serious flaws that means that i won't be speanding hours getting to an anti-climax when there are hundreds of good rpgs out there, and a good collection on here as well.

However, as i said, if the flaws were sorted that people have mentioned on the forum it could be a great game.

Chowda
Chowda
3 posts
Nomad

Seriously, how do you get to the Jungle Generator? I'm stuck in the second map with only Venom Snakes, where's the exit?

snakeseong
snakeseong
8 posts
Nomad

a tip for training a pet:

make your pet stay in a place where other mosters won't get your pet. (might as well do it in a passine place) and you fight the monsters off ALONE so be sure to have potion too.
and your pet will get exp. oneach monster you kill

snakeseong
snakeseong
8 posts
Nomad

sory if I messed up on some stuff =(

iFyre
iFyre
48 posts
Nomad

but i can give tips like dont buy potions for yourself cause its wasting your money since resting cost only 150g+ also dont think that the fire elementals always heal you it can still kill you and you only get healed by FLAME if your wearing the last armors Beserker and the last shield

shamash
shamash
76 posts
Nomad

sometimes is very cleaver to buy one or two castaway feathers if you are in a hurry

Showing 46-60 of 164