ForumsWEPRThe apocalypse

40 7680
Cheeseman298
Cheeseman298
118 posts
Nomad

Apparantly The "apocalypse" is the day when the world is supposed to end it is dated at december 21 2012 (sad just before christmas,and on the first day of winter) the aciant Miyan and other cultures belived in this.
Discuss

• 40 Replies
hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Yes, but I seriously doubt that that will be the end of humanity. In something like 4.5 billion years, the sun will explode, burning our planet to a crisp, killing everything on Earth well before we are engulfed. The thing is, by that time humans will be long dead, or we would have colonies on other planets, enabling us to escape. So, you should not worry about the sun exploding.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Dang, hojoko, you took what I was going to say

I'm an atheist, so I think any religious prophecy about Armageddon is bunk. Considering the wide variety of religions out there with different end times prophecies, and how many of them have been wrong before, I'm comfortable with this view.

Not to mention that humanity is pretty good at sticking around. We'd probably not go extinct even with a nuclear war (the damage from nukes is usually highly overestimated by laypersons).

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

yeah, I think that the apocalypse will indeed happen on that very day....this isn't the only place where I have heard that you know...

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

Im not marking my calendar God and God onlyknows for sure

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I do believe that the apocalypse will happen, but I am looking at this through a religious level (since I am Catholic) If you want to go to a scientific level, then we will be around until the sun dies. I don't really think there will be a "Solar System" or people after the sun explodes. Unless, our technology allows us to travel to other galaxies, but if you think about that, what are the chances we will find another galaxy that has a planet that will support life?

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

I think the world will eventually die out, but I don't think anyone really knows the date. Guess all we can do is wait to find out.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

I could write out a long and thoughtful post, but I'm a little busy at the moment, so I'll just say "haha" at Armed_Blade's first post on here. I'll take some cake I'm partying that day too well actually not really I don't even care if it happens, then it happens, so be unto gods will.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Estel: Why would we need a planet that supports life? If you are going to take journeys out of the solar system that last hundreds of years, you should be pretty self-sufficient; all you would need would be to find planets occasionally with metals and minerals that we can use to make and power spacecraft. And we should not have too hard of a time finding planet that supports life, there are billions of stars in the Milky Way and hundreds of billions of galaxies.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^ Haha, I noticed that right as I posted, and I was just waiting for someone to point it out! Haha, of course we would be able to support ourselves especially if we are travelling across the galaxy! To add to what you said, it is definately possible, but not EVERY galaxy can support life. We just don't know as of now. We would have to go to that galaxy to figure it out.

~Strider~

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

It shouldn't last too long for the good people...as for you evil doers....you're in for it...

Showing 31-40 of 40