ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHi every one

122 26182
Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

It's my first post on the forum and, as a presentation, this links to my deviantArt profile. Please tell me what you think about it.

• 122 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Dude, that rocks. I see you and I have similar interests when it comes to art!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

I wanna see yours ^^, have you got a dA account or so?

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

What's it a representation of in your mind?

pc123
pc123
145 posts
Shepherd

come on weres the fansy pants thAts lIke tHe cOoLEsT GaMe

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

sorry vinky but i do not really like the animal drawings but i do like your alien ones!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think somebody fell into the uncanny valley lol.

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Er... I'm not sure to understand, what d'you mean by the uncanny valley? (I'm French I know...)

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(Oui, je sais bien!) It's a psychological term. I have no idea how it would translate properly en Francais...

One theory of perception and identification in humans is that one of the bases upon which we look at things and judge them is to see how it compares to each of the attributes that we identify with ourselves. Basically, how similar something is to us, and how different it is.

For example, we would generally see a dog, or a horse, rabbit etc. as different from us as they all have different bodies, different behaviors etc. whereas we'd see humans as being relatively similar to ourselves.

For things that we judge as being "different" and going from there, we derive pleasure from the similarities that we can spot. For example, we might find a dog yawning cute, because the dog is "different" to us, but yawning is a behavior that humans generally identify with strongly.

The "uncanny valley" is the place where something lies in the space where people are unsure whether it should be regarded as "same" or "other". One subject that commonly falls into this category are the 'anthropomorphs'- in this case I mean animals given a human structure, such as your mouse on the previous page (and therefore most of the things that I draw).

"Anthropomorphic" basically means "given the characteristics of a human"- obviously thus one can be "anthropomorphised" to different extents but the point remains the same- people tend to become uneasy at around this point.

Strangely, though, younger children are much more amenable to this same subject (think of the popularity of cartoon animal shows). I'd suggest this is because kids haven't formed the relevant identity constructs yet.

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Ok thanks a lot!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Here is my last drawing... Hope you'll like it... Can you give this poor guy a past?

http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/55/59/38/now_i_10.png

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Here is the same drawing without lines... found it interesting ^^

http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/55/59/38/now_i_10.jpg

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

awesome drawing I like it but it looks kinda fat but I like the one without lines you are cool with the drawings good job!!!!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Thanks

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

thank you too. I would strongly suggest you would make human anime's
that would be so cool and you would rock even more yo!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

I think I'll try one day

Showing 61-75 of 122