ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHi every one

122 26206
Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

It's my first post on the forum and, as a presentation, this links to my deviantArt profile. Please tell me what you think about it.

• 122 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

lots of great work vinky, looking forward to your next piece.

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

I'm currently drawing a comic on the exams I'm sitting for... I don't think it would make sense posting it here, but if you want to see it, I could. But I must warn you that only a very few people may understand it even in France!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Hi guys, I'm back, and as I finished my exams, I found an old drawing in my school stuff, and I hope you'll like it
(I think it's a funny one)
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/55/59/38/numeri10.jpg

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Ha ha thats a good one Vinky keep it up.

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Thanks

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

Here is my last drawing. Once again, aliens ^^ because it's the funniest kind of characters to draw. I think this is the most complex coloring I've ever done. I used a lot of layers for the shading, colors , etc. and it took me a lot of time to finish it. Please comment in order for me to improve.

http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/55/59/38/decora10.png

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

nice art work! whats up with the rabid chicken fish thing though lol he seems pretty happy

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

er, the what?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Haha, nice! But why are they shooting a cake? Is this an artist thing?

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

They're not really shooting it, they're decorating it... But why...? I don't know it myself, and I'm asking people what happened ^^

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You know, I am convinced that there's a "French kind of strange" that pervades their art and aesthetic. This isn't a bad thing; it's quite a unique thing.

Like their best examples of music, and Citroen and their film and any number of other things, there's this sense of the absurd that I can't emulate that comes so naturally. It's great!

As for this pic, I feel that you were trying to get at a certain lighting effect, but that it isn't quite finished yet. What I mean is that the shadows radiate from the flare from that, er...glazing gun? But the picture still looks a bit flat.

Why is this? Because we may have shadows but we still need the actual light and the glow! If the program you use has an overlay brush, you will find this will greatly help you to capture the lighting perfectly. Just apply said brush (in your color to taste) in decreasing amounts radially from the point where there is most light, and voila, you have light!

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

I haven't got that tool in Paint.NET, so I tried my best with the paintbrush and several layers (and of course my faithful track pad ^^). Can't wait to get my tablet and a decent program.

And you seem to have a good overview of French culture ^^, but I didn't realized how unique was that "French kind of strange". In France, we usually think that British people have that unique sense of the absurd, not us ^^

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

wow, thanks ^^

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh darn, that's hard then...hm, how about OpenCanvas? I'd love to see what you come up with in that program! The interface is even simpler and once you get the brush-controls worked out, it's the awesomest tablet-oriented program evar! Well, maybe.

As for French culture, let's just say this: nobody designs cars like Citroen do. I can't think of another car that placed the horn control on the side of the indicator stalk! Was it supposed to be reminiscent of the air-horns from the vintage car era? It's these kinds of touches that just don't seem to make any connection, but they're awesome all the same.

Alternatively you could ask Jeremy Clarkson what he thinks of Citroen (please, somebody tell me they watch TopGear!) I can kinda see what you mean by the British sense of the absurd but I'm not sure it's quite so far removed from an ordered sense of reality.

Vinky
Vinky
63 posts
Justiciar

I'll try OpenCanva, then, thanks for the tip

Showing 91-105 of 122