ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41387
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Apple sucks

LOL Correct. My friend has a Mac and he admitted it's crap. Sorry but it's the truth... Mac's suck.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Although I don't get why Dell only buys the i7-860, that's the bottom class i7. Do the new dells have DDR3 ram?

They offer the i7-920 too. And I know my computer has DDR3 RAM, but I think most dells don't. My computer according to Dell is a gaming computer, and while its great for gaming, it has a 350 watt power supply. But my point with that was, I don't think anything less than studio xps has DDR3.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

This is my computer.
And apparently its $1049.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm the link doesn't work...

Ok, its "Dell - Studio XPS Desktop with Intel® Core⢠i7 Processor" on the best buy website.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Dell is crap, but wth is wrong with your *obvious* use of internet explorer. It isn't the dell it's your negligence and potentially ignorance

Yes its the dell's failure to run it well
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, that's where you're wrong. You see, PCs have what you call compatibility, which allows you to install stuff that slows down your computer at start up. The more things you install (that aren't games) tend to slow down your PC. If you don't do that, then your PC will start up faster. I tested this at a friends house. We turned on his Mac capsule and his PC with XP at the same time. Even with me logging on to his account which slows the process down, the PC was only seconds behind the Mac. The PC was also older than the mac.
Maybe calm down with the over-positive mac lifestyle cuz Apple sucks.

Over positive mac lifestyle? Hmm, PC. Used it. Sucked. In the immortal words of the Mac commercials, either download a ton of crap you don't need and have the computer crash every five seconds, or download not enough stuff and have an ever more useless piece of crap.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

either download a ton of crap you don't need and have the computer crash every five seconds, or download not enough stuff and have an ever more useless piece of crap.

Download/buy McAfee and you're done. One anti-virus is good enough, unless you download a ton of random stuff, then you need an anti-malware too. Hmm... two programs, neither takes much power, and both should be on a Mac too.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

No, because 1) Mac doesn't need virus protection and 2) I think I may have gone through about four anti-virus programs during my less than lovely stay with a PC.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Nope because I treated my Dell like a god even though it was crap.

Bring the Mac into the store, five minutes later its fixed. Not that mine's even crashed. Once my Dell crashed... It never came on again after about 2 years.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Nope. Treated it fine. It was shit, that's all.

Oh you see it rarely happens once (a mac problem) never twice.

Just get some cheap spyware for mac not that hard.

All PC anti virus programs are the same... crap

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

that'sa serious gaming computer moe.

I'd rather have this one with all the cool upgrades, but it costs over 7000 to get all the best.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Are you serious? The shift is wayyyyy more customizable. Too bad they replaced the Ephex with it, you could get whatever you wanted laser etched on it and could choose from 900$ exotic paint jobs (the type they use on exotic cars).

But I don't care what it looks like, if I did I'd probably have a Mac. I want a gaming computer with all the latest hardware. A core i7-980, way too much RAM, a couple TBs of HDD space, that kind of thing.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

They don't need anti virus programs. I'm not saying they ned spyware, but if you're paranoid or something, it's cheap

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

There are some viruses made for Macs. Its not common because its not worth a programmers time to make one. But of the ones that do exist, many can cripple your Mac to the point that you need a new one.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

... they don't sorry. And hey, at least it'd take a virus to cripple a mac, not just two years of basic use.

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Did you miss the fact that I have a PC nearing 20 years of use? I've seen Macs that fail from normal use in about a year. My friend has one, its so pathetic it can barely do anything.

Showing 46-60 of 276