ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41500
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Well, you'll have to set aside disk partitions and do some more stuff.

Yeah, I watched this video on youtube. It sounds interesting, but if I tried it it I know I would seriously frig something up and the computer start smoking lol.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

That's why it'd help to learn some more about computer servicing. Psst, ask someone to do it for you. You should watch what they do closely.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

but if I tried it it I know I would seriously frig something up and the computer start smoking lol.

Fortunately your CPU will melt before it catches your house on fire.

And if it's an expensive CPU, well, end of quadcore. xD

I've always wanted to build my own supercomputer. With like ungodly amounts of RAM, five or six CPUs, a couple of the highest end graphics cards (7 or 8), and 15TB or hard drive space in those Solid State Drives.

Holy frick that would be powerful. I'd probably need a couple motherboards and link them like a server system though. xD
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

You'd also need thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of spare time.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

You'd also need thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of spare time.

Spare time I have, money, not so much.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

That's why it'd help to learn some more about computer servicing. Psst, ask someone to do it for you. You should watch what they do closely

Yeah, except I can't mess with this one, the only one with internet, it has Windows Vista (FRUCKING Parental Controls), plus my mom and dad would probably pimp slap me with a knife if I managed to do it.

I do have a Compaq upstairs with Windows 98 (I am suprised at how awesome this OS is, 12 years, and I still think it out performs Vista Basic, sad) But there are no telephone outlet thingies in that room. I do have a modem/router with wireless connection, but no wireless adapter to put on the comp. my life sucks (In a computer sense)
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

@EnterOrion

Aww..

As for trying out other operating systems, you could load up a live CD/DVD or a even a live USB.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

live USB

Hmm? Elaborate please, cuz I don't get it.

Wait, are you talking about downloading it somewhere else, puttting in a flash drive, then opening on this computer?
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Just like a live disc, a live USB is a flash drive containing an operating system. All the files you need to run a computer can be placed in a flash drive.

I tried to make one when my Windows broke, but I didn't have much time to. I made a live disc, but since the BIOS was locked by a password and I couldn't open up the case to reset it, I was stuck in a dead end.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

SO you put the flash drive in and open up the operating system from the settings or whatever. Nice.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but the computer automatically detects the operating system, once you tell it to.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Hmm, this is interesting, I have a nice compaq sitting upstairs. But wouldn't I have to all that ahh what did you call it, partitioning and things first?

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

That is if you're actually going to install another OS on your computer.

Just try out live discs first if you want to try out another OS.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

yeah, I don't have any money. To buy the disc.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Huh? You don't have enough money to buy a DVD-R?

You could use a flash drive.

Showing 76-90 of 276