ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41567
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Under nine hundred is cheap?

jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

Nurvana it's annoying that your being two-face

Mrbobbyhood
Mrbobbyhood
49 posts
Nomad

sorta kinda where i come from.

jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

Where [i]do you live.

Mrbobbyhood
Mrbobbyhood
49 posts
Nomad

olklahoma in a town where oil runs and the prarie dogs are rampant and there aint a house for acres.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Jdogg its annoying that I'm not being two faced at all and you're an idiot to say so.

jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

Earlier you said that PC made a horrible phone.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

PC is way better than the Mac. Half the programs available for Windows are unavailable for Mac. It's way better for gaming, and if you encounter a problem with the PC and think it's stupid you are just retarded. People who actually know how to operate a computer to its limit know just how to fix it, unlike stupid people who just use it for the music or whatever when it can do way better if you actually know how to step off the 'safe' side of what you actually could be doing with a computer.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Note:

This is about iMacs versus non-Mac computers. The iPod, iPhone and iPad do not belong in these comparisons.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Harder to use? What are you talking about. It's way more user-friendly, as soon as I used one, I understood what it was doing right away. Unlike PCs, wheres it like

Honestly...I have never had that problem. Not once in my whole PC life.

As I said PC's have been good to me.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

yay for pcs! hmm anyways have always used a pc and it doesn't die on me so will probably keep using it unless macs become godly or something.

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

I'd rather have a Linux or a Mac. More so a Mac but a Linux if I had to.

jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

Linux you can't play diskgames or download games and it doesn't run good on flash.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Yay! I found another person who uses Linux...Ubuntu to be exact.
And yes you can play disk games on linux and you can download using terminal, using command sudo apt-get install File Name Here (but I guess for some people this is too difficult to understand)
Linux has some games that can not be played (that is one of the only minor setbacks about Linux) but All popular titles can be played (Starcraft, WOW, Half life 2, Everquest, Warcraft series, Age of Empires Series, Guild Wars, Call of Duty series and so on. For more information on games the WINE Windows Emulator can play you can visit http://appdb.winehq.org/index.php
The Best Thing to do with your computer is to use windows/Linux dual boot...

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

WINE is a godsend. No, it isn't an emulator. Wine itself is an acronym of "Wine is not an emulator" Wine's a compatibility layer, not a complete emulator.

As for games, there ought to be some good freeware stuff you can find. One of my favorite freeware TBS games is Battle for Wesnoth.

I'll think aboout getting Ubuntu once I get that new computer.

Showing 121-135 of 276