ForumsThe TavernMac vs PC

276 41617
mrboss
mrboss
41 posts
Nomad

i like PC a LOT better than Mac

Reason: my dad has a Mac and i think it is a lot harder to use than PC.

• 276 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Macs are still PC's.

Thats questionable. PCs can be changed, by you the owner, you can do whatever you want to a PC making it a personal computer. Macs cannot be changed or even fixed except for a price by Apple.
jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

That's probably why PC is better than mac.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Thats questionable. PCs can be changed, by you the owner, you can do whatever you want to a PC making it a personal computer. Macs cannot be changed or even fixed except for a price by Apple.

Even with the restrictiveness of Apple, Apple computers are still personal computers.
xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

Like I said, if you know what your doing, use a PC. If your like 80, use a Mac...

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Even with the restrictiveness of Apple, Apple computers are still personal computers.

I suppose it depends on your definition of the phrase &quotersonal computer". I see it as a computer that I control, one that I can change/upgrade/add to at will. Thats why I don't see Macs as personal computer.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I suppose it depends on your definition of the phrase &quotersonal computer". I see it as a computer that I control, one that I can change/upgrade/add to at will. Thats why I don't see Macs as personal computer.

Ah, very well then.
jdawg888
jdawg888
52 posts
Nomad

Mac goes "ROAR! I want you to have the most boring computer in the world!" PC goes "Go crazy and upgrade your computer yourself. Put a $1000 dollar graphics card I don't care.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Heh, you're ignoring the definition of a personal computer. A computer designed for home/individual use. The Mac has always been a personal computer.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Pc is better for the obvious reason
Linux is number 1
mac is number 3

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

you cant say macs arent good for gaming, have you seen the 12 core, with a tb of mem, and like 20 gigs of ram, all upgradeable, and alot more reliable, plus tech support is like uber awesome. not to mention all the cool shiz, like magic trac pad, and all the apps. plus you can get almost any program for mac, i have all microsoft stuff as well as mac stuff.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

you cant say macs arent good for gaming, have you seen the 12 core, with a tb of mem, and like 20 gigs of ram, all upgradeable, and alot more reliable,

LOL. HOW MUCH DOES THAT COST?

BTW, HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE IBM ROADRUNNER?
Lal, over 12,000 cores, 103 Tebibyte = 105472 GB Ram...

Plus the gaming problem with Macs is mostly the software. Games designed for windows are hardly ever released for the Mac OS. I mean, COD 4 just recently got released on Mac lol...

Plus if you want to get a Mac that has a viable graphic card you need to spend like $3000 haha.

Id rather get linux.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

oh, i did spend like 3000, more like 7000, but i also run my entire business on it, so i could justify that cost. its totally worth it if you need it. and the ibm roadrunner....... how much would that cost? lol

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

oh, i did spend like 3000, more like 7000, but i also run my entire business on it, so i could justify that cost.

It doesn't justify the cost if you can instead get the same thing for much cheaper.

Jeez, I just made this rig. 24 GB DDR3 Ram, 12 Core 2.8 Ghz processor, 4TB HD.

Comes to ~$4000 w/tax

http://i.imgur.com/kBqni.png

Nonetheless, most people don't buy computers to run servers on. And home built PC or even a manufactured PC will beat Mac in price to performance ratio any today.

and the ibm roadrunner....... how much would that cost? lol

125 million
Areox
Areox
6 posts
Nomad

I like PCs better. Cheaper, better for gaming, and much more customizable. Plus I really only know how to use a PC.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

any warranty on that. and it doesn't matter. macs are just a better product. its like saying why get a cadillac when you can a geo, they both move but the geos cheaper. the mac is a luxery pc.lol i just made that up, totally gettin ahold of mr. jobs with that shiz

Showing 151-165 of 276