ForumsWEPRVirgina Tech Massacre

32 8423
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

For those that don't know, today is the 1 year anniversary of the Virginia Tech massacre. An armed student came into the building and the shots went off leaving 32 dead, and many more injured. He then commited suicide in a setting of pure terror.

This really hit me hard when this happened. I live in Virgina, a couple hours from the college. When I got home, this is all that was on the news. "Virgina Tech Massacre! Many dead and injured. Campus on lockdown" My friends that had siblings at the college would call right in the middle of class just to make sure that they were alive. Luckily, none of their siblings were hurt.

This thread is to talk about how you feel about this, and to honor those that are dead. April 16th is a day to remember.

• 32 Replies
napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

its been a year? wow that was a very sad thing that happened

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

If someone in that building had a gun, maybe not as many people would have died...

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, it was a sad day
I hated it. What really struck me hard that it wasnt' even the kids fault, well, partly. I think all or most of school shootings have been from ones that are insane.
I was pissed myself when I heard it, no one should go inside a school to kill America's future. Thats evil. It is a day to remember, I'll say that.

I just think that if people watch there sons and daughters and keep them good people it'll be alright. IF there insane, call the freaking police.

Glad none of your friends siblings were hurt, still, I feel sad for the 32 that died.

austinc
austinc
86 posts
Nomad

Yeah that is sad. Also you were that close! Anyway it does not seem like it has been a year already it only seems like it has been about 3 months or so.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

It is? Wow, I never knew that, so I guess thanks for posting this. Also, it doesn't feel like it happened a year ago, it actually feels shorter. Oh, wait, I have a question to you XCoheedX, I pretty sure that you live in Virgina, so were you anywhere near that event when it took place and when you first heard about, what did you think?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were interviewing one of the survivors... the man was a saint, and very inspirational. Its scary that these things transcend both high schools and colleges... a month or so ago there were multiple death threats at my college. Most people stayed home, though classes were not officially cancelled. It puts all students in a tricky situation...

Days like this make me feel very lucky that nothing so tragic has happened in my life.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

How does this affect me? I didn't know anyone who died there. I don't like being sad, so why should I make myself sad over something that doesn't affect me?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

I agree and disagree.

packing heat isn't for everyone, and I think it should be voluntary. I just think that there shouldn't be concealed weapons bans on school campuses. I hear stories on the radio almost every day here about a kid getting expelled for bringing "weapons" to school, like safety scissors. zero tolerance doesn't work.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

I was thinking about this earlier today. What if everyone carried guns? The shooter would have been dead before 1 clip was empty.
Criminals will always have guns(cliche...I know),but they would think twice before pulling theirs out if they knew we were ALL packing. I say we make it mandatory for ALL citizens 18 and older, to carry concealed handguns. There will still be gun violence no matter what we do...but maybe the criminals will end up the victims more often...

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Why don't we destroy ALL guns? That seems just as likely, and even more valuable to humanity. No one ever seems to suggest that option, though.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

@ nick, I live about 2 hours from where it happened. Minutes after it happened, we got news at the school about it, and we had a really long silence to remember those that died, and hope that the shooter was contained. (we didn't know at the time he committed suicide) Everyone at school wore the VT maroon and orange in respect. It was quite a site to see.

blackop
blackop
12 posts
Nomad

I felt disheartend when I turned on the TV this morning but at the same time, rejoiced because I had a cousin at Virgina Tech, who lived thank god. My heart goes out to all the family's of the departed though who had to get the terrible news that day, and now even more since they have to remember it.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I was thinking about this earlier today. What if everyone carried guns? The shooter would have been dead before 1 clip was empty.
Criminals will always have guns(cliche...I know),but they would think twice before pulling theirs out if they knew we were ALL packing. I say we make it mandatory for ALL citizens 18 and older, to carry concealed handguns. There will still be gun violence no matter what we do...but maybe the criminals will end up the victims more often...

Woah woah, that part is wrong!

if everyone was carriying a clip, that would cause more caos, not stop it, think about it...Threr could have been more kids like him, except they did not have any accses to wepons! This would give them more wepons and all hell would have broken lose!

More guns=More violence.

(Wow first Nick_coolhaha lives near the place the beatings of that girl took place, and now XcoheedX lives 2 hours away from this!)
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^Hey, buddy? Come try and pull a gun on someone in Texas. See how that ends up.
Reason why gun violence is lower in Texas? NO ONE WANTS TO GET SHOT.

Sorry to ruin your argument, though.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

^Hey, buddy? Come try and pull a gun on someone in Texas. See how that ends up.
Reason why gun violence is lower in Texas? NO ONE WANTS TO GET SHOT.

Well Megamickel, Not every place in the whole world or the US is going to be like Texas, and I was saying there are many unstable people in the world so giving them guns would not be such a great idea, but thats just my ophinion.
Showing 1-15 of 32