ForumsWEPRThe Army

59 11085
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Can it ever be right/wrong to kill another human being?

• 59 Replies
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

um... that's not actually how the war started... it wasn't because europeans wanted to save the innocent, it was because they were afraid germany was going to become a huge power, as it violated treaties saying it wasn't supposed to gain any more territory, starting with the partition of poland

Really? I should brush up on my WW1 & WW2 knolage!
RaterOfGames
RaterOfGames
5 posts
Nomad

to me only god can say

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

or unless or if you have to

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

um... that's not actually how the war started... it wasn't because europeans wanted to save the innocent, it was because they were afraid germany was going to become a huge power, as it violated treaties saying it wasn't supposed to gain any more territory, starting with the partition of poland

WW2 problems.

Britain would never have lasted WITHOUT the fact of doing good for the Jews. People-influence is neccesarry, if Britain had of fallen with only having the intention of keeping the treaty of versailles [A treaty's rules already being broken BY adolf hitler] and only said that to its people, the army would have been weaker, the Russian invasion would have been timed right and the world would be a WHOLE lot different. Maybe not even an Israel, who knows?
So, Not just the Partition of poland.

Also, Ricador, Truth in those words, man. :P

Anyway, The only reason of WW2 was WW1, You can NEVER restrict a country from its own rights, and make it do something it doesn't require. WW1 was a big mess of treaties because of the new countrys in Europe, after the meltdown Germany [Because they owned, they were the "sparta" of europe] was said to pay cash and stuff, so they got pissed. The german people were deprived of life, 4 Billion Marks equaled a dollar, Not gonna work.

SO -- Even though it was wrong, people supported and were brainwashed by adolf hitler. How kreepy.

BESIDES WW2, Moral Ethics don't work in our world, and to "Preserve, Protect, and Defend" our country, we must take the liberty of taking out evils in the world, a corrupt country must be hit or defended against, as if its curropt it will not listen to democracy and negotiations.

As such, we have problems, The army saves us.

"Ask not what America will do for you, Ask what you can do for the Freedom of man" -John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Adress.

Nice Quote, I think. The Freedom of man has ended up coming in the price of lives. Who'd have guessed.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

WW2 was chiefly started in my opinion due to the policy of appeasement we(Britain) kept letting Hitler have more and more until Germany was strong enouugh to pose a threat and the people accepted the lack of political freedom in return for success in foreign policy after the completely botched Treaty of Versailles.

France had more aeroplanes than any other country in ww2 and could have prevented Germany from takin the Rhineland and other areas also the Czechs had more army divisions at the time Germany invaded them. If only someone had the balls to stand up to Hitler WW2 might not have happened.

This is why armies are nescessary to stop tyrants in their tracks because without killing we would all be speaking German(well Europe definitely) which is why killing to stop violent people is ironic but also the only way to do it.

''The only thing for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing''

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

''The only thing for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing''

Which is exactly what happened on 911, with the exception of a few brave people on one airplane.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

tru but at the same time u cant rele blame the pepl on the airoplanes 4 not tryin 2 fite bak tho u can only blame osama bin laden

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am sorry Switchfoot i did not mean to offend you with my blatant disregard for grammatical correctness. I can assure you that it won't happen again and that the future of English literature is not at stake here(twat)

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

ok lets get back on topic, k i was watching CSI and this kid (about our age) saw his dad hitting his mom so he got a wrench and hit his dad in the head and killed him like if that happened to me i would do the same thing

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Ye but i wdnt aim to kill him just stop him

thegrim23
thegrim23
172 posts
Nomad

but the kid didnt aim to kill his dad he aimed to make his dad stop hitting his mum(or mom in american)

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

But tragically accidents like that happen all the time in war and in other places and so if u kil an innocent(or in this case a wifebeater) is that justifiable?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'll comment on this from a consequentialist perspective:

If you're thinking in terms of risk assessment, then yes, you could say that environments such as a modern war does increase hazard (risk of unfavorable outcomes such as injury or death or something that negatively affects quality of life). The physical aspects of war, by definition, place soldiers under extreme stresses and also introduce conditions to the broader community that would be considered unacceptable in peacetime.

In the case of the wifebeater, as thegrim23 has done, it is possible to argue that the act of violence in order to defend somebody else is a net benefit (or at least a smaller loss) than not acting, as it would have resulted in a harm considered greater to more parties. That is to say if the kid hadn't killed the wifebeater, the abuse would have likely continued unchecked and thus the outcome is worse for everybody involved.

In the case of war in general, there are a lot of factors that influence the decisions to go and whether to persist etc. If you look at the justifications for the War in Iraq, for example, national security is a prominent feature- "we viewed this nation and its parties as a threat to our continued liberties and so in order to defend our liberty we must neutralise the relevant components." Simplistically speaking, in a way this can be read as "if we didn't do this more people are going to be worse off/dead." This is partially why as the civilian/combatant death toll rises, people start to question whether this is actually the case. By this point in time though, much more is at stake.

Of course all this is contingent on how people value such things as life and liberty (the underlying theme of the entire thread.)

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

however i still think that u shudnt aim to kill the father with a pipe as just the act of violence would bring attention to wahts going on to others and would deter the father aswell however i agree with your other points

Showing 46-59 of 59