ForumsWEPRCould a Nuclear Holocaust really Happen?

20 13034
Dragonz5
Dragonz5
96 posts
Nomad

We all talk about how we would or wouldn't survive an nuclear war. There's even games like fallout about the aftermath. But COULD IT REALLY HAPPEN? Our only precedence is the Cold War. People were buying fallout shelters, the opposing countries were building up nucleuar arsenals, conventional wars we going on, but not a single nuke was actually dropped. Apparantly humans are smart enough not to actually start nuking each other. Or are we?

• 20 Replies
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

I'd put my money on some sort of an EMP rather than a nuke.

LCBlome99
LCBlome99
2 posts
Nomad

Nuclear war is very easily achieved but would nuclear fallout happen nowadays? well the answer is yes or no... we dont know if the U.S. goverment or the other 2 superpowers (Russia and China) have been secretly inventing nuclear weapons behind our back, There are thousands upon thousands of disarmed bombs that could have been used in the Cold War and I have read in a book somewhere that China had about (not quite correct I am guessing) 14,768 nuclear weapons.... we are second and Russia was third in that category and if we all launched our weapons (even "lesser powered countries&quot We could have "cleaned the slate" of all life 7 times with that many nuclear weapons.... Even if the earth did have 21 billion people and some survived you would not survive, the earth's atmosphere would be obliterated allowing gamma rays to attack the earth at great volume like on other planets whose atmospheres are thin and weak we would be cooked no matter how much lead you pump into a titanium reinforced bunker, gamma rays can pass through those and kill you anyways.... So yes fallout can occur but the chances these days are slimmer as we have many less nuclear bombs (Thanks Obama...NOT!!!)

LCBlome99
LCBlome99
2 posts
Nomad

[quote]Now about the OP, while it is possible, it's highly unlikely that it would ever happen.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

~Albert Einstein
you just proved yourself wrong...you misinterpret the genius writing of it... just by that one sentence I can tell Albert was saying that after a great world war the human race would be back to the stone age as all electronics would be ****ed up the *** (A.K.A.Nukes can be used as emp's emps can be used to disable all electronics under the area it was detonated... think of it this way (just thought of this) Even if a country created an "anti nuclear system" that would destroy all nukes about to hit the earths surface within a 10 mile radius, you could just drop the bomb miles above the earth disabling that anti nukes system so you would need to have some source of secondary power but anyways games like fallout are totally wrong as you can read my last comment about the gamma rays killing us.... In fallout there are 200 year old terminals that work perfectly which is totally ****ed up

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Nukes are no fun, white phosphorous on the other hand
http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/91/51/13bf2f8cd58435e3c18a9515c3944c7c-me-gusta.jpg

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I thought that maybe these recent comments, despite their presence on a necro'd thread, might generate some discussion. It seems as though I was wrong. So I'll just lock this thread and, should anyone wish to continue the conversation, feel free to start a new thread.

Showing 16-20 of 20